• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who wins?

• Raptors

Votes: 245 41.8%
  • Warriors

Votes: 341 58.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Harden played well in the playoffs. Giannis was very underwhelming. Harden was also better in the regular season. Yet Giannis will win MVP over Harden, and will appear above Curry in media's player rankings.

Giannis looked unstoppable for 9 games. He also played well this series too but he just ran into a much better defensive team.

What the fuck is up with all the Giannis hate?

Rocket Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes. Absolutely 100%. Last night wasn't a celebration like that because it was the ECF. It was because for once a team didn't fuck up at home in a big spot. They actually fucking won.

This city has this collective stick up their ass removed.

That Jays win in 92/93 is practically ancient history for many ppl here, so this is the first time they can appreciate something momentous like this.

The Raptors are truly New Toronto's team. The city of immigrants, diversity and togetherness regardless of where you're from, free from prejudice. Drake was right when he said it was a special bond.

You go through years of Hoffa and Bargnani and the super litany of other scrubs that played here and you don't feel like you'll ever reach this point.

Whatever happens now is gravy, real talk.

Yup...immigrants are all about the Raptors and have been for a while. And it's not just in Toronto, you see it in other cities in Canada.

JLP101

Oct 25, 2017
No lie. That win in Oakland where we blew them out without Kawhi was the most impressive performance I've ever seen from this team. The Warriors came out super flat but the Raptors had a fantastic game plan, came out calm/focused and executed on mismatches to near perfection.

I implore everyone to watch this shit before jumping to conclusions about this series.

I consider it the most impressive win for the Raps during the regular season. It was a back to back game, without Kawhi and an away game and they dominated. HOWEVER, regular season games mean nothing in playoffs. Bucks were 3-1 against Raps in the regular season and they handled them easily in those games as well.

Even if Raps get swept and Kawhi bounces, it's still the best trade and best player in Raps history.

Yup, hope fans treat him with respect he deserves if he decides to bounce.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
No lie. That win in Oakland where we blew them out without Kawhi was the most impressive performance I've ever seen from this team. The Warriors came out super flat but the Raptors had a fantastic game plan, came out calm/focused and executed on mismatches to near perfection.

I implore everyone to watch this shit before jumping to conclusions about this series.

I hope your boys channel that same confidence. They're coming into the Finals right where they need to be: with the supporting cast (minus Danny Green) playing at or above expectations. If Danny can find his shot and Kyle can keep that deer in headlights look off of his face, this will be a really good series.

Go get those W's. I believe.

Bad game - washed
Good game - GOAT

Up in the first - will win game
Down in the first - fraud team
To be fair: boy oh boy did his lack of a jumper expose him when he couldn't get to the cup. I look forward to seeing him in a couple more years when he has a mid-range jumper and maybe even a post-up fade-away. He'll be a huge problem in late playoff runs like he is during the regular season at that point.

Also: when Eric Bledsoe figures out how not to be an anchor around a team's neck.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Bad game - washed
Good game - GOAT

Up in the first - will win game
Down in the first - fraud team

He didn't even play bad imo. HE just met a team with great defensive personnel that took away his biggest strengths.

This summer all he needs to do is add a mid range jumper and improve at the line. Those 2 things would open up his game immensely. And it's not like he is incapable of making a big shot. He hit some fuck you 3s this series.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
He didn't even play bad imo. HE just met a team with great defensive personnel that took away his biggest strengths.

This summer all he needs to do is add a mid range jumper and improve at the line. Those 2 things would open up his game immensely. And it's not like he is incapable of making a big shot. He hit some fuck you 3s this series.

I'm just joking about how this place revolves around hot takes. The hate of Giannis or whoever else is people trying to be Skip or something.
He had an amazing season and he's only 24(?). If he JUST made more free throws, things could have been different, forget about the post and jump shot improvements that will come.

Kensuke

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Regular season MVP means less and less these days. Durant, Kawhi and Curry are clearly a step above Giannis and Harden still. For them, the regular season is just an annoying thing to get through.

Dec 23, 2017
Congrats to Milwaukee on a great season. Giannis knows where he needs to improve. They need a go to ball handler that can create his own shot and get to the line. That is what kept them out of the finals. They relied on their three point shooters and when it counted they couldn't make them. Interesting to see what happens in the finals and if Kawhi just up and leaves no matter what.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
Kawhi would be the best forward in the league if he could guard all five positions like Lebron.

