• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

2mu4nk.jpg

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

• Spurs medical staff diagnosed Kawhi with quadriceps tendinopathy (right leg)

• The misdiagnosis Kawhi's camp refers to is that Kawhi also had a contusion that led to hematoma in his right leg; this is important because there's the risk of myositis ossificans (basically trauma/inflammation leading to new bone growth)

• In his most recent playoff series, he seems to have patellar tendinopathy on his left knee; he played through the injury, but it bugged him in the summer and now
    • This was a compensatory injury that resulted BECAUSE he favored his left leg over his (at the time) injured/weakened right leg (basically it wasn't one game/one moment that caused it, but the whole season/playoff push)

• Different stages of tendinopathies are described

• Load management is important for Kawhi because he puts too much strain or "load" on his legs, his tendinopathy can worsen
    • Laker fans may be familiar with Josh Hart's season last year. He had tendinopathy in the summer league which worsened during the season.
    • Embiid is another example given. Its why he had to miss games in the Nets series, and its why he purposely lost weight this offseason

• Not having load management would be irresponsible and there's a high chance it would ruin Kawhi's health & career.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
At the Cs game, 7th game so far. Some good seats but I'm confused as hell. Tickets were super cheap for this game, they play the Cavs again on the 27th and those are going for a lot more.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
I've watched three Cavs games this year. It's hilarious to me that they blame the coach for how they play. Other than Tristan Thompson all I see is horrendous chucking.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Rockets literally protesting a bad call by the refs, and being told by the NBA you had plenty of time to win don't choke next time, just to choke 5 hours later is peak Rockets.

Status
Not open for further replies.