• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
yeah I think one of the big stories this year is that the non-LA tier of the West except the Dallas Lukas has underperformed relative to expectations almost across the board and the expected 2nd tier of the East has overperformed

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Laker city editions are fucking lazy but at least not as fugly as those pinstriped purple ones from last season.

Should have just brought back a variation of these:
kobe4.jpg

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
A ton of teams in the west are worse than people expected and it's wild. Last season the eighth seed won 48 games and so far this year we have two teams below .500 in. Even among the highter up teams there is clearly a gap.

rAndom

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It just shows you that Laker fans and media just overhyped their young core until they got shipped out. Ingram maybe is the most promising but even with his output they are still not winning much. Kuzma has missed some training camp so I will still wait for more games but right now he looks like a role player than a "third star".

Deleted member 15476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A bit of a shame, I though Lonzo will thrive in New Orleans with Zion. But even without Zion his performance has been inexcusable.

Oct 26, 2017
California
Not really worried about the Sixers or Celtics.

But I am very interested in seeing how the Lakers play against the Clippers (assuming they show up to play) and Bucks. The Raptors are a great test too because they really go all out on defense, but I am not sure they will show out as much for our rematch.

I definitely want to see how this team plays when our first and second options are taken away. Right now its just way too easy. Half of the game seems to be a parade to the basket for dunks for AD, Dwight, McGee, Bron, etc. I can't see us getting that many easy buckets in the playoffs.
The Lakers are 21-3 without a truly reliable third option. I'm really hoping Kuzma is able to get in a groove around the ASG at the latest. Bron and Brow have been able to get us by for the most part, but I remain convinced that a consistent 16 ppg or so scorer would unlock major benefits for the entire team.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
The Lakers are 21-3 without a truly reliable third option. I'm really hoping Kuzma is able to get in a groove around the ASG at the latest. Bron and Brow have been able to get us by for the most part, but I remain convinced that a consistent 16 ppg or so scorer would unlock major benefits for the entire team.
We need consistent scoring from the other guys so we can start becoming more dominant at home. If we keep this pace we are going to get a high seed and its the other guys that make your homecourt a tough place to get a win. Its your stars that can steal a game on the road.

But it is really early and we have not really had the whole team together yet. Hoping Avery comes back strong and we can figure out roles for him, Kuzma, Green and some bench guys.

I am impressed with Vogel so far so I think it will come.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
Hey, Pistons have won the last 4 of 5 or something, Pistons Girl is just fine. It's Tophat that needs help. Nobody wants to help a white guy from Utah, though, SMH at this display.

5b882df38905f222388b52b3

Last edited:

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Live by the 503, die by the 503 🤷🏻‍♂️
Lillard committed to staying in Portand

"They might switch up on me. That's business. That's basketball. But I will never switch up on the city. I don't want it easy. I'm drawn to the struggle. When I came here, we hadn't won a playoff series since 2000. You had so many injuries to franchise guys like Brandon Roy and Greg Oden over the years, and it's so tough to come back from that. Even going way back, you had All-Stars like Clyde Drexler and Bill Walton who didn't choose to end their careers as a Blazer.

"Well, I'm going to be that. I'm going to carry that. I'm going to bring a ring to this city or go down swinging."

That's loyalty. Respect to Dame. Hopefully, the Blazers, the fans, and the city treat him right.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
To bad there is no way for the Celtics to get Gobert or Turner. Size will catch up to them eventually. Promote 🌮

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Are New Orleans stupid for not entertaining Jrue Holiday trades? He's still a high quality player, but that team is going nowhere, the young players outside of Ingram (who they may or may not resign) aren't panning out, and this is probably a lost season. What do you want a 29 year old PG for? You telling me they can't extract something of value from a desperate would-be contender (Philly? Denver?) for the remaining 1.5 years of his contract? I know next summer's free agent class isn't all that great, so maybe they wait till the summer but his value may be higher now for a team looking to make a run.

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
Are New Orleans stupid for not entertaining Jrue Holiday trades? He's still a high quality player, but that team is going nowhere, the young players outside of Ingram (who they may or may not resign) aren't panning out, and this is probably a lost season. What do you want a 29 year old PG for? You telling me they can't extract something of value from a desperate would-be contender (Philly? Denver?) for the remaining 1.5 years of his contract? I know next summer's free agent class isn't all that great, so maybe they wait till the summer but his value may be higher now for a team looking to make a run.
Yep 100% agree. He'd be an amazing get for a team like Philly too.

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
I always thought they should have moved Jrue last summer instead of fighting for the eighth seed for #Won'tBowDown PR purposes

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
They want to win now. They should still be tanking but the moves they made this offseason showed they still want to compete. Heck, a lot of people had them making the playoffs this year, some in this thread even claimed they would beat the Lakers lol

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
So you want big baller running the point?

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
They want to win now. They should still be tanking but the moves they made this offseason showed they still want to compete. Heck, a lot of people had them making the playoffs this year, some in this thread even claimed they would beat the Lakers lol

They should have abandoned those plans once it became clear that Zion was hurt and Lonzo was crap.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
"They might switch up on me. That's business. That's basketball. But I will never switch up on the city. I don't want it easy. I'm drawn to the struggle. When I came here, we hadn't won a playoff series since 2000. You had so many injuries to franchise guys like Brandon Roy and Greg Oden over the years, and it's so tough to come back from that. Even going way back, you had All-Stars like Clyde Drexler and Bill Walton who didn't choose to end their careers as a Blazer.

"Well, I'm going to be that. I'm going to carry that. I'm going to bring a ring to this city or go down swinging."

That's loyalty. Respect to Dame. Hopefully, the Blazers, the fans, and the city treat him right.
Well see in year 3 of the contract and continuous losing if that holds. I guarantee this, mark this post!!!! He will demand a trade when he hears they are shopping him around. I promise this.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017

I'd be loyal to 4/196 million 🤷‍♂️

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So Trade season opens up in a few days, who's on the trade block and who's buying? Kevin Love can't be stuck in Cleveland forever. Jazz and blazers gotta make some moves. Bertans is shooting 42% from 3 on an expiring for the wizards. JJ and Jrue need a place they can win. Where is Iggy gonna go?

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I think Mavs make a move for Iggy.

I doubt it moves the needle in cementing them as a legit contender, but I can see the mavs trying to make win-now moves with Luka having already arrived.

Status
Not open for further replies.