• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
He been clutch all playoff.. by law of average he bound to have stinker.. we can chill
I'm just calling it what is. If we reverse the roles, either of those 2 guys there would be memes already on twitter blasting them. He had 41 in 40 shots the previous game as well, which would be an L vs any legit contender.

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are you gonna explain how my view is such a hot take.

1,314 seasons had by NBA teams since they expanded to an 82 game season in 1967-68. Only 77 of those have had 60 wins or more, and only 59 have had more than the Milwaukee Bucks' 60 this season. This puts their season in the 94th percentile all time.

Elite company,no?

LETS GO BUCKS!

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
They didn't even win the championship that year. They were not even the best team that season let alone in the history the NBA. Number of wins doesn't mean dick if you don't get the ring.
I hate these best lists.

Most people here didn't see any basketball before the 90s. There have been a lot of great teams through the years. Even an old like me doesn't have a memory of basketball before 1983.

Regarding the Warriors, I agree you can't be considered the best team of the season when you lose in the Finals (making the Cavs the best team that year), but their ability to win 73 games was special and that is the record until proven otherwise.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I hate these best lists.

Most people here didn't see any basketball before the 90s. There have been a lot of great teams through the years. Even an old like me doesn't have a memory of basketball before 1983.

Regarding the Warriors, I agree you can't be considered the best team of the season when you lose in the Finals (making the Cavs the best team that year), but their ability to win 73 games was special and that is the record until proven otherwise.
Dont get me wrong the 73 game season is special. I don't think we will see that eclipsed for quite a while, but I am just saying that it doesn't make them the best team of all time.

Trying to call a team who didn't even get the ring the best team ever is just stupid in my opinion.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Dont get me wrong the 73 game season is special. I don't think we will see that eclipsed for quite a while, but I am just saying that it doesn't make them the best team of all time.

Trying to call a team who didn't even get the ring the best team ever is just stupid in my opinion.
Scientifcally the best team of all time was the 94-95 Lakers and the best player of all time was Cedric Ceballos, who most of you don't know this but averaged 20 points a game despite only playing 2 quarters. If he had played the usual 4 they would have gone undefeated.

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Scientifcally the best team of all time was the 94-95 Lakers and the best player of all time was Cedric Ceballos, who most of you don't know this but averaged 20 points a game despite only playing 2 quarters. If he had played the usual 4 they would have gone undefeated.
I mean you cant argue with science

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah we will just have to agree to disagree on that lol

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Imagine if this happened with Lebron or Steph and their team lost. Everyone would still be discussing how much of a fraud they are until the next game. Difference between a normal superstar and an ATG.

Kawhi seems to be in a strange place where he doesn't have the expectations but gets the accolades an ATG gets.

I think Steph is immune to this too, because (if KD is out there) KD would get the blame. If KD isn't there, then he still wouldn't get blamed much.

Lebron, KD, Harden, Westbrook would get destroyed.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
I think Steph is immune to this too, because (if KD is out there) KD would get the blame. If KD isn't there, then he still wouldn't get blamed much.

Lebron, KD, Harden, Westbrook would get destroyed.
You miss those before after playoff meme that Steph had in those rough stretch where he shooting like 30% for like 7 game in a row?

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
On one hand, Bud has some precedent for creating regular-season juggernauts that weren't quite as good as their win total. On the other hand, this Bucks team has probably gotten a little underrated all season compared to just how good they've been. They won 60 games while somehow still underperforming their point differential.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
All Bron was, was a poor man's Giannis. He's so washed up now, he can't even lead his team with triple singles this postseason.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
You miss those before after playoff meme that Steph had in those rough stretch where he shooting like 30% for like 7 game in a row?
Are people really acting like Steph wasn't getting clowned this postseason?

He got clowned, sure, but nowhere near the level as those other guys. Maybe that's just my perception, but the Curry defense force seems a lot more adamant than the Harden/Lebron/KD defense force. Heck, people are quick to explain it away with a potential injury.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lol Skip is really something when it comes to his Kawhi hate. Referring to him as No. 2. Yikes

Edit: He said he turned Kawhi in to a sympathetic figure. Lol

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
He got clowned, sure, but nowhere near the level as those other guys. Maybe that's just my perception, but the Curry defense force seems a lot more adamant than the Harden/Lebron/KD defense force. Heck, people are quick to explain it away with a potential injury.
He wasn't even called a top 5 player and people saying there would be no dynasty without KD. what rock have you been living under?

