• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I think that trade was a salary dump actually, right? That move is not the problem. Anyway, I want to see Adams on a good team.

They traded short term money for long term money. They saved luxury tax by ditching Melo, but he had one year remaining. It's hard to believe they couldn't have found other ways to dump his salary. Shroder at that money is ridiculous. Guards like him are a dime a dozen. In the grand scheme, they are already way over the cap so yeah, it's not their biggest problem, but it's an indictment on the way they build that roster around Russ and PG. Like, find fucking shooters. You don't need Shroder, especially not at $15 million a year.

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
I think that trade was a salary dump actually, right? That move is not the problem. Anyway, I want to see Adams on a good team.
They took on even more long term bad money in Schroder and dumped a 1st round pick to boot. There was a huge opportunity cost there if you were willing to give up one of your only remaining tradable 1sts.

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
I wish I caught the shot of PG on the bench just before the game was over. He had that look on his face like "I made a huge mistake....."

I bet he regret not going to L.A. and playing beside Lebron instead. LOL
Yeah right, dude can shoot 3/16 and no one notices and say poor PG, with Lebron he'd get shit on for not scoring 30ppg and dragging Lebron down

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing how Westbrook is so insulated and sheltered from any criticism by the local fans/media in OKC, I can see why PG wanted to stay. They can get bounced in the first round year after year and people there still gonna treat him like a god just for resigning.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Both Harden and Westbrick were repairing the arena in their last games.

The difference is Harden came up clutch in the 4th and was an overall plus while Westbrick scored 1 point in the second half.

Can't believe the media handed the MVP to Westbrick for "muh trip dub".

TTG

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Meanwhile, this is another year without a GSW/OKC match up in the post KD move era. In a way, this is even funnier.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Dame is a better shooter and more efficient scorer, which is about the most important thing for a guy who is going to have the ball in his hands as often as those guys do. Neither is anything to write home about defensively. Dame has a better handle. Russ is a better....rebounder? And I imagine that could be because Dame doesn't leave his man early or have the coaching staff ask his bigs to box out for him so he could pad his stats. So, congrats to Russ I guess. I'd take Dame over Russ 10 times out of 10, without hesitation, and I imagine most teams in the league would to. It's sort of a silly comparison.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Westbrook is super overrated because of his personality and triple doubles. The stuff that's going on now was super predictable and the way the team is built makes it pretty much impossible to make improvements.

Playoff P with the 35% shooting for the series.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it slander if it's true?

3220.jpg

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think I'd take current John Wall with all of his injuries over Russell. At least John knows his strengths.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
Re OKC's future.

It's looking pretty bleak right now. They really need a new coach and an actual player development structure.

In practice they will probably just trade Schroeder, Morris and Roberson for Kevin Love or something dumb like that

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Re OKC's future.

It's looking pretty bleak right now. They really need a new coach and an actual player development structure.

In practice they will probably just trade Schroeder, Morris and Roberson for Kevin Love or something dumb like that

Let me make you a list of teams that would be interested in trading for Denis Schroeder:

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Re OKC's future.

The biggest issue is that they haven't really drafted well since they got Adams.

At this point, OKC should consider starting Dennis over Russ?
He has been even worse.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Russ
Durant
Harden
Ibaka
Jeff Green

That was one permutation, then the 2016 team. They were injured a couple of times, but the draft process in OKC has been second to none, not even the Warriors.
That hasn't been true in years.

PG really got 3 more years with this squad
PG wanted money and an environment that would shield him from major criticism.

Westbrook and Donovan(as well as Melo when he was on the team) are the ones getting killed.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Everything thought rondo stat pads, at least he's a leader and tries to get others involved. Russ just packs stats and sucks.

OKC needs to find a better PG. Adams and George will be wasted with Westbrook there

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
The biggest issue is that they haven't really drafted well since they got Adams.

He has been even worse.

