• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who wins?

• Raptors

Votes: 245 41.8%
  • Warriors

Votes: 341 58.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Tony Parker is a great example of how great Pop was as a coach and Tim Duncan was a teammate.

Parker was entirely one dimensional, similar to a Ben Simmons, when he came into the league. He was fast as shit and had a 5-10 tear drop that was inconsistent. And yet the Spurs found a way to make him very effective and contribute pretty much from day one. And as I always say Tim Duncan was out there making stars because he would adapt his game to make the other players more effective.

Thats a pretty rare characteristic for stars in the NBA. I kind of have to give a similar compliment to Klay and Steph, who definitely changed their games and the amount of shots they would take to incorporate KD (not exactly making a star, but still shows a lot of character). Because those two boys have shown they can still get buckets even when surrounded by bums. But they sacrificed for the good of the team.

Thats just not something that most fans are going to appreciate. Wade and Bosh got shit on when their numbers went down even though they did it to accommodate LeBron and help their team win when in reality they should have praised from day one.

These guys just don't have the BBIQ.

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
RIP Tony Parker. I'll always remember how, in the peak Spurs' last few runs, he was a ball-stopper who hurt the Spurs' spacing and stole minutes from the superior Patty Mills. Pop absolutely threw that Clippers series and it is a travesty that bothers me to this day.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Increased my money on the Warriors.

Will be getting $1000 CAD if they pull off a miracle comeback.

Raps look shook, and I feel that the KD situation has lit a fire in the Warriors.

Momentum is firmly on GS's side right now.

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
Finals MVP seems super close. Steph is putting up an all-time offensive Finals while getting triple-teamed and doing all his Steph spacing stuff. Kawhi has been amazing as an individual scorer, but doesn't have nearly the same team-level impact (passing, spacing, movement). He definitely has an edge on Steph on defense, but he hasn't been near peak Kawhi on that end, so it's not as huge of an edge as you would think imo.

every athlete dies twice

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Increased my money on the Warriors.

Will be getting $1000 CAD if they pull off a miracle comeback.

Raps look shook, and I feel that the KD situation has lit a fire in the Warriors.

Momentum is firmly on GS's side right now.
Uhhh, I wouldn't say the Raps look shook. Kawhi the type of guy that doesn't let pressure get to him for the most part. I do think that if GSW win Game 6, it's anybody's game after that in Game 7.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Uhhh, I wouldn't say the Raps look shook. Kawhi the type of guy that doesn't let pressure get to him for the most part. I do think that if GSW win Game 6, it's anybody's game after that in Game 7.
If this is going to Game 7 then the Raps definitely ain't winning.

They'll be desperate after giving up such a series lead and play sloppy/rushed as a result.

Warriors gonna feast on that inexperience.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
AACI7Ru.img

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Its amazing that the Warriors have even won 2 games.

Every game the Raptors are getting much easier shots in their offense than the Warriors, who are having to life off a steady stream of contested threes from their two stars. For them to even win two games on this undermanned team is pretty remarkable.

Tornoto's weakness is that they are inconsistent offensively but I am generally going to pick the team with the best player in the world and the one that is getting better shots. Would be amazing if Warriors could face game 7.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
Nice of u to confirm ur bias and the fact that u rather misplace ur outrage on some dumb fans and not warriors organization or the fact that u downplay the fact that they realized their mistake and were chanting his name.
I've shit on the Warriors organization for this debacle as well my man, please settle down

Suburban Thug

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Midwest
Finals MVP seems super close. Steph is putting up an all-time offensive Finals while getting triple-teamed and doing all his Steph spacing stuff. Kawhi has been amazing as an individual scorer, but doesn't have nearly the same team-level impact (passing, spacing, movement). He definitely has an edge on Steph on defense, but he hasn't been near peak Kawhi on that end, so it's not as huge of an edge as you would think imo.

Leonard has the overall edge and it's not even close to me. Clearly the best player in this series and the playoffs as a whole. He's carrying a larger load, Curry still has two all-stars.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Pascal Siakam has single-handedly torpedoed the Raptors offense by refusing to cut/slash to the bucket more often.

