NBA Regulera Season 2018-2019 |OT| National Banned Anime

Jun 4, 2018
Joakim Noah in a Grizzlies uniform is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in my life. I love it. This team is awesome. So happy with the overhaul made this offseason. Having no identity (i.e. the Fizdale teams) killed me. Couldn't stand any of it. Just felt fake, forced, and unlike anything I desired to root for. Side note: Absolutely worth losing 60 games for JJJ. Our franchise has never really tanked since moving to Memphis, apart from last season. Bad seasons, sure. Outright sitting guys in order to create better draft odds - not so much. With him as our future anchor, we aren't gonna be making too many more trips back to the lottery. I thank God every day we got the #4 pick.

Nov 3, 2017
Am I crazy for thinking the Thunder have the best chance of upsetting the Warriors in the West
Not a crazy take. They did well against GSW last year, IIRC. Hell, people were thinking that GSW was trying to avoid them in the first series due to how good they are against them plus Curry being out.

Oct 27, 2017
Yes.
Playoff Westbrook when he's your best player is a disaster waiting to happen
I probably say this every season and been wrong but I dunno, he feels like a different Westbrook this year and he finally has a semi solid backup

If Roberson comes back in 2nd team all defense form they're the 2nd best team in the West

Jan 11, 2018
I probably say this every season and been wrong but I dunno, he feels like a different Westbrook this year and he finally has a semi solid backup

If Roberson comes back in 2nd team all defense form they're the 2nd best team in the West
I haven’t watched a ton of the Thunder, but it seems less about Westbrook and more about Paul George and surprisingly Dennis Shroeder.

Westbrook is shooting horribly from 3 and taking 4 a game, which is likely to increase in the playoffs. His FT shooting dipped last year and is actually kind of bad this year, although I don’t expect him to be sub 70% for the season. He’s not a reliable defender. He turns the ball over a lot, but unlike a team like the Warriors which can mitigate many turnovers with offensive firepower the Thunder don’t have a great offense. Plus I don’t trust Westbrook in the playoffs. He will have some impressive raw stats in some games, but he will also have those 9-27 games with 5+ turnovers.

I’m interested to see how they will be will Roberson. They are playing great team defense, so I wonder if adding more defense will see diminishing returns since Roberson is such a non-scoring threat.

Oct 25, 2017
The discussion should be: Can OKC make the conference finals.

before you skip steps lol
The west is weird right now. I would take the Lakers over OKC tho.

Nov 12, 2017
Lonzo
Hart
Kuz
Lebron
Chandler

Is the Lakers best lineup and is the lineup that should be finishing games. I really dont care is Ingram and McGee start though. Perhaps starting Ingram ups his trade value.

Oct 25, 2017
Lonzo
Hart
Kuz
Lebron
Chandler

Is the Lakers best lineup and is the lineup that should be finishing games. I really dont care is Ingram and McGee start though. Perhaps starting Ingram ups his trade value.
If Ingram is out he better start Hart.

He was in foul trouble last night. I want to see if we can score the way we did earlier in the season when he plays with Kuz and Zo.

Nov 2, 2017
So I hadn't actually read the original Bleacher Report article with the KD pull quotes which were A Very Big Thing. (a) It's Ric Bucher (lmfao) and (b) even by Ric Bucher standards it is kind of a total journalistic disaster if you still care about those sorts of increasingly quaint things. I feel bad for poor Trevor Ariza in particular; the only other places you see your quotes get twisted like that is in the nether regions of right wing media (and dude has a non-zero chance of ending up on the Lebronzos at some point this year to boot).

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2018
If Ingram is out he better start Hart.

He was in foul trouble last night. I want to see if we can score the way we did earlier in the season when he plays with Kuz and Zo.
What's the point of scoring if you can't gaurd anyone? Everyone keeps talking about Ingram this and Ingram that but for all his flaws he was playing amazing defence before he went down. Hart fouls on every play and has earned a reputation for it now with the refs

Oct 25, 2017
What's the point of scoring if you can't gaurd anyone? Everyone keeps talking about Ingram this and Ingram that but for all his flaws he was playing amazing defence before he went down. Hart fouls on every play and has earned a reputation for it now with the refs
Hart does play trash defense. But he can light it up on offense.

What is hilarious is late in one game Luke pulled Zo for Hart citing Harts amazing defense.

Oct 26, 2017
I was about to setup giftbot to do a giveaway..........but apparently hes broken since 2.0 launch

I'll have to figure out something for what i wanted to do for NBA Era

Oct 31, 2017
Looking at 538 projections, the West playoff race is going to be absolutely brutal this year. 6 teams (Clippers, Pels, Lakers, Twolves, Blazers, Grizzlies) currently projected between 43 and 45 wins, and all between 44% (Grizzlies) and 66% (Clippers) chance of making the playoffs.

Oct 25, 2017
Am I crazy for thinking the Thunder have the best chance of upsetting the Warriors in the West
I think it's possible; Westbrook still takes unwarranted threes, but he's been deferring to his teammates more in the clutch, and overall. Maybe this is the year that he doesn't think he has to do everything.

Roberson hitting a complication is unfortunate; but if he comes back in Jan or Feb, he has a couple months to round into playoff shape.

The biggest disappointment for me is 2Pat; he needs to do better; he's missed so many open shots and is being targeted on the switch. At this point, Billy D might give Burton 2Pat's minutes.

Oct 25, 2017
Westbrook is playing better this season, I'm kind of surprised tbh. He's playing good defense for the first time in a long time, he is also deferring more and letting a teammate take more shots than him. Having PG and Schroder out there to run the offense when he is out is also helping them a lot.

Don't know if Russ will turn back into his old self when the playoffs come, but right now they are playing really well and their physicality is something other teams should be worried about come April. They'll still need Steph to roll an ankle or something like that to have a real shot against the Warriors tho

Oct 25, 2017
Is Westbrook really playing better? Not arguing, genuinely asking since I haven't seen the Thunder much.

Just looking at his numbers, kinda shocked he's only averaging 22 PPG.

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK
Is Westbrook really playing better? Not arguing, genuinely asking since I haven't seen the Thunder much.

He is, generally, playing better. He's had a couple of rancid games, but for the most part, he appears not to be consumed with the triple double thing or with making a run at a scoring title. Will be interesting to see how things go as they get into the tougher part of their schedule.

Case in point: last night, when PG got hot in the 4th, Russ actually took a back seat and let the man do his thing. Only took 2 shots in the 4th and had 4 assists, IIRC.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017

He’s shooting like straight trash. It’s a problem. That’s going to be their biggest issue come playoff time if people want to act like they are a legit threat to the Warriors. Defense isn’t the issue, they are already a top defensive team, so I’m not sure why people are acting like they’ll hit another level if Roberson comes back. I guarantee you in a playoff series the Warriors would be begging them to play Roberson and his non existent offense.