• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
2019 playoffs is just a transition to a new era.

8R5bv1X.jpg
it's time
Caboclo.jpg

yuraya

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't agree, I don't think he'll factor in much. Every shot Cousins shoots is a non Curry/Klay/KD shot, so the amount of value he can actually add to that offense is extremely limited.

And if he's playing the 5 instead of Draymond it gives their opponent an easy big man to match up against. The Jazz for example would be thrilled every second Boogie is on the court because that allows them to play their best lineups and not have to worry about a big man having to take on an incredibly tough perimeter matchup. For some teams of course Boogie's interior presence would cause issues, but imo he raises the Warriors floor, and hardly does anything for their ceiling in a playoff matchup.

You have to defend him tho. 1 on 1 he is still one of the best scoring big men in the game. And the more energy you exert defending him the less effective you will be on offense. Capela, Adams, Gobert, Jokic etc won't be at their best against the Warriors on offense. And if/when he takes over the game like he did against the Rockets a few weeks ago..then you'll have to start doubling him which makes Curry + Klay even more dangerous. It will be a nightmare and Cousins is actually thirsty for a ring + he needs to prove himself so someone gives him a good contract in the offseason. His defense is a liability but I still don't see any big guy scoring more consistently against GSW than I do seeing Cousins scoring consistently against them. At least not in the West.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
You have to defend him tho. 1 on 1 he is still one of the best scoring big men in the game. And the more energy you exert defending him the less effective you will be on offense. Capela, Adams, Gobert, Jokic etc won't be at their best against the Warriors on offense. And if/when he takes over the game like he did against the Rockets a few weeks ago..then you'll have to start doubling him which makes Curry + Klay even more dangerous. It will be a nightmare and Cousins is actually thirsty for a ring + he needs to prove himself so someone gives him a good contract in the offseason. His defense is a liability but I still don't see any big guy scoring more consistently against GSW than I do seeing Cousins scoring consistently against them. At least not in the West.
Not really. Warriors would actually be smart to limit Boogie against the Jazz for example, playing with smaller lineups against them has giving Rudy Gobert fits for a few seasons.

Warriors will win the title, but Boogie will have little impact unless they face the 76ers in the Finals.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I would take Gobert and Favors against Boogie any day, please take shots away from those other 3. And on the other end, the PnR would kill him.

If the Jazz somehow got past Houston then I'd want Boogie playing 48 minutes, and taking the most shots on the team.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
I don't want to see anyone blame us Pistons fans when Zaza snaps Giannis's shit. I don't want the dude, but it's who we have.

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
Bogut is back on the Warriors and arguably in better shape than he ever was when he originally played with them.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Luke is still getting canned, LeBron doesn't like him.

Luke and Palinka's job status is likely going to be left up to the new Pres.

Kings would have fired Joerger regardless. Vlade hated him. If you are going to fire the guy who had your team looking half decent for the first time in like 15 years, you better nail the replacement.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder who Pelinka has in mind to replace Magic. He seems like one of those types who wants to stack the front office with his buddies.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Luke and Palinka's job status is likely going to be left up to the new Pres.

Kings would have fired Joerger regardless. Vlade hated him. If you are going to fire the guy who had your team looking half decent for the first time in like 15 years, you better nail the replacement.

I don't think Pelinka's going anywhere. He's Kobe's guy, and Jeanie won't rock that boat. Luke was always toast barring a miracle.

TerminusFox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if GSW can match their 2017 playoff record?

Be nice if they could be the first team to sweep the whole Playoffs, Finals included

ZoSo006

Oct 25, 2017
Winnipeg
I figured Lakers fans (at least some of them) would be rooting for the Nets.
I'm very happy for how far Russell has come since the drama in Lakerland but I'm a tad more of an Embiid fan and realistically see the 76ers being capable on a deeper run than what Brooklyn could manage, as long as Embiid is healthy enough.

I'm going to have fun watching either way though.

Status
Not open for further replies.