• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

NBA Playoffs 2019: End of Lebrongelion | OT | Cus Crisis (Space Jam 2 Now Hiring, Apply Inside!)

Oct 25, 2017
Nah lose like this can made them wake up, close game lose could let them slip one more too relaxed game
I mean worse perception wise. How it's percieved by media and fans, blowing a lead like this is worse.

I wasn't speaking to their internal mindset, in terms of waking up or relaxing.
cause who the eff knows what's going on in the minds of GS players right now. If they can't get up for a playoff game lol

Oct 25, 2017
Warriors will definitely win the series, but playing extra (super physical) games isn't going to do them any favors as the playoffs go on.

It's probably moot if they just roll for the next 3 -- which they probably should -- but the only thing that's going to stop them is fatigue and attrition, and being taken to 6 or (god forbid) 7 by inferior teams is how you end up there

Ron Paul

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
no way clippers win the series.

Pre-start of the series, the Clipps were 1:100 to beat the Warriors.

"No one believes in the Clippers.

That much is apparent when viewing Los Angeles' odds to defeat the Warriors in the first round of the NBA playoffs at the SuperBook at Westgate Las Vegas, where they have the Clippers as an historic underdog.

The SuperBook gives the Clippers 100-1 odds to upset Golden State in their best-of-seven first-round series, which begins Saturday night. According to SportsOddsHistory.com , that makes the Clippers the biggest underdogs in an NBA playoff series in 30 years."

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/w...clippers-are-historic-underdogs-beat-warriors
Wonder what those odds are now. 1:20 maybe?

Oct 25, 2017
The Clippers have such a nice roster, Lou, Harrell, Shamet, Shai, Beverley. Their cap situation is also amazing. I really do hope they get a superstar this summer, they would be such a fun team to watch and we really need to see what Finals Balmer looks like.

The Clippers have such a nice roster, Lou, Harrell, Shamet, Shai, Beverley. Their cap situation is also amazing. I really do hope they get a superstar this summer, they would be such a fun team to watch and we really need to see what Finals Balmer looks like.
Yeah on paper that team with a star is nice, but I'm kinda loving their underdog status rn.

You can tell they have a lot to play for, and I'm worried they would lose that edge once they get a star but who knows.

Oct 25, 2017
That was fun but I'm not sure it'll matter. The Clippers have to continue playing out of their minds AND the Warriors have to continue making dumbass turnovers for the series to be interesting.
the latter will happen.

but yea of course LAC won't win the series.
what's funny is that even though GS had 22 TO, LAC had 19.

so that wasn't a huge discrepancy.

Nov 6, 2017
Yeah on paper that team with a star is nice, but I'm kinda loving their underdog status rn.

You can tell they have a lot to play for, and I'm worried they would lose that edge once they get a star but who knows.
The thing is that they will never win a title with the roster as currently constructed. This feeling of being an underdog and winning a playoff game vs the Warriors is nice but in no way will they win this series. They still need a star player or two to add on to be a real contender.

yuraya

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe how unlucky Cousins is. Last years injury cost him what like a 200million dollar contract? And if this one is as bad as they are saying then he is gonna lose a lot next year too. He and Isaiah are the two big recent examples of how important it is to get paid when you are at the top before an injury easily brings you down all the way to the bottom. Feel bad for both.

Ichi

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
I wasn’t a huge believer that the Rockets could stop the Warriors this year, but after tonight I’m starting to believe.
Anything but the Rockets. I'm still on GSW but I just hate Harden the flopper. Literally isn't a strategy but a cowardly exploitation that takes advantage of referee vision. I'd pay to have someone actually flagrant 2 foul Harden as he's about to flop. Seriously.

Oct 26, 2017
Jesus, in just a quarter and a half they completely self-destructed. I think Durant especially blew it. Too many turnovers, being fouled out and just bad decisions. Can't believe he let the Clippers get in his head.
He probably thought it was a wrap and stopped playing.

All year, he's played like if he wasn't the guy, he didn't want to shoot.

That period when Steph was out earlier in the season, and he had 3 fifty point games in a row, he was unstoppable and he knew it.