NBA FINALS 2019: My Little Finals Can't Be This Kawhi! | Warriors vs Raptors | OT | Started From Lebronto Now We're Here

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Pascal Siakam has single-handedly torpedoed the Raptors offense by refusing to cut/slash to the bucket more often.

Instead, this dude camps on the perimeter and shoots 3s that never seem to go in.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
Pascal Siakam has single-handedly torpedoed the Raptors offense by refusing the cut/slash to the bucket more often.

Instead, this dude camps on the perimeter and shoots 3s that never seem to go in.
Raptors can feast in the paint, I expect we'll see more of that from Siakam in Game 6 and more dishing down low to Gasol

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
Siakam and Lowry have been putting in 19 a game and 14 a game at like 50% and 40%, respectively. They have been very solid second options for Kawhi. Not to mention strong games from Gasol, Van Vleet, and even Ibaka.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Game 1 Siakam was magical; dude was so damn effective in the paint and was creating his own shots.

Either the Warriors have adjusted really well to his game, or the dude is being told not drive in the paint by Nurse.

Tron1

Dec 23, 2017
RIP Tony Parker. I'll always remember how, in the peak Spurs' last few runs, he was a ball-stopper who hurt the Spurs' spacing and stole minutes from the superior Patty Mills. Pop absolutely threw that Clippers series and it is a travesty that bothers me to this day.
The problem with great and successful coaches is they can’t see past what they have accomplished. They have their guys and they stick with them. They could have won’t that first series against Lebron Heat. Ginobli played like crap but pop refused to sit him.

Gigglepoo

Oct 25, 2017
The way the fans have reacted is remarkably similar. When the offense didn't pan out as expected fans lauded fell back on their elite defense and I always always heard "but I really don't wanna give up smart" even when discussing top tier players.
You need guys like Smart to win big so it's counter-intuitive to use him to trade for a star.

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
The concensus is Kawhi is surrounded by bums. That pretty much makes him MVP.
Kawhi’s second best player is a guy named Fred Van Vleet
Counterpoint: the Raptors go 7 or 7.5 deep with NBA players, the Warriors have played Jonas Jerebko/Jordan Bell/Andrew Bogut/Alfonzo McKinnie/Quinn Cook a combined 300 minutes and a decrepit Shaun Livingston 82 minutes. The Raptors have six guys averaging double-digit PPG; the Warriors' fourth-leading scorer averages 7.6 PPG and cannot jump.

Given the injuries involved, I think Kawhi has been operating with a much better supporting cast. Not his fault, and he's been great and will be a deserving FMVP if the Raps win the series, but the Warriors have been putting a skeleton crew out there.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
I envy that Warriors' offense so much.

You can give the ball to either Klay or Steph and almost be guaranteed a good shot from 3, regardless of how many defenders are on them.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Game 1 Siakam was magical; dude was so damn effective in the paint and was creating his own shots.

Either the Warriors have adjusted really well to his game, or the dude is being told not drive in the paint by Nurse.
He was making some insane shots in that first game.

Thats not sustainable.

And the Warriors defense has not been great but they have ramped it up a bit as the series has gone on.

That said, the Raptors have wide open shots on every possession. They are just not making them consistently. Its pretty simple for how they can win. Make your shots. If you do you win. If you don't then the Warriors have a chance to win these games.

Pascal Siakiam is an IKEA Josh Howard lets be honest
Thats too much truth for a single post.

These guys can't handle it.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
The concensus is Kawhi is surrounded by bums. That pretty much makes him MVP.
The average NBA fan actually thinks this but this Raptors team has honestly been one of the deeper teams in recent Finals history. 6 players scoring in double figures is extremely impressive and for each of their wins they have had a player step up and score 20+ to help out Kawhi.

Dec 2, 2017
Pascal needs to step up. Dude plays like he is scared to shoot sometimes and scared to drive.
Pascal Siakam has single-handedly torpedoed the Raptors offense by refusing to cut/slash to the bucket more often.

I don’t understand these takes. This was his shot chart in the last game:

He took 4 open corner threes, which is unquestionably a shot he should be taking. Every one of his 11 other shots were at the rim.

His problem isn’t volume or shot selection, he’s 100% playing within their offence. He’s just been clanking a lot of bunnies. The Warriors have been playing him well, putting a body on him as soon as he gets the ball and sending help.

Even still, he shot 6-15 which isn’t terrible.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Dude needs a bonafide consistent second-shooter and he ain't getting any help on that front.

The other Raps are bums.
Dude the raptors have 5 guys score in double digit like in 3 out 4 of series.

I'm rooting for Kawhi but this is fake narative.

Gs only won 2 because somehow stole it in the clutch moment. GS only won 5 quarter out of 20

Tophat Jones

Oct 26, 2017
Either the Raps end the Dubs dynasty in Oracle's last game ever, or we see a superhuman Splash Bros performance.

Us neutrals continue to win.

ViewtifulJC

Oct 25, 2017
Warriors can get like 110. Curry/Klay can score 30+ each. Dray might get 10. Cook might get 6. Iggy might hit one of his 7 open threes. Cousins had a good game so next game will be bad. Looney is done and Durant is rip. Maybe Shaun gets four?

IDK it’s pretty bleak for warriors scoring outside the top two. Raptors obviously have Kawhi for 30, but then Lowry, FVV, Gasol, Ibaka, Siakam can all get double digits without blinking. Danny Green too

Status
Not open for further replies.