• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017

giphy.gif

Nov 27, 2017
California
Top 4 of each conference
Best of 5 round
Best of 7 conference finals
Best of 7 finals

Gotta get it done quick now, can't do a regular playoffs

or even top 2 of each conference so the washed Celtics fucked up not getting the #2 spot

Linkage76

Oct 27, 2017
If the season is canceled, how will the draft be done? Will the Warriors still have a chance at the first round pick?

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lol, it's as good as cancelled, the logistics are impossible without figuring out who's had it, who's immune etc.
Sad to see, we won't be getting anymore NBA or Summer League.

TiamatSword

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Since the Lakers are the only team to clinch a playoff spot in the west, it would be simplest and fairest to declare them champions. It would be unfair to arbitrarily pick between the three eastern conference teams with clinched spots so it's best to just ignore them.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
Top 4 of each conference
Best of 5 round
Best of 7 conference finals
Best of 7 finals

Gotta get it done quick now, can't do a regular playoffs

or even top 2 of each conference so the washed Celtics fucked up not getting the #2 spot

If this happens, and that's a huge if, the games would be better suited to be played somewhere in Canada, as the US is a fucking epicenter of COVID-19 chaos.

But I would rather not risk further danger, by trying to rush the league back. I think we're going to be having an extended hiatus from the NBA.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
what happened to playing every playoff game in an empty arena in vegas? just an idea floated around?

Linkage76

Oct 27, 2017
There will be endless debates to who could have won the chip this year if the season is canceled. Speculation and debating who won the chip, mvp, dpoy etc will go on for years if not decades. It's going to be the talk of the NBA world for years. I'm going to hate it.

Just have a 3 game series playoffs starting mid or late August with no fans. Conference and finals will be a 5 game series. It will be done by end of September or early October. New season begins on Christmas and will obviously be a shortened season. I'd take a 60 game season due to the pandemic, but 2022 will be back to normal.

Nov 27, 2017
California
If this happens, and that's a huge if, the games would be better suited to be played somewhere in Canada, as the US is a fucking epicenter of COVID-19 chaos.

But I would rather not risk further danger, by trying to rush the league back. I think we're going to be having an extended hiatus from the NBA.

hmm Canada would be an ideal spot especially with the air Canada center
Empty stands of course and I'd say playoff rosters have to be 8/9 max and the rest go home so no finals Dudley

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
it's all so dumb. we miss sports but we don't need sports. just fucking isolate and totally shutdown for 18 months or so till we get a vaccine or reliable treatment. that's the reality and that's what needs to happen.

i guess horse or a dunk contest from their homes would at least keep them safe? but it's unnecessary. really not liking how money hungry these leagues are seeming right now.

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
I actually do wonder assuming the season gets cancelled if the league does anything to compensate the playoff teams heading into next season, whether that is opening up the draft lottery to all 30 teams, or adding something like a one time player exception based on seeding that isn't subject to the luxury tax (e.g. the Bucks get the equivalent of an extra MLE).

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
There will be endless debates to who could have won the chip this year if the season is canceled. Speculation and debating who won the chip, mvp, dpoy etc will go on for years if not decades. It's going to be the talk of the NBA world for years. I'm going to hate it.

Just have a 3 game series playoffs starting mid or late August with no fans. Conference and finals will be a 5 game series. It will be done by end of September or early October. New season begins on Christmas and will obviously be a shortened season. I'd take a 60 game season due to the pandemic, but 2022 will be back to normal.

I'd rather have 2 shortened seasons as opposed to scrapping this season entirely in hopes that next season is back to "normal".

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I'd rather have 2 shortened seasons as opposed to scrapping this season entirely in hopes that next season is back to "normal".
From an owner's perspective, I think it probably makes more economical sense to just write this season off as a loss and get back on track than damaging next season as well.

Last edited:

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
it's all so dumb. we miss sports but we don't need sports. just fucking isolate and totally shutdown for 18 months or so till we get a vaccine or reliable treatment. that's the reality and that's what needs to happen.

i guess horse or a dunk contest from their homes would at least keep them safe? but it's unnecessary. really not liking how money hungry these leagues are seeming right now.
18 months is way too long and they would probably come up with alternatives like the players being quarantined, playing in 1-2 cities, and playing with no fans first.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Everything went down the shitter so fast that no one even remembers Rudy Gobert anymore. If anything, he ended up being a net positive.

It seemed like America started to take things seriously when the season got canceled.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
It seemed like America started to take things seriously when the season got canceled.
Didn't the NBA shut down first?

Its fucking crazy that the NBA is run better than our country. Not surprising in the least, but still totally insane.

And honestly no one should remember Gobert anymore. He is a NBA player and most people in this country were totally unprepared, including our fucking government...

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't the NBA shut down first?

Its fucking crazy that the NBA is run better than our country. Not surprising in the least, but still totally insane.

And honestly no one should remember Gobert anymore. He is a NBA player and most people in this country were totally unprepared, including our fucking government...
Yeah, NBA was the first domino. Without that happening, I think it would've taken more effort for other sport leagues or mass gatherings to cancel.

Status
Not open for further replies.