• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who wins?

• Raptors

Votes: 245 41.8%
  • Warriors

Votes: 341 58.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
I thought at first Griffin and ownerships desire to compete right away around Zion was postering, but it seems like it's their actual intention. No idea why you wouldn't want as many bites at the apple to find a young, long term running mate for Zion as possible. Any vet/established player you trade for instead is either going to be over the hill or on another team by the time Zion is reaching his prime.
I hate to give him credit, but Bill Simmons did the whole are we sure David Griffin is a good GM thing when he left Cleveland and he very well may have been right. This is the exact same mistake they made with their last generational talent.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
I thought at first Griffin and ownerships desire to compete right away around Zion was postering, but it seems like it's their actual intention. No idea why you wouldn't want as many bites at the apple to find a young, long term running mate for Zion as possible. Any vet/established player you trade for instead is either going to be over the hill or on another team by the time Zion is reaching his prime.
yep. garland/jrue/ingram/zion/get anyone to play C
still got ball and maybe kuz off the bench?

that's a decent core.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
Literally anybody who wasn't Golden States Medical staff knew it was an Achilles injury. And those clowns are getting paid six figure salaries.
"Literally anybody"? We have been told multiple times that Raptors fans only thought it was a stubbed toe, or perhaps a sudden fart.

The notion that everyone knew his injury was likely serious, while accurate, does not comport with this narrative.

Please be careful with your words in the future.

Crumb

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Literally anybody"? We have been told multiple times that Raptors fans only thought it was a stubbed toe, or perhaps a sudden fart.

The notion that everyone knew his injury was likely serious, while accurate, does not comport with this narrative.

Real classy response.
Please do not bully him.

Dinobot

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Try not to make a sweeping generalization about Raptors fans in the future, thanks. Go back to my post history.

Nov 2, 2017
Can't imagine many peeps gonna be rocking LA Ingram jerseys after he's traded. Thrift stores, eBay, garage sales, closets, are about to be bombarded with more sad jerseys.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
With KD being injured and likely to opt-in, that makes the West wide open next season. If Klay leaves in free agency then the Warriors might struggle to make the playoffs if it's just Steph and Draymond.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
This was the bare minimum I expected them to have to give up tbh. I figured if they keep Hart and all their future picks then that's a huge win.

Giving up that much is tough, but the thing to remember is AD is really fucking young for a guy as accomplished and established as he is. If you can get him to re-up, and he continues playing at this level, you are set up to rebuild around him post-LeBron when he'll only be 29 (whether the Lakers front office is competent though to that is another story). It's not like you'd be giving up the future for a short term bet. AD is the present and the future for whoever trades for him.

Last edited:

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
They should be trading Jrue. His value will never be higher and he doesn't fit their timeline. Maybe this is an ownership directive(?) but if so that's not good.
that would make sense, zion is the franchise at this point build around him with other guys within at least 5 years of him. but yeah, you're right, stuff like that is always coming from ownership.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hart is a bum.

But Lakers would have max space still to use. I wouldn't want a max guy. I'd fill out the roster with non day one free agents. Dudes like Thad Young who can be had cheap the second week of July.

Just don't sign the damn meme team again.

Last edited:

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017

He might just not like the players being discussed in this draft. I think it makes some sense to bring in some veterans, but I has to be the right one and I don't know who that is for the 4th pick.

Personally (and as reported), I think he's got his eyes on Tatum and other things from the Celtics. It's easily the most valuable piece that's been discussed. Celts have been really leak-proof about potential trade pieces here, which I find pretty interesting.

I now think this goes down before draft day whereas I didn't before.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
Warriors are gonna be back to the OG squad but with an even older Iggy and Livingston and the same depth troubles they're having right now. The next two games are their time to shine, because things look murky beyond that.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Pretty much none of this is likely to happen.
Why is why I said IF. If Klay leaves and KD resigns then they are screwed because they will be over the cap (they have $111M committed next season, salary cap will likely be between $103-109M) and can only fill out the roster with one MLE and vet minimums. Do you think a starting lineup of Steph, Iggy, Draymond, McKinnie and whoever are going to make the playoffs in the West?

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Why is why I said IF. If Klay leaves and KD resigns then they are screwed because they will be over the cap (they have $111M committed next season, salary cap will likely be between $103-109M) and can only fill out the roster with one MLE and vet minimums. Do you think a starting lineup of Steph, Iggy, Draymond, McKinnie and whoever are going to make the playoffs in the West?
Klay is not leaving tho

Masseyme

Banned
May 23, 2019
Literally anybody who wasn't Golden States Medical staff knew it was an Achilles injury. And those clowns are getting paid six figure salaries.
They said immediately after the game it was an Achilles. If you are talking about the first time then its no way he could've even played last game if it was originally his Achilles. Read his IG posts, he clearly wanted to play and no one could force him if he didn't feel ready.

Kensuke

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
It was reported earlier, NOLA (and I think a lot of the teams in the league) don't like their young guys. They'd have to look for a third team as well to pitch in for something NOLA would like besides #3.

From what I read Barrett is really good and that it wouldn't be odd if he ends up better than Zion. I think Knicks with #3, Robinson and Knox is a good enough package. They'd trade away a good chunk of their future though, so they'd have to know they were getting other high profile free agents besides AD.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
You can say that but until he resigns it's a possibility.
I don't think you all are realizing how dire next season could be for the Warriors.
There is also a possibility of Margot Robbie. But it's not happening unless we're one of the few people left on Earth. This is just a pointless what if scenario, that's the 1 FA this summer that's essentially a done deal.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
There is also a possibility of Margot Robbie. But it's not happening unless we're one of the few people left on Earth. This is just a pointless what if scenario, that's the 1 FA this summer that's essentially a done deal.
I know you might have thought this was clever but one thing is clearly not like the other lol
Until Klay resigns it can still happen even if it is unlikely.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hart is a bum.

But Lakers would have max space still to use. I wouldn't want a max guy. I'd fill out the roster with non day one free agents. Dudes like Thad Young who can be had cheap the second week of July.

Just don't sign the damn meme team again.

I'm willing to give Hart the benefit of the doubt. Playing hurt all last year and being the backup PF is lulz.

I agree about the max slot though. Get dudes like Seth Curry, Danny Green (if we can pry him from the Raptors), and guys like that. Shooting, shooting, shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.