• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
And if the rest of the Raptors hit their season averages it's a blowout the other way, what's your point? Danny Green was the second best 3 pt shooter in the league this year, he can play a lot better too.

Do people seriously forget the Bucks only won 2 more games than the Raptors this year? It's not like the Raps are some scrub team.
Prior to Milwaukee securing home court and resting players Milwaukee had a historic point differential which is the best predictor of success. Milwaukee team is one of the most elite teams to ever play the game, so no they aren't playing scrubs but they are will prove they are clearly better than the Raptors. Middleton, Blesdoe, Mirotic can all play better. Bucks just have a just have a higher ceiling, but can still beat the Raptors whilst having a C+ game.

You are saying the Raptors were good too?

Yes but I'm also showing how unlikely it is to win when you perform as sub par as that. Bucks won't shoot as bad as that again.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Yes.

Because people are silly and think the Raps are scrubs who were going to roll over and die. They are a good team. They weren't going to fuck around and lose by 25.

My money is on the Bucks but it would not surprise me if this went 6 or even 7.
I'll concede that i think they're marginally better thanks to better depth. Really, a guy like Brogdon off the bench is a difference-maker and he was that tonight. Unless Ibaka/Norm/Fred randomly break out we're relying on the starters, or more directly, Kawhi. And Giannis is probably ahead of Kawhi too if we're comparing stars like that. But we still should've won that game tonight. And if we steal a game at their place, I'm confident we can hold it down on our home court. We need to take game 2

Marz

Oct 30, 2017
Too much invested at this point honestly lol. Been following this team for 6 years now and I have to see how it all ends, with a bang or a whimper (much more likely). After this season everything will be over and I can finally move on with my life.

6 years huh? Wow what an investment. I've been following the Jazz for 2 decades

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Prior to Milwaukee securing home court and resting players Milwaukee had a historic point differential which is the best predictor of success. Milwaukee team is one of the most elite teams to ever play the game, so no they aren't playing scrubs but they are will prove they are clearly better than the Raptors. Middleton, Blesdoe, Mirotic can all play better. Bucks just have a just have a higher ceiling, but can still beat the Raptors whilst having a C+ game.

Yes but I'm also showing how unlikely it is to win when you perform as sub par as that. Bucks won't shoot as bad as that again.
And I am trying to apply the same logic for the raps who shot worse.

Both of these teams are ranked top 5 in offense and defense. Only teams actually.

Marz

Oct 30, 2017
Too much invested at this point honestly lol. Been following this team for 6 years now and I have to see how it all ends, with a bang or a whimper (much more likely). After this season everything will be over and I can finally move on with my life.

6 years huh? Wow what an investment. I've been following the Jazz for 2 decades

offtopic

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Not really. It's just that I know this is legit the last year they actually have a shot at it. If they don't make it to the finals (and possibly even if they do) Kawhi is gone which leaves the team with an aging Lowry and Pascal Siakam. Everyone else is shit. The team is gonna have to be rebuilt from the ground up and they have no pieces to trade to even begin to do that which means they are gonna be mediocre to terrible for the next decade plus. If you can be a fan of a team when they are barely going .500 and just missing out on the playoffs year after year good for you, that's great. But I'm not that fan. I have better things to do then watch a team struggle to reach 8th place every year.
Did that as a fan of the warriors for 35 years. It was always fun and we always loved them even when they were terrible. Things can change and when they do it is far more satisfying knowing you were there the entire time (half my friends turned into Laker fans ugh).

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
6 years... so 2013ish? so you seriously weren't even here for any of the babock era (rip rob) and much of bryan colon jello bruhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh come on

i've been rooting for this team since literal day one. since BJ Armstrong, Jimmy king and Vincenzo Esposito. Since Zan Tabak, Mengke Bateer and Pape Sow and Garth Joseph and Carl English and Loren Woods and Roko Loko Ukic and I could go on and on and on. Like you don't know true suffering in the least hahhahahahahaahahahaha COME ON, FAN UP

Oct 25, 2017
Been a spurs fan and a Browns fan for over a decade for both-my life has been an emotional rollercoaster

But the Browns look really good next year but I will not believe the curse has been lifted until I mufuckin see it lifted

Dead Guy

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan, Canada

I'm at the ripe old age of 25.

6 years... so 2013ish? so you seriously weren't even here for any of the babock era (rip rob) and much of bryan colon jello bruhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh come on

i've been rooting for this team since literal day one. since BJ Armstrong, Jimmy king and Vincenzo Esposito. Since Zan Tabak, Mengke Bateer and Pape Sow and Garth Joseph and Carl English and Loren Woods and Roko Loko Ukic and I could go on and on and on. Like you don't know true suffering in the least hahhahahahahaahahahaha COME ON, FAN UP

I mean I casually watched them throughout the horrible barghani years but I never made an actual effort to follow the team until I was in college 7 years ago. I'm only 25 so while it seems like a short amount of time for a lot of you it's still been my whole adult life basically.

