• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TiamatSword

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
NW6x1BQ.gif
source.gif

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I would agree, if Luke was still the coach.
I mean my 8 year old son is probably a better coach than Luke Walton. But a coach can only do so much.

they can still take the top seed with load management.

Very much doubt that. It is incredibly hard to win consistently in the NBA without a superstar. They might have a winning record without one guy but the losses will start to add up and eventually our lead in wins will disappear.

This guy gets it.

Also if the Lakers get the first seed wrapped up a week or two early that is your fucking load management. AD and LeBron can take a trip to Miami and just swim in pools of HGH.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
welp, we're halfway through the season. Where is your team tier wise?

Title Favorites (Gun to head, the teams you'd pick right now to be in the NBA Finals): Lakers, Bucks, Clippers

Title Contenders (Not quite good enough for top tier, far too talented to look past): Sixers, Jazz, Celtics, Nuggets, Rockets, Heat

Playoff Squads (Good teams who are a step away from being great teams, or just too injured to be higher): Mavericks, Pacers, Raptors

Mid (Battling for the lower seeds or flirting with .500): Spurs, Thunder, Nets, Magic, Grizzlies

Charlotte Hornets tier (Not good enough for the playoffs but too good to bottom out, so the treadmill is full speed ahead aka "the Charlotte Hornets franchise"): Suns, Kings, Wolves, Bulls, Hornets

Bad (too banged up to be any good, hope seems to be deteriorating) Pelicans, Wizards, Pistons

Complete Despair (Fans show up the arena with bags on their heads. Watching their games is a bleak, nihilistic experience): Hawks, Warriors, Cavs, Knicks

Christian

Oct 25, 2017

Title Favorites (Gun to head, the teams you'd pick right now to be in the NBA Finals): Lakers, Bucks, Clippers

Title Contenders (Not quite good enough for top tier, far too talented to look past): Sixers, Jazz, Celtics, Nuggets, Rockets, Heat

Playoff Squads (Good teams who are a step away from being great teams, or just too injured to be higher): Mavericks, Pacers, Raptors

Mid (Battling for the lower seeds or flirting with .500): Spurs, Thunder, Nets, Magic, Grizzlies

Charlotte Hornets tier (Not good enough for the playoffs but too good to bottom out, so the treadmill is full speed ahead aka "the Charlotte Hornets franchise"): Suns, Kings, Wolves, Bulls, Hornets

Bad (too banged up to be any good, hope seems to be deteriorating) Pelicans, Wizards, Pistons

Complete Despair (Fans show up the arena with bags on their heads. Watching their games is a bleak, nihilistic experience): Hawks, Warriors, Cavs, Knicks

I would take the Bulls out of Hornets-tier and put them in the "Bad" tier. I would also probably put the Warriors in "Bad," too. And I think the Pelicans need their own tier. They started out like trash, but they've been pretty feisty lately. I wouldn't call them bad or say that hope is fading, but they definitely don't look like a treadmill team and I wouldn't call them good, either.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would take the Bulls out of Hornets-tier and put them in the "Bad" tier. I would also probably put the Warriors in "Bad," too. And I think the Pelicans need their own tier. They started out like trash, but they've been pretty feisty lately. I wouldn't call them bad or say that hope is fading, but they definitely don't look like a treadmill team and I wouldn't call them good, either.
I can see the argument for the pelicans. They've been slightly positive net rating wise these past 15 games, almost dead in the middle lol

Zion coming back could really shake things up. The battle for the west eight seed really could come down to the wire this season.

Marz

Oct 30, 2017
I like the Pelicans to get the 8th seed in the West and I like the Pacers to be in the Eastern Finals.

I love everything about that Pacers squad.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Assuming everyone is healthy

Top Tier:

Clippers (The only truly complete package in the league. Best player in the world, a top 10 player to back him up, token annoying mother fucker to get under the other team's skin, depth out the ass. Unless something goes horribly wrong they are the easy favorites)
Bucks (There is no Kawhi to lock down Giannis in the conference finals and cause the Bucks to lose 4 straight anymore. Bucks are worse than last year but Giannis is the easy best player in the east and basically unguardable. There is only one hope...)
Raptors (Healthy Raptors with Pascal playing MVP level like he was during early part of the regular season + god tier Nick Nurse coaching is the only threat to the Bucks out of the east. Lack of a god tier superstar like Kawhi is obviously going to hurt, but the champs still have a swagger to them that will be tough to deal with come playoff time. Also the anime storyline of the defending champs meeting the deserter Kawhi in the finals is the perfect story and we all know the NBA is scripted)
Lakers (Lebron and AD is obviously the best big 2 in the league, or a close second to tryhard Clippers. I think their lack of depth could hurt them come playoff time, but it's hard to argue against playoff Lebron who will likely go on an absolute fucking tear like usual. Lakers/Clippers are at a level above the rest of the conference)

I think those are your easy conference finals if the seeds line up, but we very well may be seeing these matchups in the 2nd round considering no one tries in regular season anymore.

