• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who wins?

• Raptors

Votes: 245 41.8%
  • Warriors

Votes: 341 58.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
At least they will have Gordon Hayward.

and they can still re-sign Terry Rozier to a max contract

kobe-laughing_1350060747.gif

Yung Coconut

Oct 31, 2017
Celtics gonna lose Kyrie AD Brown and Tatum in one year.

Yes please.

Yeah, but at least they have one more chance before it all falls apart in this scenario. It's happening either way, but might as well take a shot and make the Lakers and their "fans" agonize for another year just out of pure spite.

Maybe they even end up keeping players if it works out at all? Either way, lol at the Lakers.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I feel so bad for KD.

Even though I'm sure he was leaving the Warriors, it still sucks that those plans might be fucked for him. Leave or stay, I just hope he makes a speedy recovery and he's back destroying, be it with the Warriors or with another team. Dude is way too special for him not to be out there in the court.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
I feel so bad for KD.

Even though I'm sure he was leaving the Warriors, it still sucks that those plans might be fucked for him. Leave or stay, I just hope he makes a speedy recovery and he's back destroying, be it with the Warriors or with another team. Dude is way too special for him not to be out there in the court.
I kind of hope he stays now tbh, I think the Warriors would do right by him. He would not only have the time to heal properly and etc, but he also wouldn't have the pressure carry the team on his back like if he went to NY for example.

Yung Coconut

Oct 31, 2017
I kind of hope he stays now tbh, I think the Warriors would do right by him. He would not only have the time to heal properly and etc, but he also wouldn't have the pressure carry the team on his back like if he went to NY for example.

I hope he stays.

After the Finals are over I think they're going to have another medical staff purge in The Bay if anything said to the media has been true.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
Lonzo is in?!

We got ourselves a godfather offer fellas

The pies de resistance if you will

All but guarantees AD to the Lakers

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

Is this package worse than trade deadline?

Yes, but you are getting 30 less games of AD. This is why I kept cautioning people who insisted "that Lakers deal will be there in the summer". With all the turmoil in the Lakers front office the last few months, I think there's internal pressure from Jeanie and the Rambis' to not give up everything.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
Jaylen, Jayson, and whatever they can swing with their picks is a pretty good package too. If Tatum didn't regress this would've been an easy win for the celts.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I feel so bad for KD.

I think the injury ensures that the Warriors back up the Brinks truck to keep Durant. Unless he's got a Kawhi situation and has ill will against the Warriors' medical staff, of course.

Otherwise I think he stays with the Warriors.

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
Jaylen, Jayson, and whatever they can swing with their picks is a pretty good package too. If Tatum didn't regress this would've been an easy win for the celts.

Based on current offers, I think there's very little chance the Celts will give up both Jaylen and Jayson. If they put both on the table noone is touching that.

The sad part is I see basically no way Smart isn't part of this deal, and that really bums me out.

Crumb

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if ainge trades jaylen and jayson for AD without knowing that he will stay then he's getting chased out of Boston. I love the guy and think it would be the right move to go all in, but he'd be out of a job next year.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
if ainge trades jaylen and jayson for AD without knowing that he will stay then he's getting chased out of Boston. I love the guy and think it would be the right move to go all in, but he'd be out of a job next year.

I agree, but realistically let's say they miss out on AD. Where are they going forward? We're stuck with Haywards contract, Horford is older and slowly declining, Jaylen I love but he's more of a 3rd/4th option d and 3 type guy, and I don't see Tatum as one of those guys.

Boston isn't a market like New York or LA where these tier 1 FA seem to want to play unfortunately.

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I agree Smurfy.

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2017
What's up with younger players tearing their Achilles. I don't remember this happening to so many players in their prime.

Cousins
Mathews
Durant

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
I agree, but realistically let's say they miss out on AD. Where are they going forward? We're stuck with Haywards contract, Horford is older and slowly declining, Jaylen I love but he's more of a 3rd/4th option d and 3 type guy, and I don't see Tatum as one of those guys.

Boston isn't a market like New York or LA where these tier 1 FA seem to want to play unfortunately.
I can't think of the last good FA the Knicks aquired. Prior to LeBron the Lakers either.

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really have any sense of what the 4th pick can actually get you at this time of year, before the draft and FA, that would make sense for the Pels.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

Either wait a year or two and then soft rebuild after Horford is gone and Hayward is closer to expiring, the danger there is by that time you will have had to pay the young guys and may not have as much cap flexibility. A big part of their window was having guys like Jaylen, Jayson, Smart, Rozier, etc... on cheap deals and salary cap space to put stars around them, it's just that those stars ended up being Hayward and Kyrie.

The other option if Kyrie walks is to bring back Horford and use some of your secondary pieces and picks for a Holiday or Conley type.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'd like the idea of Darius Garland and Zion if I were the Pels.

Does Jae Crowder excite them? We'll trade him for #4

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I know this draft isn't particularly deep, but I have no idea why a team who is about to build around an 18 year old would rather have an established, expensive veteran player over the 4th pick in the draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.