• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who wins?

• Raptors

Votes: 245 41.8%
  • Warriors

Votes: 341 58.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I love Kuz, and I'd even hate to see Zo go, neither guy has the kind of ceiling that should cause any hang ups in trading them for AD. Kuz in particular would be a good 6th man/role player that a team built around AD and Bron could probably really use, but if he's gotta go he's gotta go.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
Right?

Might be ownership.

Also this is from Brad Turner's article

D845AZ9WkAA9NeV.jpg
Is this out of a romance novel?

Nov 2, 2017
Can't give up kuz, lonzo, Ingram and the 4th pick/player Jesus who you gonna get to fill out the roster? They'll be on tnt half the year but they ain't winning shit.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Question, if the Lakers get AD, don't they have enough cap room to go after Kyrie or Kemba?

If so, why wasn't this trade done yesterday. Pull the trigger.

Robdraggoo

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol, you trade Kuzma if you have to.

Keep Lonzo and give them Kuz
Why? So we can have 2 good years and then when contracts expire and LeBron retires we are left rebuilung the team again from the ground up for another 5 years. Don't want yo go through that again.
I think Kyle is the future of the franchise we might be able build around when the the big dogs leave. He's hot the most potential of our young guys

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Why? So we can have 2 good years and then when contracts expire and LeBron retires we are left rebuilung the team again from the ground up for another 5 years. Don't want yo go through that again.
I think Kyle is the future of the franchise we might be able build around when the the big dogs leave. He's hot the most potential of our young guys

Based on what?

I like Kuzma but there has been nothing to substantiate this with.

If putting him in the deal is what it takes to get AD, you do it without hesitation.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
Either wait a year or two and then soft rebuild after Horford is gone and Hayward is closer to expiring, the danger there is by that time you will have had to pay the young guys and may not have as much cap flexibility. A big part of their window was having guys like Jaylen, Jayson, Smart, Rozier, etc... on cheap deals and salary cap space to put stars around them, it's just that those stars ended up being Hayward and Kyrie.

The other option if Kyrie walks is to bring back Horford and use some of your secondary pieces and picks for a Holiday or Conley type.

I agree with all of this, but it's not enough. It's basically allowing yourself to be a bridge team for a while and hope jaylen or tatum massively improve, or you go all in for 1 year and pray you can change his mind. Honestly I'd rather go all in then linger around like the early 2000 pierce teams.

I can't think of the last good FA the Knicks aquired. Prior to LeBron the Lakers either.

I get that and that's often their own doing, but for whatever reason players want to play there. If they had competent ownership they'd have a leg up on everyone.

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
The west is open for business next season. Either you make moves to win it all or you let another team steal the moment.

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I truly think my warriors in 6 prediction would've come to fruition had KD played from the jump. Now warriors r gonna be extra motivated.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
In order I would rather keep Ball, Ingram and then Kuzma.

Kuzma is a fucking zero on defense. Its going to be really hard to keep him on the floor in the playoffs. Ball is the only one of them that can play playoff defense and he is afraid to shoot and is fragile so he is not perfect either, but he fits in more easily for a really good team trying to compete.

Ingram is better than Kuzma on defense but is still not that good. But I think he could be a productive player in the right situation. His biggest problem is he needs the ball on offense and he is just not consistent enough to get it over LeBron, AD or whoever the hell else we add this year.

We still need shooters too who can play defense and those guys don't grow on trees.

Be really interesting to see what team they put together for next year.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Obviously lol Lakers but, I...don't understand what the Pelicans are thinking here?

I thought at first Griffin and ownerships desire to compete right away around Zion was postering, but it seems like it's their actual intention. No idea why you wouldn't want as many bites at the apple to find a young, long term running mate for Zion as possible. Any vet/established player you trade for instead is either going to be over the hill or on another team by the time Zion is reaching his prime.

Crumb

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If the Celtics don't get AD I hope the Lakers have to give up Lonzo, Ingram, Kuzma, and the 4th. That'd be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.