• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
nba_PNG6.png

Gonna keep this short and sweet since we already know whats going on.

Here is the national TV schedule.

Jan. 5 -- 10-day contracts may now be signed

Jan. 10 -- All contracts are guaranteed for the remainder of the season

Jan. 15 -- Last day to sign NBA Two-Way contracts

Jan. 24 -- NBA Paris Game 2020, Charlotte Hornets vs. Milwaukee Bucks (Paris)

Feb. 6 -- NBA Trade Deadline (3 p.m. ET)

Feb. 14-16 -- NBA All-Star 2020 (Chicago, IL)

March 1 -- Playoff Eligibility Waiver Deadline

April 15-18 -- Portsmouth Invitational Tournament (Portsmouth, VA)

April 15 -- Regular Season ends

April 17 -- Rosters set for NBA Playoffs 2020 (3 p.m. ET)

April 18 -- NBA Playoffs 2020 begin

April 26 -- NBA Early Entry Eligibility Deadline (11:59 p.m. ET)

May 4-5 -- Conference Semifinals begin (possible move up to May 2-3)

May 19 -- NBA Draft Lottery 2020 (Chicago)

May 19-20 -- Conference Finals begin (possible move up to May 17-18)

May 21-24 -- NBA Draft Combine 2020 (Chicago)

June 4 -- NBA Finals 2020 begin

June 15 -- NBA Draft Early Entry Entrant Withdrawal Deadline (5 p.m. ET)

June 21 -- The Finals 2020 latest possible date

June 25 -- NBA Draft 2020

Nearing the halfway point of the season and certainly some things haven't ended up as we all expected -- the Spurs are tanking, and the Raptors are refusing to lay down. We've seen the emergence of Brandon Ingram, Pascal Siakam, Luka Doncic, and Steph's little splash bro...

Standings as of the Christmas games:
07623658b36bd0cca81283bdf92be163.png

6bcc8f3c428b8d4e70d3f0cc486d0d3f.png

This has been one of the busier NBA OTs in a long while, but hopefully you guys dont hit 200 as quickly this time :P

Have fun!
every-time-i-try-to-play-sports

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
You mean the Clippers? The Lakers have 3 good to great bigs.
Howard is playing well but Javale has not and I would like an insurance policy if and when Dwight gets hurt.

We really need someone to replace Rondo because he is trash and is our only other PG.

And for the love of Magic Johnson don't you dare bring up Chris Paul and Kevin Love as acceptable pieces.

Oct 28, 2017
The Lakers have four players and one of them is 85 year old Dwight Howard...
LeBron James, possibly still the best player in the NBA for a given game
Anthony Davis, also possibly the best player in the NBA
Kyle Kuzma, good player with lots of potential. Seek more from him.
Danny Green, one of the best 3 and D players in the game
Caruso, half bald, half amazing
Avery Bradley, good defender that can at least shoot if necessary
Dwight Howard, great bench center
McGee, good center when playing limited minutes
Rondo, good management PG to give LeBron a rest. Has been shooting better than expected. Obviously still a defensive liability.

Lakers have more than nearly every other team on paper.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
Howard is playing well but Javale has not and I would like an insurance policy if and when Dwight gets hurt.

We really need someone to replace Rondo because he is trash and is our only other PG.

And for the love of Magic Johnson don't you dare bring up Chris Paul and Kevin Love as acceptable pieces.
You could always ask Detroit for Derrick Rose and Blake Griffin for KCP and LeBron.

MPrice

Alt account
Banned
Oct 18, 2019
Lakers need a PG and another big.

They don't need either of those really. They need another person who can get their own shot more than anything. Probably should've bit on Melo for the bench unit.

Their overall problem is that basically Lebron or Rondo have to initiate everything for them on offense. Adding another PG to that list won't change that. They need someone who doesn't need any other player to get buckets. A Lou Williams or Jamal Crawford type. Kuz provided that last night and they almost beat the Clips with Lebron having a off night. But Kuz's handle isn't anywhere near as good enough to do that on the regular.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
LeBron James, possibly still the best player in the NBA for a given game
Anthony Davis, also possibly the best player in the NBA
Kyle Kuzma, good player with lots of potential. Seek more from him.
Danny Green, one of the best 3 and D players in the game
Caruso, half bald, half amazing
Avery Bradley, good defender that can at least shoot if necessary
Dwight Howard, great bench center
McGee, good center when playing limited minutes
Rondo, good management PG to give LeBron a rest. Has been shooting better than expected. Obviously still a defensive liability.

