• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
ELKVlFEXYAAw3wC

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Again, what does any of that have to do with concerns over their ability to stay healthy, and their respective teams' title chances if they don't?
You tell me what you're getting at with the comparison? You keep bringing up Kawhi's injury history and AD's. Kawhi has won two titles while suffering from injuries. AD hasnt won anything yet with injuries.

efr

Banned
Jun 19, 2019
He's saying that it is funny/ironic/dumb that people always act like AD is made of glass while no one wants to acknowledge that Kawhi is on pace for sub 60 games.... what's hard to get about that.
The conversation before that was Lakers championships aspirations with injury riddled AD.
AD hasnt won anything, while being made of glass. Kawhi has won twice, while being made of glass.

Why is it funny?Kawhi isnt a good comparison. It's more like Boogie Cousins

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The conversation before that was Lakers championships aspirations with injury riddled AD.
AD hasnt won anything, while being made of glass. Kawhi has won twice, while being made of glass.

Kawhi was on the Spurs and the Raptors. The Spurs had Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobli, Tony Parker, a great supporting cast, and one of the best head coaches of all time.

He then went to a Raptors team that is literally still a title contender after he leaves.

AD was on a bad franchise for decades that's going to the lottery without him.

The only thing dumb is acting like they can't be compared in terms of talent level.

TiamatSword

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if "AD will leave the Lakers even if they win the championship" or "AD will leave the Lakers because the Hawks and the Knicks are just as attractive destinations" is the better take

efr

Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Kawhi was on the Spurs and the Raptors. The Spurs had Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobli, Tony Parker, a great supporting cast, and one of the best head coaches of all time.

He then went to a Raptors team that is literally still a title contender after he leaves.

AD was on a bad franchise for decades that's going to the lottery without him.

The only thing dumb is acting like they can't be compared in terms of talent level.
Ninjascooter never mentioned talent. He specifically compared their injuries and that its silly to NOT compare the two.

Kawhi has been Finals MVP twice and even beat Lebron and carried a team who never won a title to a title.

AD is on a team that didnt make the playoffs last year now. If they dont win the title, do you get to use the "bad franchise" excuse again? Or do you make an excuse because AD is injury prone? Kawhi manages to win while being injury prone. Again, I'm an AD guy. I dont get the comparison. One player is an established champion, who is constantly hurt, the other is a guy on the Lakers who is constantly hurt and hasnt won anything.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

what does that have to do with anything I said, which was simply that people act concerned over AD's injury history and how it could affect the Lakers championship aspirations this seasons, while the Clippers have the same issue with Kawhi Leonard, who to this point in the season has been hobbled by a degenerative knee injury and has already missee about 1/4 of his teams games. Again, what do prior Finals/playoffs successes have to do with each player and teams chances THIS season?

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Hey, does anybody remember the days where Jordan Clarkson was touted as a franchise player.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, does anybody remember the days where Jordan Clarkson was touted as a franchise player.
I don't think it ever got that far with him. At that point we just wanted him as our starting PG of the future. The season after that we drafted Russell, Randle came back from his broken leg, and it was Kobe's last, so the attention went to them.

One more win until the Lakers match the win total from that season.

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
He's still on the roster for now at least. There's no reason to dump his salary.

Kendall Marshall was trash even back then lol.
Yeah, I remember his first couple of games or so he was dishing out 10+ assists per game and thought that was amazing. What I didn't realize was that he was complete garbage at everything else and was a liability

I also thought Sessions was gonna take us over the hump when we got him lol

Last edited:

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Nice win! I fell asleep but it's always good to win in Portland.

For a long time that used to be the toughest place for the Lakers to get a W.

MPrice

Alt account
Banned
Oct 18, 2019
I'm not even a Lakers guy but the way people are obviously trying to talk an injury into reality for AD is weak as hell.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
A bunch of Pelicans fans on social media and reddit got real giddy tried to start that Day to Davis thing when it looked like AD might have gotten hurt during preseason and like the next day we learned about Zion's injury

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
So right now top MVP's in no order. It's tough this year.

Lebron - has AD
Doncic - has Porzingas
Giannis - Has Middleton
Harden - Has Westbrook
Kyrie - Has Dinwiddie

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Ninjascooter never mentioned talent. He specifically compared their injuries and that its silly to NOT compare the two.

Kawhi has been Finals MVP twice and even beat Lebron and carried a team who never won a title to a title.

