• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who wins?

• Raptors

Votes: 245 41.8%
  • Warriors

Votes: 341 58.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
My 2k season predicted KD being injured in the playoffs with a leg injury. So, following the scary accurate 2k prediction model, I can say with 100% certainty, that Klay will in fact sign with the Grizzlies this off season. 🤓

Oh, and Kyrie to the Clippers. KD went Nets I believe. 🤔

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The original injury would have to have been an Achilles strain I think, it can't even been a tear at that point, you can't be doing this 4 weeks after a tear

Nov 2, 2017
Sources are saying the Lakers are in advanced stages of negotiating and the hangup appears to be Jeanie Buss' reluctance in giving up her 4th pick....not in the draft but her wine cellar. Stay tuned.

Orbit

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
love how golden state keeps saying "we are shocked, thought it would just be a calf injury". the achilles is frickin the center piece of the calf muscle! they knew what they were risking.

Nov 2, 2017
Sources are saying what really sent Jeanie over the edge was when someone told her Magic didn't even own the movie theaters anymore. You shoulda seen her face

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
what difference does it make whether you go to 1 game or 20, that doesn't mean you're rooting for them...

So u would purchase Lakers season tickets and go to their games even if they r not playing Boston?

Also would wear Celtics gear to a Lakers game?

Masseyme

Banned
May 23, 2019
You think he tore his Achilles on a pivot only?
It tore on the push off. Look at that zoomed in view they were showing on ESPN. You can see it snap inside his leg on the pushoff, by the time it landed for the pivot it was already done.

I never saw him in crutches or in a boot so his lower leg was probably over compensating that whole month he was off and weakened it.

Suburban Thug

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Midwest
RIP KD

Looks like he will miss the entire year, probably won't be the same player again either. Should be elite but he's on the wrong side of 30. I wonder if he picks up his option to spend next year rehabbing on the Warriors dime before ditching them in FA.

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just don't think you can build a trade around Ball and Ingram considering their injury history. That's just too big of a risk for NO. Maybe they can find another team to take one or both of those question marks.

Swauny Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
RIP KD

Looks like he will miss the entire year, probably won't be the same player again either. Should be elite but he's on the wrong side of 30. I wonder if he picks up his option to spend next year rehabbing on the Warriors dime before ditching them in FA.

If I'm him I'm taking a max contract from whichever sucker is willing to pony it up while I rehab. It's too risky to wait out a year and hope for an offer next year which could be way less than he can get now.

Crumb

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just don't think you can build a trade around Ball and Ingram considering their injury history. That's just too big of a risk for NO. Maybe they can find another team to take one or both of those question marks.
Even if Ingram is going to return to form and not deal with blood clots, you want to be the team that maxes him at age 22 and hopes he makes the jump? He isn't the asset Lakers fans like to say he is.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A full year off seems a bit extreme. KD should be able to play by February of next year.

Now that doesn't guarantee he's going to be "old KD", but resting/rehabbing for longer than that likely isn't going to make that much of a difference.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A full year off seems a bit extreme. He should be able to play by January of next year.

Now that doesn't guarantee he's going to be "old KD", but resting/rehabbing for longer than that likely isn't going to make that much of a difference.

I don't know. Achilles injuries have the same rehabilitation time as ACLs. I would imagine he wouldn't want to rush it either.

Elfforkusu

Oct 25, 2017
Rushing somebody back from an Achilles tear is a good way to make sure that person will never fully recover

(Wherever KD is next year -- imo, probably golden state -- they should not be expecting him to suit up)

Oct 26, 2017
A full year off seems a bit extreme. KD should be able to play by February of next year.

The most recent example, DeMarcus Cousins, had taken 357 days before finally playing a basketball game (and there are guys before him who took less days). A full year isn't extreme. It just depends on the person's body.

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even if Ingram is going to return to form and not deal with blood clots, you want to be the team that maxes him at age 22 and hopes he makes the jump? He isn't the asset Lakers fans like to say he is.