Has Issues but are real close Tier:

Dallas (A healthy Dallas is going to be horrifying. Big Dick Donc has proven himself a top tier player in this league and I see zero signs that this fucker will slow down or show any jitters or nerves come playoff time. Only thing that stands in his way are the god tier LA teams. Too early but your time will come young fella)
Indiana (They look stupidly good right now and Big Dick Vic is about to make his return. Be afraid.)
Boston
Denver
(Both just solid as shit. I think they're missing something to bring them to the next level, though.)
Utah (The Jazz are like 12-1 since Donovan Mitchell changed his Twitter pic to Baby Yoda. That's all that needs to be said. They could be scary, but the competition is crazy out west and they always seem to fall apart come playoff time. Very interesting team to follow)
Phily (They have big fucking problems and I'm amazed people are still acting like it's going to be Phily/Bucks east finals and anything else would be a surprise. Losing Butler was a massive blow and they look worse than last year's team. Of course they're still a solid team, but even if Embiid goes Super Saiyan 2 I don't know if they have what it takes to win 4 games against any of the east teams I've listed above)
Miami (They're looking real good right now but come playoff time I honestly think they're fucked lol. All the focus will be on locking Butler down... who thrives in the playoffs to be fair, but the rest of this team is not ready. Then again, if they hold onto that 2nd seed they'll cruise into the second round, and at that point who knows what could happen)
OKC (I can't believe it but Chris Paul looks like he has a chip on his shoulder and is going insane. The Clippers outcasts have the same energy: young Canadian GOAT Shai is looking like an all star and Big Dick Dani is hitting everything out there. The west is way too stacked this year but I would not be surprised if this team took 1 or 2 games off the Clippers in the first round, much like last year's Clippers did against the Warriors.)
Houston (Harden and Westbrook are oil and water. It's not gonna work and I don't see them getting out of the first round.)

Irrelevant:

Everyone else

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019

I'm still not confident on this Lakers team. When they played against Bucks, Clippers, Toront they had really bad games...

I'm still think regular season don't say much... On a offs series i don't put my money on Lakers against Clippers or even Houston on West.

Clippers is playing easy just to get to offs, there will be another game...

klonere

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

I just want to say for the record that while the Hawks are historically bad and watching them lose to a Wizards team with an also historically bad defense, lacking their main points scorer was akin to skin flaying, at least we got that NBA TWITTER CLOUT BAAABBBYYYY

Total_Tweets___All_Sources__1_.png

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
I just want to say for the record that while the Hawks are historically bad and watching them lose to a Wizards team with an also historically bad defense, lacking their main points scorer was akin to skin flaying, at least we got that NBA TWITTER CLOUT BAAABBBYYYY

Total_Tweets___All_Sources__1_.png

I can only assume the majority of those Pelicans tweets are something along the lines of "WHY THE FUCK DO THEY KEEP TELEVISING PELICANS GAMES SURELY THERE MUST BE AN INSURANCE POLICY SOMEWHERE"

klonere

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
The Hawks subreddit is earnestly suggesting that they should trade for Devin Booker. The Process is a fan sanity reaper.

klonere

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I can only assume the majority of those Pelicans tweets are something along the lines of "WHY THE FUCK DO THEY KEEP TELEVISING PELICANS GAMES SURELY THERE MUST BE AN INSURANCE POLICY SOMEWHERE"

- Zion is fat
- Zion can't walk
- Where is Zion
- LAL fans being smug
- Lonzo Ball

There is a rich seam of content for Pelicans tweeting imo!!!!

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Assuming everyone is healthy

Top Tier:

Clippers (The only truly complete package in the league. Best player in the world, a top 10 player to back him up, token annoying mother fucker to get under the other team's skin, depth out the ass. Unless something goes horribly wrong they are the easy favorites)
Bucks (There is no Kawhi to lock down Giannis in the conference finals and cause the Bucks to lose 4 straight anymore. Bucks are worse than last year but Giannis is the easy best player in the east and basically unguardable. There is only one hope...)
Raptors (Healthy Raptors with Pascal playing MVP level like he was during early part of the regular season + god tier Nick Nurse coaching is the only threat to the Bucks out of the east. Lack of a god tier superstar like Kawhi is obviously going to hurt, but the champs still have a swagger to them that will be tough to deal with come playoff time. Also the anime storyline of the defending champs meeting the deserter Kawhi in the finals is the perfect story and we all know the NBA is scripted)
Lakers (Lebron and AD is obviously the best big 2 in the league, or a close second to tryhard Clippers. I think their lack of depth could hurt them come playoff time, but it's hard to argue against playoff Lebron who will likely go on an absolute fucking tear like usual. Lakers/Clippers are at a level above the rest of the conference)

I think those are your easy conference finals if the seeds line up, but we very well may be seeing these matchups in the 2nd round considering no one tries in regular season anymore.

