• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kickz

Nov 3, 2017

GettyImages-1183286603-3.jpg

cHaotix

Oct 25, 2017
lots of anime in here today... Is Luka the Akira Sendoh of the NBA?
tumblr_mmq6bx1eB11qzdpr4o4_250.gifv

tumblr_mmq6bx1eB11qzdpr4o2_250.gifv

Ryouta Miyagi
tumblr_mm0xquUBiR1qzdpr4o1_r1_400.gifv

Dec 23, 2017
Too much overlap in the roles. You can't just put two stars together and think that they will be able to play off each other.
T-Mac is a much better and organic playmaker. It easily could have worked and people forget how good T-Mac was defensively. He only got on the court in Toronto because of his defense. They could have been very scary together.

Line X

Oct 26, 2017
As a fan of this team, I personally hope this so-called "protest" that was filed by them gets rejected. Yes, it was a bad call, but it was not the important factor. Actually it is a non-factor period. They and the local media have been barking up the wrong tree the whole time, it's flat out stupid.

Get over it and move along already.

MPrice

Alt account
Banned
Oct 18, 2019
T-Mac is a much better and organic playmaker. It easily could have worked and people forget how good T-Mac was defensively. He only got on the court in Toronto because of his defense. They could have been very scary together.

Kobe was a decent passer as well when he actually wanted to. They still play the exact same roles on offense and neither have shown any worth playing off the ball. Tmac and Yao or Shaq and Kobe are far better duos than Tmac + Kobe.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
I said a while back that Lonzo wouldn't be relevant in about a year and everyone laughed, especially twitter and zune users.

and now

People are going to regret slandering Lonzo when he racks up triple dubs with Zion.

I honestly think he'll finally get "good" around age 26-27 when he goes to a mediocre team with a great wing player.
He'll do 17/9 and guys will go, hey hey remember Lonzo, he's good now, and running the Off on a legit playoff team.
they'll lose in round 2-3 of the playoffs, and that'll be kinda it for him

so Jeff Teague

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017

weren't people here destroying him?

It's the pettiness of Harden blended with the nonsensical prose of Kyrie. It's like it was lab grown to annoy me.

Dude was on the court, during a live play own the end the action was at. Repeatedly. He is not immune because he gave his shoes to some kids a few minutes before.
this. anyone saying otherwise has a facebook account

surprised he didn't remonstrate more tbh...

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly think he'll finally get "good" around age 26-27 when he goes to a mediocre team with a great wing player.
He'll do 17/9 and guys will go, hey hey remember Lonzo, he's good now, and running the Off on a legit playoff team.
they'll lose in round 2-3 of the playoffs, and that'll be kinda it for him
Lonzo is not dropping 17 a game

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
Too much overlap in the roles. You can't just put two stars together and think that they will be able to play off each other.
They would have dominated and T Mac would have been better than Kobe. Kobe would have pushed T Mac because he was about the 10,000 hour rule to reach greatness..T Mac not so much.

"Tracy McGrady was 1,000 hours of practice," Van Gundy said. "He should be a Hall of Fame player. His talent was other-worldly. He was given a great leg up in the race against other players. He's as close as I've ever seen to someone with a perfect body and a good mind. I like a lot of things about Tracy McGrady. I just wish I could have changed his practice habits and his mentality."

Morey expressed a similar regret that McGrady didn't live up to his potential, suggesting that T-Mac was so talented it was easy for him to get by just being better than everyone else most of his career.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
22 alreADY?
eff, time to abort

actual answer he'll ahve a random season where he shoots 38% from 3, Like Rose. and hit couple layups on fastbreaks.
and be 27.
therefore, yes.
shooting well from 3 won't be enough. He would have to take 15+ shots per game since he is historically bad at getting to the FT line and no team in their right mind would let him do that.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017

pretty good episode of matt barnes and stephen jackson's podcast where they talk about their careers
matt barnes talking about interacting with kobe as an opponent then joining him; the 2015 clippers collapse
stephen jackson talking about his time on the spurs and how he believes tony parker was selfish

and, of course, the we believe team

El Toporo

Oct 25, 2017
Best thing you can hope for is that Lonzo plays out like Rubio. No shot, but still valuable.

Edit:
Comparing the two, it seems I was too optimistic for Lonzo.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
I mean Lonzo can still be a good role player, but he'll never be a decent scorer. And that was known before the draft, it's not a new take..

Oct 28, 2017
I hope James Harden ends his career being 1 point shy of all-time scoring. Then he can forever complain about the two points stolen from him.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
Tragic. It's crazy how Trae is averaging 29 and 8 on 61% TS and is looked at in this way, while luka is averaging 30 and 9 on 62% TS but is considered to be the savior of basketball.

I wish they could swap teams for a day so I can see if people would still try to have this narrative. Trae would be insane with the role players dallas has

Vs.

Status
Not open for further replies.