• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

legend166

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So do we even think the Celtics maxing out Kyrie on a five year deal is even a good idea? He's an injury prone PG who seems like a bit of a headcase and doesn't really seem able to be the best player on a championship team. Is that a contract they'd regret?

Oct 25, 2017
Embiid still makes me wince when he's moving. It always feels like he's going to hurt himself.

His size makes him push people around but it still feels like him losing some weight would be helpful to his movement.

Oct 25, 2017
Magic is irritated. Who wouldn't after the shit show NOLA pulled.

Shit NOLA pulled? You mean negotiating?

Pelicans are gonna regret this

If Kyrie leaves Boston why would the Celtics even think about moving their young controllable players for a one year rental with no other star and no cap space. Unless they are willing to take back Gordon Hayward I don't see a deal happening

At the end of the day, the reason the Lakers couldn't get the trade done is because they were unable to convince NOLA that they wouldn't be willing to make the same offer this offseason. I don't think the Pelicans are going to regret the Lakers completely blowing their approach to negotiations.

Poody

Oct 27, 2017
McGee should have been traded in lieu of Zu. But I didn't think Magic/Pelinka had Zu in our long term plans.

Oct 25, 2017
You call leaking trade talks and ghosting the Lakers, negotiating in good faith? Get out here with that.

So we know that it was NOLA leaking? Seems like they don't have much to gain. Of course, Klutch would have a motivation to leak in an attempt to force the trade...

Just because Magic was leaving more answering machine messages than Jon Favreau in Swingers doesn't mean that he was getting ghosted.

Poody

Oct 27, 2017
That deal made it pretty clear that they will have to go after a big this offseason. And not just a random guy, someone that can give them 30+ minutes.

Zubac's rookie contract was expiring. Lakers probably didn't believe they could re-sign him for less than $5mi, so they traded him. Lakers would have gone after a vet big on a one year contract anyways.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
someone make the thread

Zubac's rookie contract was expiring. Lakers probably didn't believe they could re-sign him for less than $5mi, so they traded him. Lakers would have gone after a vet big on a one year contract anyways.
but if you can keep Zubac you can pair him with another vet and spread their minutes around, I was expecting they would wait on free agency before making that decision. They did that early so they gotta have some plans for other bigs besides AD

Poody

Oct 27, 2017
someone make the thread

but if you can keep Zubac you can pair him with another vet and spread their minutes around, I was expecting they would wait on free agency before making that decision. They did that early so they gotta have some plans for other bigs besides AD

Zupac probably going for the $7mi to $10 mi range in a multi year contract. We wouldn't have been able to resign him.

Status
Not open for further replies.