• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
If I wanted to fix the supermax here is how I'd do it.

How you ask?
Introduce a franchise player payment.

NBA Allstar voting would change from the current free for all, to each team nominating one player on their roster to be added to the Allstar ballot.* These 15 players would be considered franchise players and would get a 10M bonus for the honour at the cost of not being able to be traded until after the All Star break. In adition there would be a first team all conference as selected by a panel of experts who would be added to the voting pool. These players would also get the bonus but it would be paid collectively via revenue sharing/the league.

In practice that would have 400M of the Cap (so almost 10 percent) to the leagues best players and keeping the Max contract from hurting small market teams.

It also rewards production in this situation an injury like Jon walls would cost Washington 40M less then it currently does while allowing the team to flexibly spend that money on a useful player.

Given some tweaking here is what this years Allstar voting rosters in the west would have looked like

First team Curry Harden George Durant Davis followed by team reps

Klay, Lebron, Harris, Heild, Booker, Lillard, Westbrook, Gobert, Jolic, Butler (Kat if traded) Paul, Holiday, Clonley, Dirk, Aldridge/Derozen.

No fan would begrudge those players getting paid and finding a 12 player rotation/team from that list via fan voting would be fun.

The other thing to do would be to institute a rule that said No trading Rookies. The smart teams in the NBA Essentially use rookie contracts to Launder basketball talent and beat the salary cap. Removing that possibility you spread talent slightly more evenly.

I have to digest this a bit but you want to pay Buddy Hield a 10 million bonus as a franchise player? Also lots of saltiness would happen if a team could only pick one (if none of their players were picked as a starter), especially if it were up to a team. Like could you imagine what would have happened on that KD/Westbrook/Harden team? Who the heck do the Knicks or Cavs send?

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
that klay contest on dame where the ball got deflected out of bounds was just insane, comes from the weak side, hops to get out of the restricted area, immediately gets good position and goes straight up on the contest and absorbs the contact instead of initiating it which could have potentially sent dame to the foul line

and it wasn't even conclusive that it went out on klay either, they just went with the call on the floor

that was a big time play

never mind all the cold blooded shots klay has hit to help put teams away

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
Klay is absolutely vital to GSW's success. Even when he's having an off-shooting night, he is always locked in defensively and he always gets the hardest guard match ups. He's one of the best 2-way SG's in the league. You can't replace that easily.

Crumb

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If I wanted to fix the supermax here is how I'd do it.

How you ask?
Introduce a franchise player payment.

NBA Allstar voting would change from the current free for all, to each team nominating one player on their roster to be added to the Allstar ballot.* These 15 players would be considered franchise players and would get a 10M bonus for the honour at the cost of not being able to be traded until after the All Star break. In adition there would be a first team all conference as selected by a panel of experts who would be added to the voting pool. These players would also get the bonus but it would be paid collectively via revenue sharing/the league.

In practice that would have 400M of the Cap (so almost 10 percent) to the leagues best players and keeping the Max contract from hurting small market teams.

It also rewards production in this situation an injury like Jon walls would cost Washington 40M less then it currently does while allowing the team to flexibly spend that money on a useful player.

Given some tweaking here is what this years Allstar voting rosters in the west would have looked like

First team Curry Harden George Durant Davis followed by team reps

Klay, Lebron, Harris, Heild, Booker, Lillard, Westbrook, Gobert, Jolic, Butler (Kat if traded) Paul, Holiday, Clonley, Dirk, Aldridge/Derozen.

No fan would begrudge those players getting paid and finding a 12 player rotation/team from that list via fan voting would be fun.

The other thing to do would be to institute a rule that said No trading Rookies. The smart teams in the NBA Essentially use rookie contracts to Launder basketball talent and beat the salary cap. Removing that possibility you spread talent slightly more evenly.
what in tarnation

Yung Coconut

Oct 31, 2017
I think ur severely underestimating the bucks. the length and reach of the bucks is going to count for something. Green on Giannis is a mismatch and I think if the bucks play good defense, they will rein the warriors back in.

Negatory, I think you're underestimating Green. Dray is straight up on Kawhi's level when it comes to defense, and of similar height, who has done just fine against Giannis. Definitely not a mismatch and the entire Dubs squad do beyond amazing on the defensive end as a group. Yes, even Curry. Green will have plenty of help. Bucks also don't have the experience to be ready for an offense and defense of this caliber over an entire series. Not just any series... The finals. These Bucks youths going to be like deer in headlights. Maybe if Giannis can download Lebron's experience and wisdom they might have a bit of a chance lol

But you guys keep on doubting. You've all been nailing those hot takes since game 5 against the Rockets LOL Me though? No reason to start doubting the Dubs now. They've made my hot takes look like pro takes up until this point.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I guess you only watched him with the Nuggets, but not the Sixers.
Was this supposed to be some sort of checkmate type post? Iggy was never a top-10 player, probably not even a top 25 player.
Klay has proven to be infinitely more valuable to the team's overall success, Iggy is more like the cherry on top.