Lakers have more than nearly every other team on paper.
I agree with you except that McGee is a good center (he is a bench player and is playing worse than Dwight). And that Rondo is good. He is a big negative against a good team. He just wastes too many possessions on offense to justify his defense.

IF Bradley is healthy I think we are ok with him. We really missed him the past few weeks. That's a hole Caruso (liability on offense) and Rondo (garbage) can't fill by themselves.

Oct 26, 2017
Why was Lebron so passive? He looked so shook the moment Kawhi switched onto him for defensive duties.

Putting George Paul on Lebron was a mistake.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Come on Raps, you're edging too close to the playoff play-in cut-off, although I do like their chances for the in-season tournament.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

Darkwing-Buck Svi will potentially be starting (like last game) and have a chance to be tank commander to ensure we get LaMelo!

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vogel just needs to stop playing Rondo 20+ minutes a game. Give all his minutes to Bradley or Caruso. Rondo doesn't even play defense and that what Vogel has preached. It's fucking maddening.

I don't mind Beverly's antics but I just looked up his splits and lol. Dude is shooting <60% from the line? Lonzo-esque.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Vogel just needs to stop playing Rondo 20+ minutes a game. Give all his minutes to Bradley or Caruso. Rondo doesn't even play defense and that what Vogel has preached. It's fucking maddening.

I don't mind Beverly's antics but I just looked up his splits and lol. Dude is shooting <60% from the line? Lonzo-esque.
I assume Bradley is not ready yet.

Thats the only explanation that makes sense.

Even over Caruso I would rather just give more of those minute to Kuz and KCP. But KCP got banged up last night too. KCP is probably not much worse of playmaker than Rondo anyways. For every great pass Rondo has that is lost via the bricks, the turnovers and the indecision where he just holds the ball and the play doesn't work the way he wants.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not looking forward to another summer of "Bron didn't have enough help" when Lake show gets knocked out the first round.

Oct 28, 2017
I assume Bradley is not ready yet.

Thats the only explanation that makes sense.

Even over Caruso I would rather just give more of those minute to Kuz and KCP. But KCP got banged up last night too. KCP is probably not much worse of playmaker than Rondo anyways. For every great pass Rondo has that is lost via the bricks, the turnovers and the indecision where he just holds the ball and the play doesn't work the way he wants.
Every team is going to have some weaknesses. That's when you look to your strengths to overcome them, not just expect to get an even better team.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Not looking forward to another summer of "Bron didn't have enough help" when Lake show gets knocked out the first round.
Honestly Bron had the help last night.

I am not sure why he decided to just keep chucking threes instead of just running everything through at the end of the game. The Clippers had no answer for AD and he was doing a great job of slowing down PG and Kawhi when he guarded them too. Of course the other team ALWAYS expects the best player on the floor to take shots so maybe the deception of LeBron going 2-15 from 3 point line was worth it maybe? I mean the stat guys like 3s so maybe that is the right play?

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly Bron had the help last night.

I am not sure why he decided to just keep chucking threes instead of just running everything through at the end of the game. The Clippers had no answer for AD and he was doing a great job of slowing down PG and Kawhi when he guarded them too. Of course the other team ALWAYS expects the best player on the floor to take shots so maybe the deception of LeBron going 2-15 from 3 point line was worth it maybe? I mean the stat guys like 3s so maybe that is the right play?
The easiest answer is he was playing hurt. Dude looked rough towards the end.

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
E3 is gonna be so awesome. Just play video games all day then walk over to staples center and watch the finals.

Oct 27, 2017
OKC
having lots of fun as a Thunder fan this season, 0 expectations and everyone seems to like each other. need to buy a shai jersey now tbh

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
NBA has to go through the Warriors and Cavs, don't forget it! Look at those win streaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.