NBA-Playoffs-Logo.png

FQcLe0cXsAImFtU

FQcLfCLXsAMMz9U

FQcM-PhX0AUUoJI

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
play in was fun.
Still needs the rules adjusted.

but outside of Hornets playing like a summer league game, all the other games were great.
CHA was so bad...

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
scottie-barnes.jpg

Only one of the Top 3 rookies in the playoffs.

From the other thread:
1st Round:

East
Heat v Hawks: Heat in 4
Celtics v Nets: Nets in 7, Celtics in 6 if the Nets actually are dumb enough to play a Ben Simmons who's out of practice and potentially not even in game shape who has no chemistry with the team*
*This is also assuming Kyrie plays the entire series and doesn't get injured. Fuck Kyrie either way.
Bucks v Bulls: Bucks in 5
Raptors v 76ers: Raptors in 6*

*Raptors in 5 if we don't have our expected cold shooting night and/or Fred is healthy enough. If i'm betting on who outcoaches who, i'm betting on Nurse over Rivers every time.

West
Suns v Pelicans: Suns in 4*
*Assuming Zion isn't going to come out of nowhere because if he does...that would be very weird. Suns in 6 if he integrates without a hitch
Grizzlies v Timberwolves: Grizzlies in 5
Warriors v Nuggets: Nuggets in 7 (Warriors in 5 if Curry is back and isn't hobbled)
Jazz v Mavericks: Jazz in 4*

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
PG being out throws a very small wrench into things because suddenly it's entirely possible for the Pels to make the playoffs, but I don't expect they think they can get past the Suns anyway. I want to see what happens if the Pels somehow win Game 1.

Now we ask this, Era. Do they play Zion against the Suns?

Better yet, they sit him for the first game but then they actually win that game and suddenly even the title doesn't seem out of reach, let alone the series. Do they keep sitting him then?

These are the questions I leave for you, dear reader.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
ok

BYK over Celts
PHI over TOR
MIA over ATL
MIL over CHI

MEM over MIN
PHX over NOLA
GS over DEN
UTAH over DAL

rd 2
BYK over PHI
MIL over MIA

GS over MEM
PHX over UTAH

rd 3
MIL over BYK
GS over PHX

MIL over GS

Linkage76

Oct 27, 2017
Suns in 5
Grizzlies in 6
Warriors in 6
Jazz in 6 (if Doncic comes back then Mavs in 7)

Heat in 5
Celtics in 6
Bucks in 4
76ers in 6

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Heat
Celtics
Bucks
76ers

Pelicans
Timberwolves
Nuggets
Jazz

all chalk and no chalk. I really don't think any of the series in the east will be competitive at all and I think the west ones are interesting.

Heat end up winning it all in the end

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
Suns in 5
Grizz in 6
Warriors in 6
Jazz in 6

Suns in 5
Warriors in 7

Warriors in 6

East:

Heat in 6
Celtics in 6
Bucks in 5
Raptors in 6

Raptors in 5
Bucks in 7

Bucks in 6

---

Unless we get game 6 Klay in 4 finals games, Bucks in 5 over warriors.

SlayerSaint

Jan 6, 2019
Haven't really commented much in these threads but I'm a massive Pels fan and life as one has honestly been pretty depressing. The turnaround of this team was fantastic, was so hyped tonight. BI deserves this. Add Zion back + sign/trade for a 3&D wing + top 10 pick from the Lakers (may be used in said trade though) + continued development of Herb, Murphy, Alvarado, etc? This team is going to be nasty next year. Hope we can get one from the Suns.

I got a Suns/Bucks rematch this year, this time Suns in 7.

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
Heat
Celtics
Bucks
76ers

Pelicans
Timberwolves
Nuggets
Jazz

all chalk and no chalk. I really don't think any of the series in the east will be competitive at all and I think the west ones are interesting.

Heat end up winning it all in the end
You don't think Sixers and Raps will be competitive?

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
I have no predictions. With Clips out. I'm jumping on the Bucks bandwagon. Wouldn't be mad with Pels or 6ers or Hawks either.

I think Suns are gonna win it though, probably.

Who fucking knows though, lol.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
You don't think Sixers and Raps will be competitive?

I mean I know how the regular season went but I just think Embiid + Harden is too much for the Raptors where depth doesn't mean as much. Like the correct answer between Paul Reed vs Deandre Jordan is to just play neither. Maybe Harden is actually just washed idk but I think hes good enough to average a billion FT attempts to carry them through one playoff round even if I don't see them as title contenders

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I mean I know how the regular season went but I just think Embiid + Harden is too much for the Raptors where depth doesn't mean as much. Like the correct answer between Paul Reed vs Deandre Jordan is to just play neither.
You forget who's coaching the 76ers.