Yeah, that's a good point. Ingram will get a max offer from some desperate team so New Orelans would have to be prepared to pay him 4/$120 or whatever restricted free agents get. Seems like a terrible idea. I'd still pull the trigger if Ingram was just one of many good pieces, though. But if it's Ingram, Ball, and #4, he's one with the best chance of making an All Star team. Not a good enough haul for a top 10 player.

I believe an ACL injury is worse.

It's not even close. Players come back from ACL tears all the time and are 99% of what they were pre-injury. No NBA player has come back even close to what he once was after blowing an achilles. See: Dominque, Kobe, Cousins, Gay.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, that's a good point. Ingram will get a max offer from some desperate team so New Orelans would have to be prepared to pay him 4/$120 or whatever restricted free agents get. Seems like a terrible idea. I'd still pull the trigger if Ingram was just one of many good pieces, though. But if it's Ingram, Ball, and #4, he's one with the best chance of making an All Star team. Not a good enough haul for a top 10 player.

If Ingram doesn't get suspended last year he's probably an All star.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

It's not even close. Players come back from ACL tears all the time and are 99% of what they were pre-injury. No NBA player has come back even close to what he once was after blowing an achilles. See: Dominque, Kobe, Cousins, Gay.

In terms of recovery time though, I meant an ACL tear can be more all over the place in terms of how long it takes to heal.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are you just making up numbers? Because you're way off.

Are you trying to make Gobert cry?

Quite a few athletes do come back from achilles tears after 7-8 months. Kobe Bryant did it and he was about 4 years older at that time IIRC. You can take a year off fully but I don't think it's really after a certain point going to make a big difference in how you can play, it is what it is.

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In terms of recovery time though, I meant an ACL tear can be more all over the place in terms of how long it takes to heal.

Players come back usually come back in less than a year from an ACL tear and are roughly back to full strength after 2 years. Players come back after roughly a year with an achilles tear and are back to full strength roughly never. In no world is blowing out your achilles preferable to tearing your ACL.

Elfforkusu

Oct 25, 2017
Coming back after 7-8 months isn't really "rushing it" though, that's pretty much the standard recovery time + an extra month or two tacked on.
It's rushing. 7-8 months is an incredibly optimistic timeline.

Quite a few athletes do come back from achilles tears after 7-8 months. Kobe Bryant did it and he was about 4 years older at that time IIRC. You can take a year off fully but I don't think it's really after a certain point going to make a big difference in how you can play, it is what it is.
Did Kobe come back from his Achilles injury?

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
Coming back after 7-8 months isn't really "rushing it" though, that's pretty much the standard recovery time + an extra month or two tacked on.
Boogie had surgery to repair his torn Achilles on January 31st 2018, he returned to the NBA January 18, 2019 and has been a shell of his former self. His lateral movement is NOTHING like it was before the injury

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Boogie had surgery to repair his torn achilles on January 31st 2018, he returned to the NBA January 18, 2019 and has been a shell of his former self. His lateral movement is NOTHING like it was before the injury

Yeah which kinda just shows the injury is what it is. You can rehab for a year and take a full year off, but really it is what it is.

You're not going to be that much better by resting an extra 2-3 months past the initial healing period which usually takes 6-8 months.

You will certainly though prevent the chances of reinjury by sitting out. I mean that's a given.

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah which kinda just shows the injury is what it is. You can rehab for a year and take a full year off, but really it is what it is.

You're not going to be that much better by resting an extra 2-3 months past the initial healing period which usually takes 6-8 months.

You will certainly though prevent the chances of reinjury by sitting out. I mean that's a given.

That's not necessarily correct. Yes, an achilles injury is pretty devastating, but the real story is on the player's 2nd year after the injury. If they cannot keep the same or similar performance levels, that's when you know they're finished.

I'm pretty optimistic about Durant's ability to maintain his performance levels considering he doesn't rely on athleticism as much as other players who were destroyed by this injury.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like how we're all doctors in here.

Not a doctor but I do know a hockey player that suffered an ACL tear one year (a bad one) and then the very next summer tore his achilles working out. Brutal.

Stay away from the stupid box jumping exercises, folks.

I have a friend who has achilles issues and his dumb ass gym trainer was trying to get him to do box jumps, I had to tell him to stop that immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.