• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
They got outscored by more than 25
They scored 29 points more in the 4Q
Usually the team with the most points after 4quarters of regulation time wins the game.

Lol thanks for the insightful details.

They channelled their inner Toronto Raptors

Hahaha ok see this helps a little.

Ugh that sucks for him. First playoff appearance and he only gets to play one game :/

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
We'll probably never know but I have to wonder if Boogie came back too soon. An achillies injury for a guy his size/weight is devastating and sometimes those kinds of injuries cause your body to overcompensate and put additional strain on other muscles to make up for the weakness.

weebro

Banned
Nov 7, 2018
They channelled their inner Toronto Raptors

giphy.webp

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, the whole fear of the warriors just dropped like that. 😬😬 He was the whole build up coming into the post season. I feel so horrible for him, very sad. Hope he heals up

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Other than Cousins, I don't think the Warriors have much to worry about. Falling asleep at the wheel is nothing new for them. This loss should actually serve as a reminder to help them later on.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imma enjoy these next two days slandering the warriors

Twitter saying KD the tallest bitch made millionaire in America, big if true

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah itll be nice shitting on the warriors for a bit. Still probably gonna win the championship yet again so you gotta enjoy any struggle they have.

TerminusFox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Other than Cousins, I don't think the Warriors have much to worry about. Falling asleep at the wheel is nothing new for them. This loss should actually serve as a reminder to help them later on.
Last night's game should be all the confirmation they need that coasting during the regular season is an absolutely terrible idea.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
I was wondering why everyone was talking about the Warriors; I stopped paying attention to the score when they were up 20-something. Imagine my surprise this morning. That's fairly remarkable.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
on replay,

man, that klay missed 3.
wide open with 30 seconds left to go up 4.

oof. Never seen him hesitate before.

everybody with the huge choke.

Oct 27, 2017
San Francisco
If the reports of Cousins injury are correct and he suffered a significant tear of his quad, he is effictivly done as an all-star caliber player.

He won't be healthy by the start of next season and there is a good chance he won't play another game in his 20s. By the time he's ready to go he'll be a 30 year old ~280lb player who suffered 2 devastating injuries to the same leg.

Hope he overcomes this and becomes more then just a cautionary tale to players on their RFA extensions who want out of their situation before they take their first FA money.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Aren't there statistics where the Warriors were way more efficient without Cousins anyway? Although I guess you can find statistics to justify just about any narrative you want.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
Sucks about Cousins, but he's made 86 million in contract money. He's not going to be hurting, even if he now misses a huge payday. Health situation sucks, no doubt.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Cousins injury doesn't hurt the Warriors chances at all.

What kind of odds can I get for a warriors 20+ point win for game 3?

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I watched some other stuff after halftime and went to bed. Seems like last night was an incredible game.

Still absolutely no concern for the Warriors from me.

Robdraggoo

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omg please let the Clippers take this down. Boogies out and KDs on tilt. If there was ever a chance. Its now

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm super bummed about Cousins. This throws a massive wrench into his plans for next year. He wasn't incredible this year and now with this injury, I mean, who will want to take the chance?

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's a good point. Kobe got the same level of nonsense protection that Westbrook is getting, and anyone bringing up legitimate flaws got the exact same shit you said. ESPECIALLY when you bring up how Kobe isn't as clutch as people think. Or how Kobe looking angry when he defended guys somehow = he's such an "amazing" defender.

But yeah, Westbrook can't run an offense and is incredibly bad at getting looks for his teammates. Not to mention, Westbrook off the ball is a disastrous player.
Duncan, Jordan, and other greats got the same level of protection as well boohoo.

Kobe is the most clutch player of all time. As Larry Bird said, he rather have a player take a shot and miss it then pass the opportunity altogether.

Saying Kobe looks angry is our claim to saying he is a good defender is highly disingenuous. Kobe in his prime is one of the greatest one of one defenders of all time.

ViewtifulJC overcast

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't call him a shit defender, I'm just saying people blow Kobe's defensive accomplishments out of proportion. He's certainly a good defender (he was exceptional during the Shaq era), but people also have the tendency to award Kobe because of reputation as opposed to actual stats/actual defensive plays. Especially in the early 2010s. I'll start working my way down:

2010-2011's All-NBA Defensive First Team and 2011-2012's All-Nba Second Defensive Team were travesties, and it was the consensus that Kobe Bryant didn't deserve to get that as Tony Allen was a much better defender (higher steals, blocks, and was fundamentally sound in defensive sets, didn't gamble). Or better yet, Ron Artest was a much better defender than Kobe was in that year if you wanted someone from Kobe's own team. There are other players you could introduce into the conversation like Rondo, CP3, and Wade.

2009-2010's All-NBA Defensive First Team I would have easily taken Dwyane Wade on the first team over Kobe Bryant. Wade averaged 1.8 steals/pg and 1.1 blocks/pg, and had contributed 4.6 Defensive winshares compared to Kobe's 4, and 1.5 steals/pg and 0.3 blocks/pg. The only stat where the two were close were in defensive ratings per 100 possessions with Kobe having 104 to Wade's 103. That's why I'd take Wade on the first team over Kobe. So at the very least, that All-NBA First Team was undeserved and Kobe should have gotten All-NBA Defensive Second Team.

2006-2007, 2007-2008, and 2008-2009's All-NBA Defensive First Team were rather strange considering that Kobe had the tendency to take defensive plays off, and wasn't always 100% in like he was in the first half of the 2000s. I mean it says a lot when Phil Jackson came out and started writing the flaws with Kobe's defending going as far as to say that he was too flashy with the steals to the point of gambling for them, played sets horribly, played rotations horribly by leaving guys open, tended to be out of position on plays. His numbers in these years were relatively stable being around 1.8 steals/pg and around 0.5 blocks/pg. Defensive ratings also were in the mid-high 100s. IMO, this is when the whole reputation vote started. 2006-2007 I would have taken KG (personally the whole idea of positions taking priority in voting is stupid), 2007-2008 I would have taken CP3, and 2008-2009 Dwyane Wade. Regardless, I understand why he had First Team votes even if I disagree with some of them.

I'd argue that Kobe Bryant's defensive prowess was much more prominent during the Shaq Laker days, and after Shaq left, he wasn't the same defender. Now don't get me wrong, this isn't me saying "HAHAHA KOBE SHIT", I'm saying that Kobe peaked defensively during the Shaq era but was still a good defender for the rest of his career (hence why I really only bash the early 2010 selections with 2006-2009 being really iffy to me).

Again how is that different from other all time great defenders? People blow their pedigree out of proportion as well. Why don't you all a spade a spade?

Many players before him and after him will receive accolades and platitudes. This isn't something new. Having said that what remains true is that if you were to gauge his prime, he was and still is one of the best defenders for his position.

There is more to defense than steals and blocks btw.

LOL @ Rondo, Wade, etc being better defenders that year. I mean you seriously have to hate on Kobe to even mention those players.

You harping on steals and blocks really goes to show how very little you know about playing good defense. There is also help defense, man to man defense, etc. Defense is more intricate than you let on.

Finally, those of you who are criticizing Kobe in this regard will turn around and praise older Lebron or come to his rescue for his piss poor defense. I am not saying you in particular are doing this but it's no secret that Kobe is often held to double standards.

overcast

Status
Not open for further replies.