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Rooting for Toronto but not expecting them to do much. Would loved to be surprised, though.

BlackFyre

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I consider it the most impressive win for the Raps during the regular season. It was a back to back game, without Kawhi and an away game and they dominated. HOWEVER, regular season games mean nothing in playoffs. Bucks were 3-1 against Raps in the regular season and they handled them easily in those games as well.

Yup, hope fans treat him with respect he deserves if he decides to bounce.

He is the greatest athlete to EVER play in Toronto! His addition allowed us to go to the finals. He will be remembered very fondly.

I really hope he stays but if he doesn't I will cherish his time in Toronto.

CrypticSlayer

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah Giannis is really young which gives him great potential to develop. The Bucks still made it to the ECF and I wouldn't downplay that.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Giannis looked unstoppable for 9 games. He also played well this series too but he just ran into a much better defensive team.

What the fuck is up with all the Giannis hate?
He is not the best player in the entire league so thus he is a bum ass bum.

NBA fans give the worst takes in general.

He got beaten by literally the best player in the entire league. If he doesn't get better in the next 2 years I think you can shit on the guy, but he is still raw as fuck.

Rocket Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That trash Cleveland squad swept the Raptors last playoffs lol.

Yeah obviously Kawhi makes a huge difference but still..

You think this year's Cavs + Lebron makes the finals in the East with Toronto, Milwaukee and Philly all having pretty damn good teams? What was the Lakers record this year vs playoff teams in the East this year?

Kensuke

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands

Great analysis on Draymond and the things that make him so damn good, while also pointing out some of his weaknesses. Hope he shows up again in the unstoppable he's been showing recently again.

Ether30

Alt account
Banned
May 23, 2019
All I'm saying is a terrible Cleveland team with LeBron made the east look embarrassing last season and the most embarrassed of them all was Raptors

EN1GMA

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
Hopefully Toronto takes it. Fanbase is easily the best of the Toronto bunch when taken as a whole (yes, there is overlap).

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
That trash Cleveland squad swept the Raptors last playoffs lol.

Yeah obviously Kawhi makes a huge difference but still..
You said it in your post Kawhi. Last year means jack shit when you replaced one of the biggest playoff frauds there is. They would also have to beat some of the lower East seeds, and none of them would be push overs. LeBron wasn't getting out of the East this year with that trash Cleveland squad.

All I'm saying is a terrible Cleveland team with LeBron made the east look embarrassing last season and the most embarrassed of them all was Raptors
And this point means absolutely nothing when the Raptors replaced the biggest playoff fraud in the NBA with a top 3 player in the NBA. Who has the capability of limiting or shutting down LeBron. This is how prime LeBron felt when Kawhi was subbed into the game.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
I'm just joking about how this place revolves around hot takes. The hate of Giannis or whoever else is people trying to be Skip or something.
He had an amazing season and he's only 24(?). If he JUST made more free throws, things could have been different, forget about the post and jump shot improvements that will come.

Yeah I feel ya. I'm excited to see his progression going forward. I really hope they can keep Brogdan.

Rocket Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The Lakers were 1-9 vs the Atlantic division this year and 12-18 overall vs the East. I doubt the Cavs would've been able to do much of anything this year even with Lebron.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017

Don't look into regular season games to try and project how a playoffs series will be played. Bucks fans just learned this the hard way..

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Don't look into regular season games to try and project how a playoffs series will be played. Bucks fans just learned this the hard way..
Again, for the billionth time. It's not about WINNING. I've said this three times already. It's about having a competitive series in response to people talking about sweeps and shit.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Again, for the billionth time. It's not about WINNING. I've said this three times already. It's about having a competitive series in response to people talking about sweeps and shit.
and again, that game you just posted means nothing. Trying to draw conclusions from that is the big mistake here.

floridaguy954

Oct 29, 2017

Damn, I still miss Kobe, my personal favorite.
moved:

no. Last year at HOU.
We'll see if they keep up the winning game 1 streak they're on.

as for the series, I see GS winning in 6 or less.
The way I see TOR winning is if the bench goes bonkers every game.
Or Curry straight disappears.

That's about it.

This is my post for the day.

I don't think TOR is getting swept of course.
but to your point POR gave GS real issues during the regular season WITH kd and...

Is Curry the only superstar that doesn't leave press conferences early when he loses?

like honest question.

Kawhi did it when he was high.
Giannis just did.

