• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

neptunez

Apr 21, 2018
mod verified post from lakers subreddit.

" I can not comment if there is any interest from Bob Myers. But Lakers want him, and will put in effort to get him.
They believe this will get KD to come.
Green was also part of some discussion but didn't seem to serious
PS: we are also targeting some high end trainer from the raptors "

no way Myers leave the warriors job.
Alex McKechnie is ours and y'all can't have him.

Deleted member 15476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't get all those names that get thrown around: Carlisle, West, Rivers. All of them under contract, but even ignoring that, why would they even leave their current job for the Lakers?

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
If the Lakers are gonna pursue anyone currently under contract with a big fat blank check it should be Riles and Spo. DWade is gone, Riles isn't getting any younger, and the Heat are still staring at two more years of depressing EC mediocrity. If I'm Jeannie Buss I have lines going out to South Beach, the Logo, and David Griffin concurrently as we speak.

The Lakers FO is gonna be Kurt Rambis and Rob Pelinka next year because Lakers

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
Rockets Jazz isn't a good 1st round for either. Damn. Anything could happen with that one. I want my bandwagon Jazz to go deep.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
Not many bigger cowards than Magic. He wasnt having fun, couldn't tweet other players and likes his freedom, didn't like affecting other players lives in trades and signings, didn't have the heart to resign face to face with ownership. Is this motherfucker serious? So basically he was oblivious to his actual Job description?

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get all those names that get thrown around: Carlisle, West, Rivers. All of them under contract, but even ignoring that, why would they even leave their current job for the Lakers?
It's just Lakers exceptionalism. Assuming everything will always work out simply because they're the Lakers (even though they've been dysfunctional for years).

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lakers would be smart to try and get Jerry West, even though he probably hates us because Magic told him to piss off when he was initially hired. I think what will most likely happen is we go after David Griffin after we fire Pelinka and we elevate Ryan West in some capacity. I would actually love both of those moves.

Seriously though FUCK Magic. What a coward.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
so is luke going to stay now?
Cause magic wanted him gone and Jeanie didn't??
same teams run it back next year lol

Harden
PG
Giannis
Embiid

Lillard
Kyrie
KD
Kawhi
Jokic

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Would a blank check lure Sam Presti or Bob Myers away? If I'm LA I'd start flexing my money and try to actually get someone big in their prime.

Someone like Jerry West, while a legend and damn good at his job, probably doesn't avoid similar problems that Magic had of handling day to day stuff. The man turns 81 in a few weeks.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
Will the Pistons beat the worst team in the NBA on the road tonight? I think so. Sorry, Kemba. I guess Ellenson could have a revenge game, but he is really bad, so I doubt it.

Of course Casey could be stubborn and stick with his no scoring death lineups like he loves to do, so anything is possible.

Oh, and it sure sucks having Zaza as our backup. Dude can't rebound. Thon is active, but looks hyper and lost on defense also...yeah. 48 minute Dre game.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
If the Lakers are gonna pursue anyone currently under contract with a big fat blank check it should be Riles and Spo. DWade is gone, Riles isn't getting any younger, and the Heat are still staring at two more years of depressing EC mediocrity. If I'm Jeannie Buss I have lines going out to South Beach, the Logo, and David Griffin concurrently as we speak.

The Lakers FO is gonna be Kurt Rambis and Rob Pelinka next year because Lakers

Riles has an ownership stake in the Heat. He's gonna be in Miami til he retires or croaks.

West is old but unlike Magic he knows what he is doing, and would know who to put in place to fill in on his deficiencies. I'd take him any day of the week, but at this point I doubt he leaves Ballmer, though he does seem to have a deep seeded love for the Lakers so maybe there's a chance.

LanceX2

Oct 25, 2017
The tears are delicious.

Maybe we can get out of first round. Gotta beat bucks and portland has to win I think

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
2k likes putting the Raptors in the finals in my games/sims. Bucks struggle to get to the ECF.
How is Giannis in the game? With the way the defense automatically cuts down on drives, I'd think he wouldn't be as good as real life because he can't shoot.

A couple of 2ks ago I got drafted to the Bucks and Giannis was coming off of the bench (obviously before he blew up). His attributes were great but he was almost unusable.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
How is Giannis in the game? With the way the defense automatically cuts down on drives, I'd think he wouldn't be as good as real life because he can't shoot.

A couple of 2ks ago I got drafted to the Bucks and Giannis was coming off of the bench (obviously before he blew up). His attributes were great but he was almost unusable.

I find that unlike what I remember about 2k17, the star players are actually good when you face them. Mainly because they are so fast that it's hard to stick with them with the tank you have to control on defense. They use tons of screens too, and your guy sticks to everything, even your teammates.

My main guy in 17 was on the Rockets and Harden was like 14ppg. Just didn't want to shoot.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So the lakers fired the training staff but Luke and Rob still there

They really bout to max Terry rozier and Khris Middleton huh

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So the lakers fired the training staff but Luke and Rob still there

They really bout to max Terry rozier and Khris Middleton huh

I expect at the minimum Rob to be fired, but this is the Lakers so who the fuck knows?

Max Middleton, trade Kuzma and a 1st for Marvin Williams.

Also the team had been so riddled with injuries the past few seasons I really expected this dude to get fired regardless of the turmoil.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
carl-brutananadilewski-aqua-teen-hunger-force-6.93.jpg

"Load management? Uh yeah I got a frickin' load over here that needs some managing! Heh heh heh."

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
Lakers are playing chess. Magic will still be getting paid but now can send out texts and tweets to AD and others players telling them how great the Lakers are and how much money they can make with no repecussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.