Also let's not forget that the regular season record vs. Philly was 3-1 with the Raptors missing at least one of their starters every game, with the last two having them missing OG and FVV. That is more important to the overall context of the series: They did that while banged up and everyone is available for Game 1.

Shirosaki

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So much underestimation of a Luka-less Mavs team going on in here!

*cries that Luka is injured currently*

Still think Mavs in 7

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
Not really. They're relevant, which they never have been

Saw a debate earlier on good ol r/nba about who the best Clipper ever is. The general response was Chris Paul but some pointed out that Paul George got the Clippers further than CP ever did.

Another question I leave to you, dear reader.

FreezerGeezer

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Alarm set for 3AM local to watch my wolves tomorrow. Hopefully KAT comes out with a showing after his disappointing performance in the play in game.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
East

Miami > Atl in 6. Trae will will them to two wins. Miami is too solid.

Boston > Nets in 7. Boston is too hot to lose this series, but they'll have their hands full no doubt.

Bucks > Bulls in 4. I'm sorry Bulls fans.

Phily > Raps in 7. I just don't see us beating an MVP level player 4 times out of 7. Then again, Harden choke factor. Then again, Doc Rivers choke factor. You never know.

West

Suns > Pels in 4. These fuckers are unstoppable.

Grizz > T Wolves in 5. Bev trolling will work once.

Warriors > Denver in 6. Joker will will the team to 2 wins. Assuming health for G State of course.

Jazz > Mavs in 5. Donc going down is absolutely terrible. Jazz have been ice cold but I can't fucking fathom a Luka-less Mavs doing much damage here.

And just for fun:

Heat > Phily
Bucks > Celtics

Suns > Jazz
Warriors > Grizz

Bucks > Heat
Suns > Warriors

Suns > Bucks

Empty Your Head

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 1, 2022
First off, happy to be here for this playoff thread!

Secondly, I hope to see the Bucks run it back this year. Would also love to see the Pels win it all. If only because of the sheer amount of Lakers and LeBron James slander the internet would have.

Lastly, Harden sucks and I feel bad for Embiid.

xfactor99

Oct 28, 2017
Haven't really commented much in these threads but I'm a massive Pels fan and life as one has honestly been pretty depressing. The turnaround of this team was fantastic, was so hyped tonight. BI deserves this. Add Zion back + sign/trade for a 3&D wing + top 10 pick from the Lakers (may be used in said trade though) + continued development of Herb, Murphy, Alvarado, etc? This team is going to be nasty next year. Hope we can get one from the Suns.

I got a Suns/Bucks rematch this year, this time Suns in 7.

IMO you guys don't need a wing anymore, as Ingram, Jones, and Murphy is a perfectly fine wing combination that gives you an assortment of skills and you don't want to block Jones and Murphy from playing time. I would target a real point guard, that would be a huge missing piece as McCollum is great but not a real point guard and Graham is neither a real point guard nor any good.

I agree with Chuck's analysis. In the halfcourt in close games in the playoffs, I doubt the ability of Butler and Herro to create good shots compared to the teams that they'll be facing. It's a valid criticism.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Playoffs!!! This might be one of the craziest playoffs I've watched personally. If the Suns don't just dominate, it's gonna be real interesting.

Oct 30, 2017
feel bad for cavs, raps fans spent half the season wondering if it'd be possible to catch them and now we're 5th and they're out of the playoffs entirely

raps in 7. i don't think embiid has the motor to carry them and there is not much evidence that harden will remember how to play basketball in his stead

SlayerSaint

Jan 6, 2019
IMO you guys don't need a wing anymore, as Ingram, Jones, and Murphy is a perfectly fine wing combination that gives you an assortment of skills and you don't want to block Jones and Murphy from playing time. I would target a real point guard, that would be a huge missing piece as McCollum is great but not a real point guard and Graham is neither a real point guard nor any good.

I agree with Chuck's analysis. In the halfcourt in close games in the playoffs, I doubt the ability of Butler and Herro to create good shots compared to the teams that they'll be facing. It's a valid criticism.

We were bottom 5 in shooting this year, really need another shooter around our main guys. Hopefully a bounce back year for BI's shooting too. I think we have enough guys to run an offense tbh, yeah neither are true PGs or anything but both CJ and BI can run the offense. We used Point Zion a lot in 2021 as well and he was successful. Getting a PG next to CJ also has the downside of likely making us worse defensively as it would exclude Herb and make CJ have to guard 2s instead of 1s.

MCee

Oct 28, 2017
Bay Area
My only prediction is I don't think Suns or Bucks will be in the finals. I hope to see Luka suit up and be a factor, and can't wait to see which version of the Warriors show up.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
This weekend should be a blast. 3 out of 4 games today and tomorrow at reasonable hours here in Europe. Can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.