• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who wins?

• Raptors

Votes: 245 41.8%
  • Warriors

Votes: 341 58.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hqdefault.jpg

This is from 2001 but still what a duo

gully state

Oct 27, 2017
Warriors are not gonna tank. I'm saying it now. Steph and Draymond going to work this off season, and Steph will go on his 3rd MVP run. That's the fan in me talking.

I'm ok with the warriors tanking next season for the sake of health. This was literally the worst outcome we could have. I'm more upset that klay, Durant and looney are badly injured at this point. We got our chips and as fans have been blessed with a great franchise from top to bottom.

Dray needs to develop some type of offensive game. If he can't shoot 3's he needs to catch the ball in a position where he's a threat to score, especially if he wants to be paid.

Ownership should pay klay. It's the right thing to do even if he comes back and isn't the same player that he was. Same applies to KD. As a franchise they've sacrificed and should be rewarded. The last thing we want to be like is Boston when it comes to how we treat players.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Ownership should pay klay. It's the right thing to do even if he comes back and isn't the same player that he was. Same applies to KD. As a franchise they've sacrificed and should be rewarded. The last thing we want to be like is Boston when it comes to how we treat players.

It's weird to hear, but I agree. It's just that when the Lakers gave Kobe that last contract (which he absolutely deserved in terms of money to the franchise) all people cared about was how it crippled their salary cap (like they were really going to sign anyone anyway).

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Could Kawhi handle the Bad Boys D?
It all depends on the rules.

Hard to judge current players against those teams because they were allowed to beat the shit out of you anytime you went to the rim. On the other hand Kawhi was also dealing a lot of punishment when he went to the rim so I think he would have been ok.

When did it exactly start to get softer?

I remember ever in 04 the Lakers could not stop Parker at all. He was just running circles around Payton, so the 'adjustment' was that they beat the shit out of him in the first quarter for the next two games and he never recovered. You can't really do shit like that anymore (which is a good thing). But I would imagine its hard to shoot jumpers when you know you might get punched in the dick every once in awhile by some Oakley type goon.

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
I'm ok with the warriors tanking next season for the sake of health. This was literally the worst outcome we could have. I'm more upset that klay, Durant and looney are badly injured at this point. We got our chips and as fans have been blessed with a great franchise from top to bottom.

Dray needs to develop some type of offensive game. If he can't shoot 3's he needs to catch the ball in a position where he's a threat to score, especially if he wants to be paid.

Klay should be fine once he's healthy so I agree. I don't think they're hedging their bets much if they pay him.

KD is the big question mark given the injury. Ideally he takes his option and they can re-evaluate at the end of next season. If he looks like himself they give him a max if he wants to stick around.

Of course paying these guys gives them zero depth, so if they don't come back as the same players, or get injured again, they're kinda fucked, but that's the risk running a top-heavy team.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
so apparently oakland police are seeking battery charges against masai as he shoved an officer trying to get to the floor or something

Line X

Oct 26, 2017
No free and easy coasting ring for Boogie, thank God.

Jeremy Lin is more deserving than Doo-doo Cousins.

Oneandonly16

Mar 11, 2019
Klay should be fine once he's healthy so I agree. I don't think they're hedging their bets much if they pay him.

KD is the big question mark given the injury. Ideally he takes his option and they can re-evaluate at the end of next season. If he looks like himself they give him a max if he wants to stick around.

Of course paying these guys gives them zero depth, so if they don't come back as the same players, or get injured again, they're kinda fucked, but that's the risk running a top-heavy team.

If they max KD they can take advantage of the DPE. Depending on what they sign him for it will give them half of his years salary to sign a player for 1 year, use in a trade, or claim someone off of waivers.

That won't help them for the first year KD returns but next year they will have a replacement.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
If they max KD they can take advantage of the DPE. Depending on what they sign him for it will give them half of his years salary to sign a player for 1 year, use in a trade, or claim someone off of waivers.

That won't help them for the first year KD returns but next year they will have a replacement.

If you sign a player who they know is going to be disabled, you shouldn't be able to use the DPE, but I'm not sure if that's a real rule. Regardless, they can't use half his salary, it's half his salary or the non capped mid level exception, whichever is higher (otherwise man Washington could spend a fortune on Wall's replacement)

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017

Ah interesting. I hadn't seen the DPE mentioned, but that does sound like a good opportunity for them to use it.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

It's unlikely KD sees the court at all next season. Opting in wouldn't be that great of an outcome for the Warriors. He heals on their dime and then can walk next summer. They may be forced to offer him a max long term deal if they want to keep the band together. At the end of the day this is all going to come down to how much of a tax hit Lacob is willing to stomach. Maxing our KD is a no brainer. Losing KD for nothing, either this year or next doesn't give them any additional flexibility. And then of course they have to make a decision on Dray a year from now. The ballsy/risky move might be to not resign KD, trade Dray and then attempt a soft rebuild next summer, but even then Klay and Curry alone take up like 80% of your salary cap. Shits gonna get rough in the bay.

Oneandonly16

Mar 11, 2019
If you sign a player who they know is going to be disabled, you shouldn't be able to use the DPE, but I'm not sure if that's a real rule. Regardless, they can't use half his salary, it's half his salary or the non capped mid level exception, whichever is higher (otherwise man Washington could spend a fortune on Wall's replacement)

I've never actually considered that fact. If KD resigned then they definitely shouldn't be able to but I'll look into that rule more to see if that is allowed.

You're right about the MLE part too, I didn't think about that. That definitely limits what they could do next season.

idlewild_

Oct 29, 2017

Will be interesting to see this team going forward, if they also re-sign Draymond that's like 150m for just 4 guys.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
and they 0 clue how either one will play after recovery...........this would be an insanely high risk move. They wouldn't be able to sign shit for the year too

Klay i think barring something crazy happening in his recovery you can bank on being fine.

KD is the much bigger question mark. But from the Warriors perspective they are essentially going all-in on these next (last few) years of these guys primes. Like I said before cap flexibility is out the door. They ain't gonna have any regardless once everybody is paid. So why not take a $200 million flyer on KD possibly coming back to something resembling what he was before so long as the owner is cool with footing the bill? It's not like they can use that money on something else.

What's the alternative? You let Klay and/or KD walk and you still don't much cap space to compete with next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.