• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Lakers guard rotation gotta be one of the worst in the league for >.500 squads

either rondo or Avery Bradley getting 20 mins a night 😰😰😰

we gotta make the call

99ff7aea9779a728b6a5be5499a159cfbaccd149_hq.jpg

MPrice

Alt account
Banned
Oct 18, 2019
He was consistently great before he even got to the NBA. I said if you were building a franchise right now, he's who you would take at the very least at #2. Who would you take if you had either the first or second pick?
Euro-ball has never really meant anything in the NBA. I don't particularly find the who you would draft today questions to be meaningful either, but if I was assembling a squad to win this year then there would be a handful of names before Luka who I already listed.

I don't want to sound like I'm shitting on the guy. He's 20 years old in his second NBA season, its perfectly fine and normal for there to be others who are better or are more established. Let the young man flourish.

Oct 28, 2017
Euro-ball has never really meant anything in the NBA. I don't particularly find the who you would draft today questions to be meaningful either, but if I was assembling a squad to win this year then there would be a handful of names before Luka who I already listed.

I don't want to sound like I'm shitting on the guy. He's 20 years old in his second NBA season, its perfectly fine and normal for there to be others who are better or are more established. Let the young man flourish.
People not valuing the Euro-league is exactly why the Kings, Suns and Hawks all missed out on Luka. How do you honestly dismiss his accomplishments in the Euro-league? The guy has been playing professional basketball since he was 14. There is a reason everybody keeps talking about how his game is way beyond his years.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
People not valuing the Euro-league is exactly why the Kings, Suns and Hawks all missed out on Luka. How do you honestly dismiss his accomplishments in the Euro-league? The guy has been playing professional basketball since he was 14. There is a reason everybody keeps talking about how his game is way beyond his years.

I think Luka is a talent. But looking at stuff like the all euro league teams and seeing luminaries like Jan Vesely and Alexey Shved doesn't really support valuing the Euroleague talent more... :)

MPrice

Alt account
Banned
Oct 18, 2019

I feel what you are saying but you can't take this stuff personal. Alot of great players get skipped over. Luka was picked in the same draft slot as Michael Jordan, which is saying something because alot of guys go alot later.

Look at where Giannis or Kawhi were drafted. Hell look at Curry who went 7th. Kobe went 13th. Drafting is a hard process that no one really does well. Euro guys are at a bigger disadvantage because most of the scouts are in the US.

Oct 28, 2017
I feel what you are saying but you can't take this stuff personal. Alot of great players get skipped over. Luka was picked in the same draft slot as Michael Jordan, which is saying something because alot of guys go alot later.

Look at where Giannis or Kawhi were drafted. Hell look at Curry who went 7th. Kobe went 13th. Drafting is a hard process that no one really does well. Euro guys are at a bigger disadvantage because most of the scouts are in the US.

How many other players have accomplished so much and shown skill like Luka and were still picked over? And nobody is taking things personally.

MPrice

Alt account
Banned
Oct 18, 2019
How many other players have accomplished so much and shown skill like Luka and were still picked over? And nobody is taking things personally.

I mean you bring up Luka being skipped over alot around here but whatever. Luka hasn't accomplished anything in the NBA. If you want to hang on the Euroleague stuff cool, but Jordan was hitting game winners in the NCAA championship game and still went third as well.

Oct 28, 2017
I mean you bring up Luka being skipped over alot around here but whatever. Luka hasn't accomplished anything in the NBA. If you want to hang on the Euroleague stuff cool, but Jordan was hitting game winners in the NCAA championship game and still went third as well.
Euro-League >>>>>>> NCAA

And do you take everybody's enthusiasm here literally?

TTG

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
First time this season watching the TNT show, still a treasure. Barkley is teaching Zion how to run.

Status
Not open for further replies.