That's not strictly true. They have given away a lot of recent draft picks which has Hurt, but a few years ago they were one game away from the D League Finals (Final D league season) featuring 3 thunder draft picks.

None of them played meaningful NBA minutes. Also the Last notable pick they made was Domantas Sabonis and he was 27th in BPM this season.

Talent development is just a joke there

Edit: Post Adams picks.

Alex Abrines, played meaningful minutes on a team one game away from the WCF. Had some personal issues which took him away from the team this year.

Mitch Mcgary

Got minutes his rookie season and was highly productive he was basically Kanter with passing ability. Year 2 he got shuffled out of the rotation, left to his own devices and as a known addict succumbed to his worst instincts.

Cameron Payne
Showed flashes his rookie year but basically sat for most of the first half of the season because Donovan wanted him to practice with the big club and then never played him. He looked good in the G league. Then he got hurt and hasn't been the same.

Year 2 he wasn't health and OKC had him in competition with Semaj Christian who was Awful. Another year of stunted development then traded to Chicago.

Domantis Sabonis
Is playing great for Indy

Terrance Ferguson.
Jury is still out. He barely touches the ball on offence, is part of a good team defense when others try, his body isn't fully NBA ready yet but he's looked solid this season.
That list reads more as developmental failure then draft failure to me

Edit: NinjaScooter

Bad contracts are always tradeable if the player is serviceable because there are usually worse contracts.

There is too much uncertainty now with there being a lot of PGs available who are better then Schroeder. Once Kyrie, Kemba, Clonley, Lowry, Holiday and possibly Teague find new homes we will see where someone like Schroeder fits.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Alright I get it you guys got me, Dame is more likable I admit it alright
He's more likable because he's simultaneously better at basketball and more humble. Every single advanced metric has Lillard over Westbrook. PER: 23.78 vs. 21.14. EWA: 18.0 vs. 13.3. VA: 541.3 vs. 398.0. Dame had 0 other All-Stars on his team, and Portland finished 53-29; Russ had Paul George (who is better than Westbrook, incidentally), and they managed 49-33. And, without Nurkic (the second-best player on Portland by every metric outside of scoring), Westbrook has led his team to a 1-3 start. He has been outplayed by Lillard in every single game this series. So, yeah, people are saying they'd rather have Dame because he's "likable."

tenor.gif

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
That's not strictly true. They have given away a lot of recent draft picks which has Hurt, but a few years ago they were one game away from the D League Finals (Final D league season) featuring 3 thunder draft picks.

None of them played meaningful NBA minutes. Also the Last notable pick they made was Domantas Sabonis and he was 27th in BPM this season.

Talent development is just a joke there

Edit: Post Adams picks.

Alex Abrines, played meaningful minutes on a team one game away from the WCF. Had some personal issues which took him away from the team this year.

Mitch Mcgary

Got minutes his rookie season and was highly productive he was basically Kanter with passing ability. Year 2 he got shuffled out of the rotation, left to his own devices and as a known addict succumbed to his worst instincts.

Cameron Payne
Showed flashes his rookie year but basically sat for most of the first half of the season because Donovan wanted him to practice with the big club and then never played him. He looked good in the G league. Then he got hurt and hasn't been the same.

Year 2 he wasn't health and OKC had him in competition with Semaj Christian who was Awful. Another year of stunted development then traded to Chicago.

Domantis Sabonis
Is playing great for Indy

Terrance Ferguson.
Jury is still out. He barely touches the ball on offence, is part of a good team defense when others try, his body isn't fully NBA ready yet but he's looked solid this season.

That list reads more as developmental failure then draft failure to me
OKC has had 8 1st round picks, including 3 lotto picks, over the last 7 years if we assume they shadow drafted Sabonis. They have 2 good rotation players, one maybe, and 5 non-NBA players to show for it. Also, none of their 2nds have hit during that span. That's not the worst draft record in the league, but it's also not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.