• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2017
Philly got blown out by the Spurs? Wtf

Spurs are still competently coached, they just have bad personnel. They're still in the playoff chase despite having Costco Kobe, Aldridge, Gay and a whole bunch of G-Leaguers filling the rest of the roster. Its actually kind of impressive thinking about it.

76ers are theoretically playing a back to back but they just can't defend guards and they're not a good enough 3 point shooting team to justify an offense that has them take 37 attempts.

Linkage76

Oct 27, 2017
Spurs are still competently coached, they just have bad personnel. They're still in the playoff chase despite having Costco Kobe, Aldridge, Gay and a whole bunch of G-Leaguers filling the rest of the roster. Its actually kind of impressive thinking about it.

76ers are theoretically playing a back to back but they just can't defend guards and they're not a good enough 3 point shooting team to justify an offense that has them take 37 attempts.
Costco Kobe haha

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017

Costco Kobe.

:lol

Damn I wish I thought of that.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Just got off work.
saw the Harden travel. Lol.

what happened to GS last night.
50/50/90 is dead as soon as it started taking off. ugh

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am having a heated discussion with someone in my fantasy league on whether Lonzo is a bust thus far.

I certainly think he is.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Shannon and Skip just had a real argument.
both actually got ticked off. And it got liittle quiet at the end

is this how it feels when your parents fight

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Harden is like watching every annoying twat flopper from football put together, and them earning 1-2 penalties per game.

I honestly hope he never wins a championship for his entire career. Not even as a 37 year old 14th ring-chasing run.
Shannon and Skip just had a real argument.
both actually got ticked off. And it got liittle quiet at the end

is this how it feels when your parents fight
I'm guessing Lebron related

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Harden is like watching every annoying twat flopper from football put together, and them earning 1-2 penalties per game.

I honestly hope he never wins a championship for his entire career. Not even as a 37 year old 14th ring-chasing run.

I'm guessing Lebron related
Brady. so close enough. The usual daily garbage topics

I wasn't listening until things got real

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not to go OT but I don't see how Skip can hold any kind of opinion on anything NFL related vs. Shannon. Shannon's HOF, has rings, etc. He's been up the mountain 3 times and knows what it's like. Skip's just an outsider. How can you even debate that?

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
You think he'll live up to his 2nd overall pick expectations?
Thats not a bust that's changing the goal posts.

Right now he is good enough to start in the NBA on a winning team and is productive on the floor. A bust is Markelle Fultz. Someone so bad it hurts you to keep them on the floor. Fultz was legit the worst player on the Sixers this year and forget starter, he was not even good enough to be a bench player. When you remember that he was the first pick and that they traded up to get there that is a boat sinking type of catastrophe.

Now if you want to move the goal posts to whether Lonzo is going to be an All Star? That is a fair question and unless he figures out how to be more productive on offense (definitely attainable for a guy as smart as him but not even close to a given) thats a stretch at the moment. I think it is fair to want to get an all star from a 2nd pick, but that is less common than you might think. Its hard to make the all star team in the NBA and it is really hard to make it consistently.

For Lonzo to get there he has to make a jump but you are crazy if you are giving up on him already. He was not ready to start last year and has become kind of legit after just one season. You have to give the kid at least 1-2 more years to see what he is going to be.

I think it is more reasonable to be disappointed in Brandon Ingram. We are in year 3 and everyone was hoping to see a bigger leap than we got. But at the same time to be fair he is only like 21 or 22 years old. This shit can take time sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.