• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who wins?

• Raptors

Votes: 245 41.8%
  • Warriors

Votes: 341 58.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ninja posted that gif months ago in response to me. And now it's like clockwork. New material time?

Don't u dare me to dig it up unless he edited it lol.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
How tf do you remember who posted what gif "months ago"? I mean, whaaaaa?

I found it on some NFL subreddit making fun of the Patriots

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Ninja posted that gif months ago in response to me. And now it's like clockwork. New material time?

ShTAS2E.gif

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
...that's Tom Brady? Maybe I'm just bad with faces but it looks nothing like him

Edit: oh, you weren't joking about it being a mask

Last edited:

Crumb

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

quick ninja, go edit your post so anubis doesn't find out that you posted that gif months ago and now copper posted it. if you don't, he would realize that it's like clockwork.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
That Brady gif horrifies me every single time I see it...

Also FF VII is looking sexy. Only mainline FF game to play, and it's getting fully redone (in 20 parts, all to release by 2099 due to Nomura's fast output)

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
That Brady gif horrifies me every single time I see it...
yes
Also FF VII is looking sexy. Only mainline FF game to play, and it's getting fully redone (in 20 parts, all to release by 2099 due to Nomura's fast output)
They are taking a full game, chopping it up in 4 parts and charging $60 for each. Not sure I want to support that, but the game really looked good and I was even skeptical at first.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
yes

They are taking a full game, chopping it up in 4 parts and charging $60 for each. Not sure I want to support that, but the game really looked good and I was even skeptical at first.
Yeah, I've heard about that which is shitty. But the game looks amazing and it being the only mainline FF I haven't played, there's no way I'm not buying this day 1.
U like the new battle system?
I wrote about it on the FF topic.. but it looks like they did what the ok FF XV system should have been. Looks like a nice mix of TBS and what we see out of 90% of RPGs now. I like either battle system so seeing something in-between I can get behind it.

Why, you didn't like the new battle system? I know a lot of people are gonna be disappointed it's not purely TBS, but I think that era is officially dead when it comes to big AAA.. only exceptions from now on are Pokemon, Persona, and Dragon Quest.

offtopic

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
wtf is up with windworst (and other mass media) now reach-arounding kawhi on his rebound from lebron? He keeps saying shit like "kawhai is the brightest light in these finals". curry is doing way more with way way way less. what the hell does curry have to do exactly to get the credit he is due (examples 1a and b he should have 2 finals mvps already). Curry has been by far the best player in the finals...i'm not really sure how anyone claiming to be a professional could claim otherwise (and windworst isn't the only one)

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
wtf is up with windworst (and other mass media) now reach-arounding kawhi on his rebound from lebron? He keeps saying shit like "kawhai is the brightest light in these finals". curry is doing way more with way way way less. what the hell does curry have to do exactly to get the credit he is due (examples 1a and b he should have 2 finals mvps already). Curry has been by far the best player in the finals...i'm not really sure how anyone claiming to be a professional could claim otherwise (and windworst isn't the only one)

Nope, Kawhi has been the best player. And I could argue that if the Warriors wins it, the MVP could be Klay.

Curry has put big numbers, but his efficiency is not good. He disappears during entire quarters.

Boogs31

Oct 28, 2017
Ohio
They were two completely different players and injuries, so no there isn't any inconsistency. Their medical staff told Klay to wait a game, their medical staff told KD he was good to play if he wanted to, and he ended up blowing out his achilles.

You don't think it's a bit foolish of Kerr to have any player coming off an injury play 12 of the first 14 minutes and also be asked to bring the ball up the floor against full court pressure? You don't think it's ignorant of the training staff to suggest a player not fully healed from a muscle injury isn't susceptible to another injury from overcompensating? To say it's just an unfortunate injury is not understanding what happened here. This shouldn't have happened. And obviously no one on the Warriors wanted this to happen, but that doesn't mean there wasn't a great deal of incompetence taking place.

offtopic

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Nope, Kawhi has been the best player. And I could argue that if the Warriors wins it, the MVP could be Klay.

Curry has put big numbers, but his efficiency is not good. He disappears during entire quarters.
Curry has literally one player around him who can knock down a jumper of 14' at a decent percentage if left undefended. Raptors have what? Like 4-5 on the floor at any given moment? Raptors literally have to ONLY guard Curry and Thompson and yet they still are failing to guard Curry. His efficiency isn't great (but still much better than the much feted LeBron of 2015) but he is really the only player they need to guard. Fucking a box and 1 for fucks sake - that is knowing that the team you are playing only has one player who can make any sort of a shot. So is Curry that incredible to force the high school defense or is the rest of his team that poor at shooting? You can choose.

Curry has been absolutely god-like with the tatters the team is in and nobody who can hit any open shots except Thompson who is probably only playing at 80%. Kawhi has been absolute shit on defense (just getting roasted all series by pretty much anyone he is guarding), somewhat effective on offense but disappears way more often than Curry. He had a great stretch in game 5 in the 4th quarter but then took two incredibly low percentage shots in a row (playing hero ball) and missed both really badly...this eventually led to the warriors winning it.

The best player so for is clearly Curry.

offtopic

Banned
Nov 21, 2017

Oh now that I look at it again it would appear that you are just trolling with the Thompson take. Should I go equally edgy and say siakem has carried the Raptors when needed but deferred to Kawhi when it didn't matter as much? Hmmm.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
So Curry is the best player in the Finals, because he doesn't have as much help as Kawhi. But he also was the best player in the league in the last 3 seasons, even tho he had more help than anyone else in that period?

offtopic

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
So Curry is the best player in the Finals, because he doesn't have as much help as Kawhi. But he also was the best player in the league in the last 3 seasons, even tho he had more help than anyone else in that period?
Huh? Yes. In fact, the former is part of the evidence of the latter. It makes it more apparent that he is the best player. Some idiot maddog or espn podcast dude this last week was like "huh...well i now think Curry could average 33 ppg if he played for charlotte". No shit sherlock..he could average whatever he wants if his team was bad and he didn't care about involving teammates and making the team better.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Yo I saw NBA2K19 on sale for $2.99 on my Switch and I almost didn't buy it. Had some gold points to spare and it came out to $2.20 after taxes.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Huh? Yes. In fact, the former is part of the evidence of the latter. It makes it more apparent that he is the best player. Some idiot maddog or espn podcast dude this last week was like "huh...well i now think Curry could average 33 ppg if he played for charlotte". No shit sherlock..he could average whatever he wants if his team was bad and he didn't care about involving teammates and making the team better.
I won't get into it with you because I'm actually hoping the Warriors win this now and I don't want you to ruin it for me.

You just can't get offended every time anyone thinks someone other than your guys is the best player in the game. That is not a healthy behavior. You like Steph, that's great, just kick back and watch him. Dude literally won 3 of the last 4 titles. Don't know if you're a long time NBA fan, but that is extremely rare, so just enjoy it. If you gonna get in your feeling every time someone else is praised, you gonna have a bad time.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for your expert take supported by evidence. Also, Curry is now a controversial prick? One of the nicest, classiest, well-spoken, reflective guys you will meet in the sport.
How the hell you can take my post that way? are you serious?

You just saying how people can think Kawhi is finals MVP over Curry.

Oh I get it while typing, I type Pick not Prick, chill dude.

Raonak

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I think Curry has been the best player in this series. But kawhi is right up there too.
Steph is averaging some fantastic numbers for a dude who is attracting 90% of the enemy defenses.

Both seem to dissappear for streches.

Status
Not open for further replies.