Like I said I have total respect for fans who can sit there and find enjoyment in mediocrity year after year but I've never been that person. If I don't get any fun out of something why would I continue to do it?

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
Prior to Milwaukee securing home court and resting players Milwaukee had a historic point differential which is the best predictor of success. Milwaukee team is one of the most elite teams to ever play the game

One of the most elite teams to ever play the game and only won 60 games? I really think you're overestimating how good they are. They are good, no doubt, but not one of the best teams in the history of the NBA. Come on. And need I remind you the team that WAS one of the best ever, the 73 win GS team didn't win the championship that year and in fact blew a 3-1 lead to lose to Cleveland.

During the first 2 round the percentages for the Raps and Bucks were nearly identical so let's not pretend they were far and away the better team so far these playoffs. They just had easier opponents.

1557950790-20190515-tor-mil.jpg

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
seeing full highlights 2nd time, did Looney bully the new great white hope Collins? .eyesmojojo
3 straight possessions he was giving it to him.

no offense to collins, but every show suddenly conspired Monday decided to talk about him like he's a big factor in the series
her?
Along with borderline HOF superstars Middleton, Bledsoe and Brogdon? How come nobody complains about Giannis' super team?
imagine a dog with those cats

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
So what happened to Ibaka? Just unplayable against the Bucks for some reason? It's not like Gasol was lighting it up with those bricks he was laying.

Gasol and Lopez both can play all they want this series because they won't be able to play at all in the Finals, whichever team makes it.

Oct 25, 2017
Are they the better team? That wasn't totally clear tonight.
Raptors fielded an 8 man rotation and played most of their starters 40+ minutes while the Bucks had an 9 man rotation and didn't play anyone more than 37 minutes like it's the regular season and they won.
They just have more guys they can play.
Especially if this team shoots normally when given open looks. Which we bricked a ton of tonight
Raptors shot 35% from 3. That pretty normal especially compared to the Bucks going 11/44 from 3.

rAndom

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Pacers life :(. I'm numb to it.

For what it's worth, despite everything the Pacers have been doing well and have stayed competitive for a very long time. If it's another team that suffered a lot of setbacks as the Pacers did, they'll probably stay irrelevant until now.

That pre-brawl Pacers had the highest chance of a winning a chip. Too bad a Piston fan ruined it.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

What the fuck am I reading? Are you trolling or what, because I can't tell.

I expect some fun hot takes, I don't know how this ^ came about.

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
What the fuck am I reading? Are you trolling or what, because I can't tell.

I expect some fun hot takes, I don't know how this ^ came about.
Are you gonna explain how my view is such a hot take.

1,314 seasons had by NBA teams since they expanded to an 82 game season in 1967-68. Only 77 of those have had 60 wins or more, and only 59 have had more than the Milwaukee Bucks' 60 this season. This puts their season in the 94th percentile all time.

Elite company,no?

Last edited:

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Are you gonna explain how my view is such a hot take.

1,314 seasons had by NBA teams since they expanded to an 82 game season in 1967-68. Only 77 of those have had 60 wins or more, and only 59 have had more than the Milwaukee Bucks' 60 this season. This puts their season in the 94th percentile all time.

Elite company,no?

You are out of your ever lovin mind if you think that is enough to call this Bucks team "One of the most elite teams to ever play". This Bucks team doesn't even crack the Top 10 best teams in the history of the NBA. Hell they don't even crack the Top 20 probably.

And I say that as someone wants the Bucks to win it all. You are out of your tree my man.

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
You are out of your ever lovin mind if you think that is enough to call this Bucks team "One of the most elite teams to ever play". This Bucks team doesn't even crack the Top 10 best teams in the history of the NBA. Hell they don't even crack the Top 20 probably.

And I say that as someone wants the Bucks to win it all. You are out of your tree my man.
Only 6% of teams seasons have resulted in better season than the Bucks. And only four individual seasons resulted in more blowouts than this season with the Buck's.

If I new how to properly use Basketball Reference I would be better able to illustrate this.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Only 6% of teams seasons have resulted in better season than the Bucks. And only four individual seasons resulted in more blowouts than this season with the Buck's.

If I new how to properly use Basketball Reference I would be better able to illustrate this.

Nah. Just nah. That does not make them one of the most elite teams of all time. Not even close lol

There are so many teams from NBA history that would fucking decimate this Bucks team. 90's bulls, late 80's Pistons, Bill Russel's Celtics, Larry Bird's Celtics, Showtime Lakers, the list goes on my man.

