• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who wins?

• Raptors

Votes: 245 41.8%
  • Warriors

Votes: 341 58.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 27, 2017
California
oh well
Kyrie helped get rid of Crowder and Ainge didn't have to give IT the max
Kyrie was washed in that bucks series though, needed that 2nd star to help him
Dudley to the rescue?

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
So people really dumping on KD posting a pic from his hospital bed after what could be a life altering operation. Like , what the heck did he do to some of you people?

Oct 27, 2017
I can't wait for all the Celtics inside drama once he does sign and leave. That stuff will leak fast. Both sides will probably trash each other.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait for the inevitable "Al Horford wasn't even that handsome" hit piece from the Boston media when Al opts out and leaves.

TTG

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Fuck it, AD to the Lakers, make it happen. I was gonna make a point about teams failing their way up, but I don't have it in me to watch another year of Lebron + MUD.

Also, I thought the Ball family defrauding Magic and co into taking Lonzo 2nd was incredible, but if he's one of the keys dealt for Anthony Davis... lol

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

1253.gif

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Knicks fans how y'all feeling right now

At this point it's whatever. KD tearing his Achilles fucked everything up, now we either overreach and max our Kemba and Harris or something OR we just sit back and keep building the "right way". At least in the second scenario we can suck enough for a lottery pick where 2 B tier "max" players make us good enough to make the playoff and and get bounced the first round.

Whatever, we didn't get Zion, we're not getting KD and Kyrie, what's another few years of misery given the last 20 years. Kyrie without KD I'd be wary of anyway so guess on that front it works out him going to theNets.

jey_16

Oct 28, 2017
If your the warriors, do you offer KD a max long term contract? With Steph, Klay and Dray on the books, that money could be used on another player that could actually play during the season but the bad PR would be a nightmare

It might be redundant if he takes up the player option

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
If your the warriors, do you offer KD a max long term contract? With Steph, Klay and Dray on the books, that money could be used on another player that could actually play during the season but the bad PR would be a nightmare

Once they resign Klay they will be maxed out. They just can't go and sign another big time guy since they are over the cap. In order to get someone good it's going to require a trade. They only really have two options. Resign KD short/long term or sign and trade KD.

Edit: One of the capologists can correct me on this one, but I'm pretty sure they can't sign anyone even if they let Klay walk. They don't have many options given big salaries already on the squad.

gully state

Oct 27, 2017

Even with KD off the books the warriors won't have enough cap space to add high caliber players. I say the best thing to do is to keep this era of players together for at least 3 more years and have all their salaries come off the books at similar times.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
I should dig up all those people insisting that NO should balk at the Lakers in season trade proposal because Boston would assuredly have the better offer this offseason

The_hypocrite

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Flyover State

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
I should dig up all those people insisting that NO should balk at the Lakers in season trade proposal because Boston would assuredly have the better offer this offseason

I don't know what you're getting at. They did wait, and it's not going to have cost them anything to do so. Noone knows what the Celtics are offering or might offer, but obviously the Pels have some interest.

This Kyrie thing is quite troubling for the Cs. We're in kind of uncharted territory right now in terms of influence between agents/the player side and the teams. I'm honestly not sure how to feel about it.

EDeadman94

User Requested Ban
Oct 29, 2017
Zo BI Zion...my god.

Zion is the real deal. So is Lamelo.

Darius Garland is going to be good.

Morant is going to be even better.

RJ is going to be really good. Especially in NYC.

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
With it looking like Kyrie to Brooklyn is definitely happening, who's going to offer Russell the Max?
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but the Nets can theoretically clear enough money to keep Dlo's cap hold, and sign Kyrie and another non-10 year max (Tobias Harris has been rumored recently). They would have to move Dinwiddie, Joe Harris, and maybe some other minor stuff but I believe that's possible. Whether that is wise is another story.

Status
Not open for further replies.