AD is on a team that didnt make the playoffs last year now. If they dont win the title, do you get to use the "bad franchise" excuse again? Or do you make an excuse because AD is injury prone? Kawhi manages to win while being injury prone. Again, I'm an AD guy. I dont get the comparison. One player is an established champion, who is constantly hurt, the other is a guy on the Lakers who is constantly hurt and hasnt won anything.

I literally don't understand what you're trying to get at

Oct 26, 2017
California
zPxyW1g.jpg

You just hate to see that.
No you don't lol. Should have load managed his way to the Lakers, that idiot.

On a separate note: Last night, I counted at least 4 times that Kuz was either hit, shoved, or grabbed on a shot or layup attempt with no foul called. I'm not sure why he doesn't get any calls, but it's a bit ridiculous. I'm glad he didn't let it affect his game, but it's blatantly obvious, shot-altering contact, and needs to be addressed.

Also, I'm pretty sure there's a league wide mandate out that says that the refs absolutely must call an offensive foul on Dwight as soon as he enters the game. It's happened in the majority of games, it feels like.

Last edited:

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
If Kawhi is actually hurt for the season (giant ass assumption) I am glad he didn't come to Lakers.

Too early though. He could get better and the Lakers players could break down in April.

Its crazy how easy it looks for them so far though. I hope the coach keeps pushing them, especially on offense. We have to find ways to get the others involved when the action does not initiate from AD or Bron.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
The amount of shit some laker fans talk about Kawhi is amazing.

Like a lover spurned

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
On a separate note: Last night, I counted at least 4 times that Kuz was either hit, shoved, or grabbed on a shot or layup attempt with no foul called. I'm not sure why he doesn't get any calls, but it's a bit ridiculous. I'm glad he didn't let it affect his game, but it's blatantly obvious, shot-altering contact, and needs to be addressed.

Scrubs don't get calls. It's not right, but it's the way it goes.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
The amount of shit some laker fans talk about Kawhi is amazing.

Like a lover spurned
At my company the owners have tickets to every sporting event at Staples. They make it a tradition to give these away to the employees. They are incredible seats. I was fortunate enough to win a pair last year and see the Lakers beat the Mavs at home. Every single game they give them away in a raffle

This year guess how many Laker tickets have been available for raffle? 0

guess how many Clipper tickets? Every home game. No one here really cares about the Clippers, and I haven't heard anyone even mention Kawhi's name. Not in the papers; not in TV, not in the barbershop. The only time this year he got any attention was when load mangment is brought up.

The Clippers can real off 3 championship in a row, and I assure you no one here would really bat an eye. I think we were all just shocked that he would even try to come to the Clippers to move a barometer that can't be moved. It was a very poor marketing decision on his part, painted him for what we thought he was after he spurned the Spurs, and ditched Toronto.

Ask Chris Paul about trying to be anything here in LA as a Clipper.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
Amazing how it always goes to this. That wasn't my point at all.

It is amazing tho how no one cares about Clippers yet some of y'all keep bitching about Paul George and Kawhi tho.
We are all befuddled how they would come to a town where no matter what they do they will be the B team. It's just bizarre.

let's be clear this is not a Knicks Nets type of deal we have here in LA where there is a changing of the guard. Because of the history of the Lakers, that can never happen here.

during the last decade of Laker ineptitude, the Clippers didn't move an inch closer to the Lakers.

I'm not arguing with you, I'm just giving insight into the real LA.

Last edited:

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
At my company the owners have tickets to every sporting event at Staples. They make it a tradition to give these away to the employees. They are incredible seats. I was fortunate enough to win a pair last year and see the Lakers beat the Mavs at home. Every single game they give them away in a raffle

This year guess how many Laker tickets have been available for raffle? 0

guess how many Clipper tickets? Every home game. No one here really cares about the Clippers, and I haven't heard anyone even mention Kawhi's name. Not in the papers; not in TV, not in the barbershop. The only time this year he got any attention was when load mangment is brought up.

The Clippers can real off 3 championship in a row, and I assure you no one here would really bat an eye. I think we were all just shocked that he would even try to come to the Clippers to move a barometer that can't be moved. It was a very poor marketing decision on his part, painted him for what we thought he was after he spurned the Spurs, and ditched Toronto.

Ask Chris Paul about trying to be anything here in LA as a Clipper.
Why would anyone care how popular the team is

Status
Not open for further replies.