Instead, this dude camps on the perimeter and shoots 3s that never seem to go in.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
Pascal Siakam has single-handedly torpedoed the Raptors offense by refusing the cut/slash to the bucket more often.

Instead, this dude camps on the perimeter and shoots 3s that never seem to go in.
Raptors can feast in the paint, I expect we'll see more of that from Siakam in Game 6 and more dishing down low to Gasol

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
Siakam and Lowry have been putting in 19 a game and 14 a game at like 50% and 40%, respectively. They have been very solid second options for Kawhi. Not to mention strong games from Gasol, Van Vleet, and even Ibaka.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Game 1 Siakam was magical; dude was so damn effective in the paint and was creating his own shots.

Either the Warriors have adjusted really well to his game, or the dude is being told not drive in the paint by Nurse.

Dec 23, 2017
RIP Tony Parker. I'll always remember how, in the peak Spurs' last few runs, he was a ball-stopper who hurt the Spurs' spacing and stole minutes from the superior Patty Mills. Pop absolutely threw that Clippers series and it is a travesty that bothers me to this day.
The problem with great and successful coaches is they can't see past what they have accomplished. They have their guys and they stick with them. They could have won't that first series against Lebron Heat. Ginobli played like crap but pop refused to sit him.

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The way the fans have reacted is remarkably similar. When the offense didn't pan out as expected fans lauded fell back on their elite defense and I always always heard "but I really don't wanna give up smart" even when discussing top tier players.

You need guys like Smart to win big so it's counter-intuitive to use him to trade for a star.

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
The concensus is Kawhi is surrounded by bums. That pretty much makes him MVP.
Kawhi's second best player is a guy named Fred Van Vleet

Counterpoint: the Raptors go 7 or 7.5 deep with NBA players, the Warriors have played Jonas Jerebko/Jordan Bell/Andrew Bogut/Alfonzo McKinnie/Quinn Cook a combined 300 minutes and a decrepit Shaun Livingston 82 minutes. The Raptors have six guys averaging double-digit PPG; the Warriors' fourth-leading scorer averages 7.6 PPG and cannot jump.

Given the injuries involved, I think Kawhi has been operating with a much better supporting cast. Not his fault, and he's been great and will be a deserving FMVP if the Raps win the series, but the Warriors have been putting a skeleton crew out there.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
I envy that Warriors' offense so much.

You can give the ball to either Klay or Steph and almost be guaranteed a good shot from 3, regardless of how many defenders are on them.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Game 1 Siakam was magical; dude was so damn effective in the paint and was creating his own shots.

Either the Warriors have adjusted really well to his game, or the dude is being told not drive in the paint by Nurse.
He was making some insane shots in that first game.

Thats not sustainable.

And the Warriors defense has not been great but they have ramped it up a bit as the series has gone on.

That said, the Raptors have wide open shots on every possession. They are just not making them consistently. Its pretty simple for how they can win. Make your shots. If you do you win. If you don't then the Warriors have a chance to win these games.

Pascal Siakiam is an IKEA Josh Howard lets be honest
Thats too much truth for a single post.

These guys can't handle it.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
The concensus is Kawhi is surrounded by bums. That pretty much makes him MVP.
The average NBA fan actually thinks this but this Raptors team has honestly been one of the deeper teams in recent Finals history. 6 players scoring in double figures is extremely impressive and for each of their wins they have had a player step up and score 20+ to help out Kawhi.

Dec 2, 2017
Pascal needs to step up. Dude plays like he is scared to shoot sometimes and scared to drive.
Pascal Siakam has single-handedly torpedoed the Raptors offense by refusing to cut/slash to the bucket more often.

I don't understand these takes. This was his shot chart in the last game:
faf2d76c-19e7-4184-9t5j8h.jpeg

He took 4 open corner threes, which is unquestionably a shot he should be taking. Every one of his 11 other shots were at the rim.

His problem isn't volume or shot selection, he's 100% playing within their offence. He's just been clanking a lot of bunnies. The Warriors have been playing him well, putting a body on him as soon as he gets the ball and sending help.

Even still, he shot 6-15 which isn't terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.