I can't think of anyone at the moment. AD?
I mean dang....
Honestly, I don't fault some of the players leaving the conferences when they want to (particularly in regards to Giannis). Who the fuck wants to talk to a room of reporters after you had your dreams crushed moments before?

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
and again, that game you just posted means nothing. Trying to draw conclusions from that is the big mistake here.
How does it mean nothing when we're a finals team? When we just beat the Bucks and Sixers. God almighty. Some of y'all must really hate the Raptors lmfao.

I mean, sure, anything can happen. They could sweep us in four straight blowouts, but personally, I don't think that's likely. And that game showed we were capable of hanging and decisively winning without Kawhi, even if it was the regular season. I mean, lots of teams beat the warriors but we were also on a b2b too.

And I think ppl just have this adverse bias against us because we're up north and because we choked against LeBron for years and choked away series' before that. So we're an easy team to look past or clown, I get it.

How everyone is treating the warriors is EXACTLY what everyone said about Phily and Milwaukee and it's happening again.

Last edited:

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
How does it mean nothing when we're a finals team? When we just beat the Bucks and Sixers. God almighty. Some of y'all must really hate the Raptors lmfao.

I mean, sure, anything can happen. They could sweep us in four straight blowouts, but personally, I don't think that's likely.

And I think ppl just have this adverse bias against us because we're up north and because we choked against LeBron for years and choked away series' before that. So we're an easy team to look past or clown, I get it.
Lakers beat GSW in the regular season

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Just because your team beats another team in the regular season doesn't mean shit in the postseason. Like it just does not matter in the slightest. It's completely irrelevant.
Lakers beat GSW in the regular season
This thread is the worst sometimes. It's like you have your minds made up on something and have no actual critical thinking or reading comprehension. Is this what no child left behind gave us? 👀

No shit, I don't think we're blowing them out without Kawhi on their home floor. I never fucking said that at all. And I never said we're winning this series or offer any real guess as to who will win, because no one really knows.

For the trillionth time. My point is that it'll be a competitive series. And it's about all you nba-era regular knowitalls completely discounting this raptor team every fucking round and being wrong! Every time!

Sixers and Bucks in 4 or 5 or 6 or 7, right? Jeeeeebus.

Last edited:

Kensuke

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
The Warriors defence has one of the biggest jumps in defensive rating ever recorded when comparing regular season vs. playoffs. They also use the deadly Curry/Green PnR a lot more. A guy like Iggy barely appears during the regular season and this year Green was injured or out of shape for most of it. Warriors are definitely a different beast during the playoffs, it's what they live for now. That regular season game is indeed barely relevant.

Lucky for Raptor fans, their team is not the same either and they do have homecourt advantage and no Durant to deal with. I'd say the teams are somewhat evenly matched, but I'd give Warriors the edge due to experience.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually rooting for the Raptors but some of you make it really hard to do so. Anubis is the only real one here it seems.

You'd think that after all these years some you would've learned the difference between a regular season game and a playoff matchup, but that doesn't to be the case.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually rooting for the Raptors but some of you make it really hard to do so. Anubis is the only real one here it seems.

You'd think that after all these years some you would've learned the difference between a regular season game and a playoff matchup, but that doesn't the case.
Raptors fans of all teams should know the regular season doesn't mean jack and shit when it comes to postseason. One finals trip in 27 years gotta Niggas acting new.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
Warriors in 6. Raptors don't have the personnel to guard the og warriors over the course of a series.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This thread is the worst sometimes. It's like you have your minds made up on something and have no actual critical thinking or reading comprehension. Is this what no child left behind gave us? 👀

No shit, I don't think we're blowing them out without Kawhi on their home floor. I never fucking said that at all. And I never said we're winning this series or offer any real guess as to who will win, because no one really knows.

For the trillionth time. My point is that it'll be a competitive series. And it's about all you nba-era regular knowitalls completely discounting this raptor team every fucking round and being wrong! Every time!

Sixers and Bucks in 4 or 5 or 6 or 7, right? Jeeeeebus.
Dunno who said that. Bucks v Raptors was always gonna be a toss up.

Deleted member 56595

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 8, 2019

You'd think that after all these years some you would've learned the difference between a regular season game and a playoff matchup, but that doesn't to be the case.

I think I pointed out several points in how this series is going to be a lot more competitive than everyone is leading on

Status
Not open for further replies.