Last edited:

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
I think ur severely underestimating the bucks. the length and reach of the bucks is going to count for something. Green on Giannis is a mismatch and I think if the bucks play good defense, they will rein the warriors back in.

I wouldn't call it a mismatch, although I will say Kawhi is probably a better on ball defender against Giannis than Draymond would be.

Difference here is that Kawhi has to shoulder the entire offensive weight for his team and also neutralize the MVP, whereas Draymond can lock in on Giannis entirely and not worry too much about creating on the other end. And warriors have a bunch of good-elite defenders who can switch onto Giannis as necessary. That's what makes the warriors so good.

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
Klay is an elite two-way player by the eye test but grades out as shockingly mediocre both by individual stats and adjusted on-off metrics. I hope he leaves because it's good data in a fascinating player-eval test case.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Official Loser Rankings of 2019 Playoffs
1. Boston Celtics - Best losers by far. Swept first round, blew out one of the 2 best teams in the playoffs in game one. Many teams try to lose this good, most fail.
2. Los Angeles Clippers - Strong losers. Took the Warriors to 7 and caused people make fun of the Lakers. Very strong performance.
3. Philadelphia 76ers. Mid tier losers. Had some solid wins, but lost to the Toronto Leonards on a last second 3. Bad lose.
4. Spot reserved for Toronto Raptors. Below average losers, going nowhere. Sad team.
5. Detroit Pistons. Strong men. We love them. VeePs
6. Brooklyn Nets. Bad team, very good losers. Jared Dudley is an LVP, one of the finest players I can think of.
Low tier losers - these teams are separated into a different tier because I don't want to do this anymore but I cannot leave the list half finished
7. San Antonio Spurs
8. Orlando Magic
9. Indiana Pacers
10. Denver Nuggets
11. Portland Trail Blazers
12. Utah Jazz
13. Oklahoma City Thunder
Lowest Tier
14. Houston Rockets - Pathetic losers. They boast of their losing record on Twitter to show that they lost the best, which actually proves that they lost the most.

As always, you are proving your high BBIQ (basketball IQ for the small ballers) and speaking facts.

Deleted member 9932

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Iggy used to brick shots and be hot trash in east playoffs. Every accolade he might get today and in the future is 'cause he has some incredible genes and played next to Steph.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
Pistons are awesome losers. Two good starters, and the best player could only play 2 games on one leg. Second year guy was the best looking player on the team. Swept by the Bucks? So. Highly talented, "67 win season" Boston won a single game against them.

Detroit makes losing look fucking good.

TerminusFox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Okay, so got a request. If you had to pick FIVE trivia/facts/stats would be the strongest argument for LBJ being a top 3 player, which would you pick? Using rings? Stats? Accolades? Which?

Crumb

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so got a request. If you had to pick FIVE trivia/facts/stats would be the strongest argument for LBJ being a top 3 player, which would you pick? Using rings? Stats? Accolades? Which?

Top 5 Lebron James Trivia For Strongest Argument For LBJ Being A Top 3 Player
Both St. Vincent-St.Mary and Oak Hill Academy are elite high school basketball programs. St. Mary beat Oak Hill during Lebron's senior year.​
Lebron skipped college and went straight to the NBA. Other NBA superstars that have done this are Kevin Garnett, Amere Stoudemire, Tracy McGrady, and Kobe Bryant.​
He scored more in his first NBA game than Kobe Bryant, Kevin Garnett, and Tracy McGrady, in their first game right out of high school.​
LeBron was so good he was featured in "Sports Illustrated". In high school, everybody knew that LeBron was going to be a star in the NBA.​
Lebron was drafted first by the Cleveland Cavaliers. Darko Milicic was trafted second by the Pistons. Carmelo Anthony was drafted third by the Nuggets.​

Booki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
Iggy used to brick shots and be hot trash in east playoffs. Every accolade he might get today and in the future is 'cause he has some incredible genes and played next to Steph.
That's all it takes. Dre is making the best of the situation he's in and he plays a key role. Nobody is gonna be bold enough to make a similar case for Harrison Barnes or Andrew Bogut.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

Penis size
Space Jam 2 is going to be fire
His middle name is Raymone
He smashes IG models
He's got that Gladiator quote tatted on his biceps.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Pistons are awesome losers. Two good starters, and the best player could only play 2 games on one leg. Second year guy was the best looking player on the team. Swept by the Bucks? So. Highly talented, "67 win season" Boston won a single game against them.

Detroit makes losing look fucking good.
we do it right 👍

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

LeBron has played for 3 teams. Cavs, Heat, and now Lakers. Kawhi has played for 2, Curry played for 1. 3 is bigger than 2 and 1, and that's just facts.

