• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who wins?

• Raptors

Votes: 245 41.8%
  • Warriors

Votes: 341 58.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yung Coconut

Oct 31, 2017
this all just comes off like a stupid way to hand wave and deflect criticism of the biggest sports network on television and how they handle situations like this which is to immediately see dollar signs and unceremoniously unzip their pants and get to jerkin'

but yeah it's little ol' me posting in the basketball thread in the off topic section of a video game forum. never realized how much sway I had until now!

Not at all. I say stop watching them and stop talking about them. Playing into it, genuinely or not, is what makes ESPN money. It just gets lost in the sea of hot takes and helps their business grow. Unfortunately this is what the majority of people want and I don't see it going away anytime soon.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sources say Raptor fans cheered when Drago killed Apollo Creed.

update: turns out raptors fans were only cheering because they thought creed had suffered significant brain damage. they didn't know he had died.

Not at all. I say stop watching them and stop talking about them. Playing into it, genuinely or not, is what makes ESPN money. It just gets lost in the sea of hot takes and helps their business grow. Unfortunately this is what the majority of people want and I don't see it going away anytime soon.

I don't watch them

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
Raptors fans are facing the same thing all championship teams face. When a fanbase has been in the dark for so long, it's not surprising to see some cockroaches scurry about under the spotlight.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
Yeah in hindsight , you're totally right.

Nah, no one was cheering knowing he tore an achilles. You can think that, but that's not true on my part.

I don't think you thought that. I think you thought "hey my team is gonna win! I don't care if this player is significantly hurt or not."

edit- Do you not realize you're still defending the actions of yourself and the raptors fanbase? Do you honestly not see that?

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, I answered because someone asked me on here! And I'm not checking era like that watching the game, so I replied late. I was being honest that I did. I'm not a liar. I'm also not saying it was right. It sucks he got hurt at all. No fan was wishing for that.

Anyway, again, I see it was a clown move. And I deserve the mockery, for sure. Every fan that did it should feel the same. but there's limits when I already aplogozed and recognized it was a dumb move.
maybe, if you just said "I'm sorry, I fucked up. That was wrong of me and I'll try to do better next time" without following that with paragraphs of text giving excuses for your actions and then trying to get cute with the people that called you out, maybe then, people would be more sympathetic.

kylecoley182

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, I answered because someone asked me on here! And I'm not checking era like that watching the game, so I replied late. I was being honest that I did. I'm not a liar. I'm also not saying it was right. It sucks he got hurt at all. No fan was wishing for that.

Anyway, again, I see it was a clown move. And I deserve the mockery, for sure. Every fan that did it should feel the same. but there's limits when I already aplogozed and recognized it was a dumb move.
Was the movie holes based on your life

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
I don't think you thought that. I think you thought "hey my team is gonna win! I don't care if this player is significantly hurt or not."
For sure. It was the jawing with Fred, the great first half he had and the idea that his hubris in playing injured did him in. But if he pulled a Paul George or Hayward, no one would cheer or anything like that.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana

edit- Do you not realize you're still defending the actions of yourself and the raptors fanbase? Do you honestly not see that?
Not at all. It was wrong. And I see that. It was and is dumb. I'm answering why I did it and I'm being honest. Same as any Eagle fan that cheered Irvin getting hurt or anything like that. It's stupid.

I don't think I'm digging any holes here, because I'm just being truthful.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Oct 27, 2017
ESPN analysts right now are such jokes.

Has anyone seen Damon Jones and Ryan Hollins as NBA analysts? I mean wow they are bad.
Stephen A Smith is basically a character at this point who gets emotional about everything and anything.

Tim Legler is like the only good analyst they have.

I thought ESPN was losing viewers shit like this isn't helping.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
And the fans harassing the curry family or physically warriors fans are fucking imbeciles. It makes me sick to see that shit.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
maybe, if you just said "I'm sorry, I fucked up. That was wrong of me and I'll try to do better next time" without following that with paragraphs of text giving excuses for your actions and then trying to get cute with the people that called you out, maybe then, people would be more sympathetic.
Yeah, you're actually totally right. I see that. I was trying to defend stupidity on my part. And like said in my very first post, I do apologise to everyone for any hostile words the other day.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
No you continue to excuse it by saying "we were only awtching on tv, we didn't know it was an achilles, I celebrated long after I should've because I wasn't following the thread". You absolutely are digging a hole. I get what you're going for, but just suck it up. You were a dick and your fanbase was pretty despicable. Be better. Also for the record I'd have more sympathy if you weren't doubling and tripling down in the thread afterwards where you were being beyond insufferable.
For sure. The degree of severity doesn't matter. It's a bad look on my part and all our parts as fans. I/We deserve the ridicule 100%. You're right and I deserved the dog pile.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
My company is a part of an event next week where AD will be in attendance, let's see if I can get a scoop on where he wants to go.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
You can be the new and more reliable WOJ.

Please use our thread as a launching pad for your new career! Thanks.
I might have to consider a name change if that's the case... don't want to give the wrong impression.
Derrick Rose will also be in attendance so I might just wear my Bulls gear and convince them both to come to Chicago.

Status
Not open for further replies.