Last edited:

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
If the regular season mattered the 2015-2016 Warriors were the best team ever.

Don't mean a thing if you ain't got the rings.

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
Nah. Just nah. That does not make them one of the most elite teams of all time. Not even close lol

There are so many teams from NBA history that would fucking decimate this Bucks team.
Actually if you check out this article Bucks compare quite favourably. Where not talking about whether the Bucks would have beaten the teams you mentioned. I was demonstrating how great a season statically the Bucks have had.
Where the Warriors rank among the NBA's 50 greatest teams of all time

Last edited:

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Actually if you check out this article Bucks compare quite favourably. Where not talking about whether the Bucks would have beaten the teams you mentioned. I was demonstrating how great a season statically the Bucks have had.

You can quote stats at me all day long. I could not possibly care less.

They were not even the best team this SEASON! Let alone one of the best teams of all time. There is not a single solitary chance in hell you are gonna convince me this Bucks team is one of the best teams of all time. I have seen too much basketball and have seen too many of the highlights from the greatest players and teams of all time for that. The Bucks are a good team and they were one of the best teams in the league this season but they are not a generational team. They are not a once in a decade marvel. This Bucks team does not even crack the Top 10 and unless they win the championship this season they do not even crack the Top 20.

Once again I say this as someone who wants them to win it all. I picked them to beat the Raptors. But what you are doing right now trying to say they are one of the elite teams of all time is laughable.

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
You can quote stats at me all day long. I could not possibly care less.

They were not even the best team this SEASON! Let alone one of the best teams of all time. There is not a single solitary chance in hell you are gonna convince me this Bucks team is one of the best teams of all time. I have seen too much basketball and have seen too many of the highlights from the greatest players and teams of all time for that. The Bucks are a good team and they were one of the best teams in the league this season but they are not a generational team. They are not a once in a decade marvel. This Bucks team does not even crack the Top 10 and unless they win the championship this season they do not even crack the Top 20.

Once again I say this as someone who wants them to win it all. I picked them to beat the Raptors. But what you are doing right now trying to say they are one of the elite teams of all time is laughable.
Cool one of us comes with facts and figures the other comes with there opinion. Neither of us is changing their position. Good day to you.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Cool one of us comes with facts and figures the other comes with there opinion. Neither of us is changing their position. Good day to you.

"facts" lol You are using cherry picked statistics to back up your already established opinion.

The Warriors hold the record for most wins in a season. Does that make them the best team of all time? Of course it doesn't. They didn't even win the championship that year. Stats only mean so much and you are trying to make them mean everything.

Last edited:

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
Wait Lowry was the only person to make a field goal on the raptors in the 4th quarter. That can't be true can it.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If I were the Pelicans I'd trade AD to Knicks for 3rd pick + Knox. Zion + Barrett + Knox would be a really nice foundation to rebuild.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
MrTired has got to be Fultz in real life or something, no way someone can make such a dumb statement. 60 wins from the garbage East doesn't put you anywhere near the best teams ever during regular season, regardless of how many 🍒 picked stats you look at. They're middle of the pack tier 2 and I'm being very friendly. Hopefully he's a Bucks homer which is the only explanation for that baseless, asinine statement.

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
If the person you quoted check the article I link written by Kevin Pelton he would have seen Golden States 72-9 season was only the 25 best season of all time statistical.

Naturally, the 73-win Warriors are the highest-rated non-champions of all time. Actually, whether Golden State won or lost Game 7 of the Finals didn't affect the team's rating much, which seems fair given that few teams have gotten closer to a championship without winning it. Even before Cleveland's comeback from being down 3-1, however, the Warriors weren't nearly as dominant in the playoffs -- with Stephen Curry limited by an MCL sprain -- as they were during their historic regular season.

MrTired has got to be Fultz in real life or something, no way someone can make such a dumb statement. 60 wins from the garbage East doesn't put you anywhere near the best teams ever during regular season, regardless of how many 🍒 picked stats you look at. They're middle of the pack tier 2 and I'm being very friendly. Hopefully he's a Bucks homer which is the only explanation for that baseless, asinine statement.

Atleast have the decency to @ me when you talk about me.
So instead of disproving what I said with evidence you make snide comments and don't back up your opinion at all. Bravo.

Last edited:

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Wait Lowry was the only person to make a field goal on the raptors in the 4th quarter. That can't be true can it.
Imagine if this happened with Lebron or Steph and their team lost. Everyone would still be discussing how much of a fraud they are until the next game. Difference between a normal superstar and an ATG.

Kawhi seems to be in a strange place where he doesn't have the expectations but gets the accolades an ATG gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.