• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who wins?

• Raptors

Votes: 245 41.8%
  • Warriors

Votes: 341 58.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
also just gotta say it's been pretty fucking gross how the hot take media collectively unzipped its pants and started jerking off once kd tore his achilles

dudes like max kellerman couldn't wait to capitalize on a star player having a career altering injury for the sake of their takes

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
Max Kellerman is a fucking joke and anyone who has been watching boxing for any length of time prior to the last year knows this with certainty

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
How's your waving angle from that position? Will the injured player be able to see you waving?
Sure, in fact I caused every single one of those injuries from outside the arena! Didn't you know? 😉

Even the ones in Oakland. Especially the ones in Oakland. Klay getting hurt? That was actually me. I was just super fast so the camera didn't catch it.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone please understand that as long as you didn't karate chop Kevin's ankle yourself, all behavior is welcome and tolerated

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
Did Kellerman consciously turn himself into an idiot for ESPN branding purposes? It was a long time ago, but I remember him seeming like a sane/reasonable guy as host of Around The Horn.

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Max Kellerman is a fucking joke and anyone who has been watching boxing for any length of time prior to the last year knows this with certainty

it's everybody though, he's just one of the higher profile ones being on first take

everybody who had clear bias prior to the injury about kd or the warriors wasted no time leaning into their bias when he went down trying to swiftly capitalize on the takes that would come from the injury. probably the same people who would have had words if kd didn't play and they lost, kd didn't play and they won, kd did play and they lost, etc. these guys don't give a shit about basketball

it was expected but still

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sure, in fact I caused every single one of those injuries from outside the arena! Didn't you know? 😉

Even the ones in Oakland. Especially the ones in Oakland. Klay getting hurt? That was actually me. I was just super fast so the camera didn't catch it.

6LsBOzN.png

Oct 25, 2017
Kellerman's issue is that he gives off the impression that he doesn't even believes his own stupid takes so it comes off dumber cause we all know he's just saying this shit then he says some dumber shit to make up for the fact that nothing he says is believable.

The Zach Lowe podcast he showed up on last year was such a miserable listening experience cause he was just saying shit just to say shit. You could tell Lowe was done but didn't have in him to argue. Kellerman is a terrible "Hot take artist"

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Good to know you didn't directly cause it you just celebrated it and doubled down on it.
I mean, yeah, I did. I literally just said I caused it.

Anyway, I didn't whoop and holler and cheer like we won the game, but I'm not gonna lie here and say I'm perfect. I got caught up in the moment and waved along with everyone else because he was killing us and we also didn't know in that moment that it was a torn freaking achilles. No one in the crowd did watching outside. It's not like we're doctors and it's not like he pulled a George or Hayward out there. All we see is what SportsNet showed us. We're not watching ABC's feed out there. Also, he hurt himself. It's not like Ibaka chopblocked him. So we thought he reinjured his calf or did something similar to Klay. I/we thought he'd miss a game or the series and be healthy in a week or month and be good to go for FA or whatever. For all we know, he comes back like Pierce.

Once word started to slowly filter down through the crowd and online that he did possibly tear an achilles most people, including me, were honestly pretty sad about it. No one wants to see someone lose a prime year of their career over that. It sucks and I feel bad that he got pressured to play right before he hit FA.

Anyway, if you don't see a distinction there and still think I or we are monsters of the worst sort, that's fine. What's done is done. I explained my side of things. I know it's a bad look and I recognize that. But I'm honest enough to give you my view of things being there. 👍🤷‍♂️

Crumb

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, yeah, I did. I literally just said I caused it.

Anyway, I didn't whoop and holler and cheer like we won the game, but I'm not gonna lie here and say I'm perfect. I got caught up in the moment and waved along with everyone else because he was killing us and we also didn't know in that moment that it was a torn freaking achilles. No one in the crowd did watching outside. It's not like we're doctors and it's not like he pulled a George or Hayward out there. All we see is what SportsNet showed us. We're not watching ABC's feed out there. Also, he hurt himself. It's not like Ibaka chopblocked him. So we thought he reinjured his calf or did something similar to Klay. I/we thought he'd miss a game or the series and be healthy in a week or month and be good to go for FA or whatever. For all we know, he comes back like Pierce.

Once word started to slowly filter down through the crowd and online that he did possibly tear an achilles most people, including me, were honestly pretty sad about it. No one wants to see someone lose a prime year of their career over that. It sucks and I feel bad that he got pressured to play right before he hit FA.

Anyway, if you don't see a distinction there and still think I or we are monsters of the worst sort, that's fine. What's done is done. I explained my side of things. I know it's a bad look and I recognize that. But I'm honest enough to give you my view of things being there. 👍🤷‍♂️
Ku_bFkdE-Q-t4wLkg7La2Mg-qtA=.gif

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
Lmfao fine, I deserve it. Whatever. Save that energy for actual important things, brother. You are literally bullying me now.

This is a good start. Maybe stop saying I was watching on TV? You realize millions of people were watching on TV right? not to mention you posted the update "I waved" long after it was apparent he was done for the night and it was something serious.