LeBron makes TV shows and movies. Kawhi is on a YouTube show as a side piece to Serge Ibaka.

LeBron has very big biceps. Curry and KD are frail humans. Kawhi has decent biceps, nice hands, could be hand model if we are being honest.

LeBron had a groin injury. I'm no expert but this is usually because someone has a big dick and it's difficult for the body to carry it. I think girth and length are very important to measure and LeBron is top 3 most definitely.

He called trump a Bum.

Booki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
Those Philly Iguodala teams weren't anything special in real life, but lemme tell you something about Iguodala in 2K.

Size like LeBron.
Handles like Kyrie.
Jumper like Curry.

He'd blow you out by 21+ and then lose in the first round to the Iso Joe Hawks. GOAT.

stersauce

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
san jose, ca
Official Loser Rankings of 2019 Playoffs
1. Boston Celtics - Best losers by far. Swept first round, blew out one of the 2 best teams in the playoffs in game one. Many teams try to lose this good, most fail.
2. Los Angeles Clippers - Strong losers. Took the Warriors to 7 and caused people make fun of the Lakers. Very strong performance.
3. Philadelphia 76ers. Mid tier losers. Had some solid wins, but lost to the Toronto Leonards on a last second 3. Bad lose.
4. Spot reserved for Toronto Raptors. Below average losers, going nowhere. Sad team.
5. Detroit Pistons. Strong men. We love them. VeePs
6. Brooklyn Nets. Bad team, very good losers. Jared Dudley is an LVP, one of the finest players I can think of.
Low tier losers - these teams are separated into a different tier because I don't want to do this anymore but I cannot leave the list half finished
7. San Antonio Spurs
8. Orlando Magic
9. Indiana Pacers
10. Denver Nuggets
11. Portland Trail Blazers
12. Utah Jazz
13. Oklahoma City Thunder
Lowest Tier
14. Houston Rockets - Pathetic losers. They boast of their losing record on Twitter to show that they lost the best, which actually proves that they lost the most.
you forgot to mention that the rockets got their twitter account suspended

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
1. Team records in the season before he left and after: Cleveland Cavaliers record in 2009-10: 61-21. Record in 2010-11: 19-63. Miami Heat record in 2013-14: 54-28. Record in 2014-15: 37-45. Cleveland Cavaliers record in 2017-18: 50-32. Record in 2018-19: 19-63.
2. 8 straight Finals appearances with two different teams (and two stints on a Cleveland team separated by four years with completely different personnel).
3. Led the Cleveland Cavaliers to their only championship trailing 1-3 in the series against the team with the greatest regular season record of all time.
4. Led the league in PER six times, trailing only Jordan, Kareem and Wilt for number of years leading the category. Also only trails those three players in number of years leading in win shares. His career PER average is second only to Jordan's and his career win shares will likely be second all-time behind Kareem when he retires.
5. Ummmm... MVP awards I guess? Tied for fourth all time with Wilt (each has 4), trails only Jordan, Russell and Kareem. Tied with three other players for second all time with three Finals MVPs (Jordan leads with six).

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
without of course. Giannis is a LeBron Caliber player. They needed KD to beat Lebron.
giphy.gif

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
Giannis ever gets a reliable jumper, he'll be a problem. Lebron went from a ~27-30 percent 3pt shooter to a respectable 37 or so shooter - even shot 40 percent one year.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Giannis ever gets a reliable jumper, he'll be a problem. Lebron went from a ~27-30 percent 3pt shooter to a respectable 37 or so shooter - even shot 40 percent one year.

I think it's bound to happen within a few seasons. It's obvious he's been putting work into it, and he's not scared to shoot 3s.

Dec 23, 2017
1. Team records in the season before he left and after: Cleveland Cavaliers record in 2009-10: 61-21. Record in 2010-11: 19-63. Miami Heat record in 2013-14: 54-28. Record in 2014-15: 37-45. Cleveland Cavaliers record in 2017-18: 50-32. Record in 2018-19: 19-63.
2. 8 straight Finals appearances with two different teams (and two stints on a Cleveland team separated by four years with completely different personnel).
3. Led the Cleveland Cavaliers to their only championship trailing 1-3 in the series against the team with the greatest regular season record of all time.
4. Led the league in PER six times, trailing only Jordan, Kareem and Wilt for number of years leading the category. Also only trails those three players in number of years leading in win shares. His career PER average is second only to Jordan's and his career win shares will likely be second all-time behind Kareem when he retires.
5. Ummmm... MVP awards I guess? Tied for fourth all time with Wilt (each has 4), trails only Jordan, Russell and Kareem. Tied with three other players for second all time with four Finals MVPs (Jordan leads with six).
Only person in a series EVER to lead both team in all major statistical categories. He did it on the biggest stage. I'm not sure there will ever be a player to do that again. Do you understand how dominant you have to be to pull that shit off?

Status
Not open for further replies.