There were memes going on after game 3 until he won game 5. He's 28-1 in the last 29 games without KD and many analysists say he's clearly inferior and holding KD down during Clippers and Rockets series.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
"facts" lol You are using cherry picked statistics to back up your already established opinion.

The Warriors hold the record for most wins in a season. Does that make them the best team of all time? Of course it doesn't. They didn't even win the championship that year. Stats only mean so much and you are trying to make them mean everything.
I mean they were best team of all time until the last game of the season... lol
Shame, the Bucks will be the second best team ever that didn't win a ring.

Last edited:

offtopic

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
He wasn't even called a top 5 player and people saying there would be no dynasty without KD. what rock have you been living under?
Selective reading. In their defense though, they are just regurgitating what the 'influencers' in the media are feeding them. Last week I just had enough with this non-evidence based nonsense and will continue to argue that he is in the conversation for best player in the world and has been the last 4-5 years. He doesn't fit the traditional (read that as "OLD") optics for that title so doesn't get the respect he deserves. One of the below articles mentions that Westfraud and Harden MVP seasons were almost a backlash reaction to his supremacy the two before. Damn it we want our mvps and 'bests' to be someone sitting their with an intense, angry scowl on they face dribbling a divot into the floor before launching or charging toward the basket. Rack those counting stats.

Nice article in the Atlantic a couple days ago.
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/a...ephen-curry-revolutionized-basketball/589396/

Another by the New Yorker
https://www.newyorker.com/sports/sporting-scene/the-partly-obscured-brilliance-of-stephen-curry

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Max Kellerman out here put up number of how bad Kobe's and KD's umbers were in 4th quarter playoff games at time in defese of Kawhi. Damn he was prepared.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hot take: it will be a great finals, and any of the three teams can win.

But the Warriors probably will, on sheer experience if nothing else.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
Are we still discussing Curry vs Durant. Durant > individual talent but has less impact than Curry on GS. GS is better with Curry minus Durant than they would be with Durant minus Curry.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
If Draymond never cried in the parking lot asking KD to play with Steph because they need him KD wouldn't have come.

So most impactful player?

Draymond green.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
If Draymond never cried in the parking lot asking KD to play with Steph because they need him KD wouldn't have come.

So most impactful player?

Draymond green.

If Lebron doesn't beat them, Draymond doesn't cry in the parking lot and ask KD to play with Steph because they need him. Back to Lebron. Or we can trace it all the way back to Stern when he rigged that lottery so Cleveland would win it and pick Lebron, then rigged three more after the King left so they could get him back.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
that was the second of three years back to back to back where kareem went 30+ ppg with 16 rebounds and they weren't tracking blocks then but you gotta figure it's at least 3 per game

the man is the goat, is the general gist
He averaged 34 points 18 rebounds and 5 assists in that series they lost to the lakers. Gotta be mad about that

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
If Kyrie and Ray don't hit the shot LeBron is 1-8 in the Finals. Dumb ass Pop took out Duncan scared of a Bosh three and Bosh got the rebound thay led to the shot...

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
TheFatOne told me he isn't playing well coz it's not the Celtics. That's why. I hope it stays like that.
I know this is twenty years late, but Middleton goes into god mode every time he plays against the Celtics. He can be inconsistent normally, but never against the Celtics. Shit is bananas.
Hot take: it will be a great finals, and any of the three teams can win.

But the Warriors probably will, on sheer experience if nothing else.
I'm not convinced either east team wins more than a game against the Warriors. Especially the way Klay, Steph, and especially Draymond look right now.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm not convinced either east team wins more than a game against the Warriors. Especially the way Klay, Steph, and especially Draymond look right now.
I have a hunch that whatever teams wins the ECF will be 'clicking' by the time they get to the finals. And either team would be quite a wake up call after easily disposing of the Blazers. Also, Milwaukee would have home court.

If KD is healthy and both teams are operating at max capacity then we know who will win. But we haven't yet begun the "Warriors sweep Blazers without KD, but he returns for the finals and the 'flow' is off" Storyline. Which I am very much here for.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.