Dec 2, 2017
You can only get so mad at Kellerman. It's a debate show & Stephen A is the star, so he gets first crack at which position he's going to take. Kellerman has to come up with an opposite angle that will get people talking.

Same with Shannon & Skip, his Kawhi Leonard hate boner is mostly a work, but he keeps it up no matter how many dumb hoops he has to jump through because it gets social media traction. Kellerman & Skip are good at what they do in that sense, nobody talks about what Buster from Arrested Development thinks on that show with Cris Carter.

Crumb

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lmfao fine, I deserve it. Whatever. Save that energy for actual important things, brother. You are literally bullying me now and that's not really cool on your part.
Way to rise above and keep it classy, brother. 👍
lectures in class from someone who waved goodbye to the injured player

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can only get so mad at Kellerman. It's a debate show & Stephen A is the star, so he gets first crack at which position he's going to take. Kellerman has to come up with an opposite angle that will get people talking.

Same with Shannon & Skip, his Kawhi Leonard hate boner is mostly a work, but he keeps it up no matter how many dumb hoops he has to jump through because it gets social media traction. Kellerman & Skip are good at what they do in that sense, nobody talks about what Buster from Arrested Development thinks on that show with Cris Carter.

it's just the swiftness with which they all unzipped their pants at a career altering injury to get their bullshit off

like I said it was expected but it'd be a lot nicer to be able to expect the take artists to pull back when something like this happens

Yung Coconut

Oct 31, 2017
lol at the Kellerman, Stephen A and Skip Bayless hate. We're sitting here bitching about them, making them more relevant and making sure money will get stuffed into their pockets for years to come. They're manufactured heels and we're the marks. Smarter than all of us and rich because of us. Top tier trolls dropping ridiculous hot takes because that's what we crave and that's where we've decided the money is. We'll never stop lapping it up either. It's all of the bad reality tv we can't get enough of injected into the sports we love. America.

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol at the Kellerman, Stephen A and Skip Bayless hate. We're sitting here bitching about them, making them more relevant and making sure money will get stuffed into their pockets for years to come. They're manufactured heels and we're the marks. Smarter than all of us and rich because of us. Top tier trolls dropping ridiculous hot takes because that's what we crave and that's where we've decided the money is. We'll never stop lapping it up either. It's all of the bad reality tv we can't get enough of injected into the sports we love. America.

bitching about ESPN take artists on a video game message board isn't making them more relevant lmao

Yung Coconut

Oct 31, 2017
bitching about ESPN take artists on a video game message board isn't making them more relevant lmao

It really is. Same thing is happening on Twitter, Reddit and every other basketball thread/forum/chat on the internet. It's good for the wallet to be talked about. No publicity is bad publicity for their job. They get paid because so many people react and discuss these guys non-stop. Why do you think they're the ones getting paid instead of Era NBA posters? lol

Crumb

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
when the raptors fans cheered that the man was in pain they only cheered because they thought he would be in pain for a few weeks, not a whole year

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
lectures in class from someone who waved goodbye to the injured player
Lol! I'm not lecturing you and I already said it was wrong of me to wave or whatever. I literally readily acknowledged that. It was a mistake. A dumb one. But if y'all wanna continue on with the toxicity in here with me, that's on you.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
This is a good start. Maybe stop saying I was watching on TV? You realize millions of people were watching on TV right? not to mention you posted the update "I waved" long after it was apparent he was done for the night and it was something serious.
Yes, I answered because someone asked me on here! And I'm not checking era like that watching the game, so I replied late. I was being honest that I did. I'm not a liar. I'm also not saying it was right. It sucks he got hurt at all. No fan was wishing for that.

Anyway, again, I see it was a clown move. And I deserve the mockery, for sure. Every fan that did it should feel the same. but there's limits when I already aplogozed and recognized it was a dumb move.

Yung Coconut

Oct 31, 2017
Lol! I'm not lecturing you and I already said it was wrong of me to wave or whatever. I literally readily acknowledged that. It was a mistake. A dumb one. But if y'all wanna continue on with the toxicity in here with me, that's on you.

I'm waving at you after having witnessed your feelings getting injured. *wave*

p.s. I was watching the game and from the limited camera view it looked like quite a few were wishing that.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
Yes, I answered because someone asked me on here! And I'm not checking era like that watching the game, so I replied late. I was being honest that I did. I'm not a liar. I'm also not saying it was right. It sucks he got hurt at all. No fan was wishing for that.

I'm saying PLENTY of time had passed. At that point common sense takes over to know the way he was carried off and the way lowry and others reacted towards the shit tier fans cheering, something serious happened.

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Their business is in getting talked about. It doesn't matter where. It all adds up.

this all just comes off like a stupid way to hand wave and deflect criticism of the biggest sports network on television and how they handle situations like this which is to immediately see dollar signs and unceremoniously unzip their pants and get to jerkin'

but yeah it's little ol' me posting in the basketball thread in the off topic section of a video game forum. never realized how much sway I had until now!

Status
Not open for further replies.