• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who wins?

• Raptors

Votes: 245 41.8%
  • Warriors

Votes: 341 58.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yung Coconut

Oct 31, 2017
Why do idiots do this? Can't people enjoy winning without resorting to trashing their own city or behaving like buffoons (eagle fans)?

Toronto and Philly must be sister cities or something. Desperate citizens that will take pleasure in everyone's misery so they can pretend to not be miserable for just a glorious moment in time.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Toronto and Philly must be sister cities or something. Desperate citizens that will take pleasure in everyone's misery so they can pretend to not be miserable for just a glorious moment in time.
From living in Eastern PA for ten years and Toronto for like 20, they are remarkably similar. Toronto and Philly fans are cut from the similar cloth. A Leaf cup win would rival that Eagles SB.

And I wish knew why people would destroy their own cities like that. I hate that destructive shit. Cheer in the streets, set off fireworks, chant all night. But leave property alone.

Maybe save that energy for a real ass protest about health care or education cuts

Dinobot

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I was born at the wrong time to be a Toronto sports fan lol. June 23rd, 1988.

Jays win the World Series in '92 and '93 and I have 0 memory of it, how the city was, the hype, etc. I lived in a suburb at the time (oakville).

Then they don't make the playoffs until 2015 and go to back to back ALCS's. Now they're hot garbage again, rebuilding poorly.

The Leafs, my biggest sports team love, haven't won since 1967. My mom was 6 years old. She's 57 now lol. 58 in July. It was the last year of the Original Six when the NHL was only 6 teams so to me, any championship before 1967 doesn't count. They haven't even been to the finals in that time lol.

The only championship feelings I've had are when Portugal won Euro 2016.

Raptors enter the league in 1995, are trash like most expansion teams should be, go to the playoffs with Carter from 2000-2002, then he leaves and the team is trash again except for two Bosh years in 2007 and 2008. Now we're in the golden era of basketball in the city and it'll likely peak in the coming week. Either we chip or don't. Either way I don't see us coming back here since this is a team of vets and Kawhi isn't enough (if he even stays).

If Raps don't win this year it'll just be the continuation of a long standing tradition of Toronto sports futility.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Tell him to become a Jazz
8GT1Tfy.png

It worked!

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
I was born at the wrong time to be a Toronto sports fan lol. June 23rd, 1988.

Jays win the World Series in '92 and '93 and I have 0 memory of it, how the city was, the hype, etc. I lived in a suburb at the time (oakville).

Then they don't make the playoffs until 2015 and go to back to back ALCS's. Now they're hot garbage again, rebuilding poorly.

The Leafs, my biggest sports team love, haven't won since 1967. My mom was 6 years old. She's 57 now lol. 58 in July. It was the last year of the Original Six when the NHL was only 6 teams so to me, any championship before 1967 doesn't count. They haven't even been to the finals in that time lol.

The only championship feelings I've had are when Portugal won Euro 2016.

Raptors enter the league in 1995, are trash like most expansion teams should be, go to the playoffs with Carter from 2000-2002, then he leaves and the team is trash again except for two Bosh years in 2007 and 2008. Now we're in the golden era of basketball in the city and it'll likely peak in the coming week. Either we chip or don't. Either way I don't see us coming back here since this is a team of vets and Kawhi isn't enough (if he even stays).

If Raps don't win this year it'll just be the continuation of a long standing tradition of Toronto sports futility.
Cry me a river. Try being a Boston/ NE fan. It's been months since their last title and I have to wait like 5 hours to see if the Bruins win the Stanley Cup tonight.

Sunny

Oct 25, 2017
I guess its easy to get sucked into a mob mentality, but damn, the only thoughts running through my mind were "i really hope thats not his Achilles" and "why are y'all clapping, the fuck?"

Status
Not open for further replies.