Has Issues but are real close Tier:

Dallas (A healthy Dallas is going to be horrifying. Big Dick Donc has proven himself a top tier player in this league and I see zero signs that this fucker will slow down or show any jitters or nerves come playoff time. Only thing that stands in his way are the god tier LA teams. Too early but your time will come young fella)
Indiana (They look stupidly good right now and Big Dick Vic is about to make his return. Be afraid.)
Boston
Denver
(Both just solid as shit. I think they're missing something to bring them to the next level, though.)
Utah (The Jazz are like 12-1 since Donovan Mitchell changed his Twitter pic to Baby Yoda. That's all that needs to be said. They could be scary, but the competition is crazy out west and they always seem to fall apart come playoff time. Very interesting team to follow)
Phily (They have big fucking problems and I'm amazed people are still acting like it's going to be Phily/Bucks east finals and anything else would be a surprise. Losing Butler was a massive blow and they look worse than last year's team. Of course they're still a solid team, but even if Embiid goes Super Saiyan 2 I don't know if they have what it takes to win 4 games against any of the east teams I've listed above)
Miami (They're looking real good right now but come playoff time I honestly think they're fucked lol. All the focus will be on locking Butler down... who thrives in the playoffs to be fair, but the rest of this team is not ready. Then again, if they hold onto that 2nd seed they'll cruise into the second round, and at that point who knows what could happen)
OKC (I can't believe it but Chris Paul looks like he has a chip on his shoulder and is going insane. The Clippers outcasts have the same energy: young Canadian GOAT Shai is looking like an all star and Big Dick Dani is hitting everything out there. The west is way too stacked this year but I would not be surprised if this team took 1 or 2 games off the Clippers in the first round, much like last year's Clippers did against the Warriors.)
Houston (Harden and Westbrook are oil and water. It's not gonna work and I don't see them getting out of the first round.)

Irrelevant:

Everyone else

Lakers have better depth than the Clippers, and Kawhi is like the 6th best player in the league.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Laker tier: Lakers. They need to figure out a few more things on offense but their defense is ready. If the ball movement improves and we get playoff LeBron watch the F out.

Contenders:
Bucks: Best regular season team. I feel like they depend a little too much on Giannis and the three point shot and need another guy who can create his own offense. Middleton might be that dude but may not. We will find out soon enough.
Clippers: Their defense seems kind of crap but offensively they are good. If they can somehow get the NBA to play these games under streetlights (apparently that is where their fans live) then they could be a tough out. But if their defense doesn't hold I could see Beverly and Doc just losing their minds (you hate to see it).
Philly: They ain't winning shit with the Brown system. But they have a really talented team. Its probably too late because they should have fired Brown before, but if they can somehow get a real coach and institute a real offense that makes the players better instead of everyone just running around the three point line I think they could be really good.

Real close:
Utah Jazz: Is Jordan Clarkson that dude? I never would have guessed it based on his time in LA but this is going to be fascinating to see.
Dallas: Maybe it was a mirage and they are falling off pretty hard at the moment, but their offense can be really good when Luka is clicking. Probably asking too much for such a young player.
Miami: Ridiculous at home. Butler is poised to make some noise.
Nuggets: Not sure what this team is about, but they are pretty good and could take advantage of another Western team slipping up or getting hurt.

Houston level (good enough to win, but we all know they ain't never gonna win shit with their system):
Houston: Not sure if they lose in the first round or second round, but its going to be real interesting to see if Westbrook carries all of the blame or if people realize that Harden and Pringles bullshit is not a good way to play if you want to win.

Trumps favorite team?
Celtics: they are not built to win in the playoffs, but then again no one though Trump could win the presidency so don't count out his number one fan Hayward out either.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
I think Lakers pull the trigger if they get the Suns 1st rounder. That being said it's crazy to me that the Kings were randomly good last year fucking the Celtics and sucK this year and Ja Morant and Memphis will do the same to them.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Kawhi had a playoff run where a ball bounced around the rim 5 times to send them to the Finals and 2/3rds of the Warriors best players got injured but he's the best in the league until proven otherwise

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
not only that trade is dumb, but a ball-dominant player with no interest in playing defense is not the guy you want to be the 3rd dude on a big3.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I bet John Stockton and Reggie Miller still better at Free Throws than 90% of these guards out here. Put some respec on them daisy dukes amirite?
40ddffde144a4ee5a9350711cc89d26e.jpg
Its hard to shoot above 80% for an amateur on free throws. But honestly 70% is pretty easy to obtain. These less than 50% fuckbois I don't want to say. Their fundamentals are as bad as Kawhis knees.

Deleted member 31140

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Kinda sad that Troll isn't here to hype up the jazz during their 9 game win streak 🔥🔥🔥 Just realized that he hasn't posted at all this decade 🧐

Status
Not open for further replies.