NBA Regulera Season 2018-2019 |OT| National Banned Anime

Feb 7, 2019
I still think Toronto is sitting at the top of the eastern conference playoff malestrom. The Lin move is underrated, and will help them stay fresh through the second half of the season. What's funny is I think most people would consider them to have the lowest ceiling out of the foursome with Philly/Milwaukee/Boston, but I think Kawahi's singular potential to carry a playoff series would match right up with like..... Kyrie/Embiid/Giannis

Oct 25, 2017
I still think Toronto is sitting at the top of the eastern conference playoff malestrom. The Lin move is underrated, and will help them stay fresh through the second half of the season. What's funny is I think most people would consider them to have the lowest ceiling out of the foursome with Philly/Milwaukee/Boston, but I think Kawahi's singular potential to carry a playoff series would match right up with like..... Kyrie/Embiid/Giannis
Only Kawhi and Kyrie have experience carrying teams in the playoffs, the former more so.

Kawhi just needs to be hungry

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Weird choice by Lin tho, you'd think other contenders out there could give him more playing time.
I expect he'll end up playing alongside VanVleet as the guards on the second unit for the rest of the regular season.

Playmaking's been an issue for the 2nd unit all year. Between now adding Lin and Gasol (when he isn't the guy starting) they should hopefully be able to create better.

Oct 25, 2017
lin and kemba were on the floor together a lot when he played with the hornets, worked really well. lin is a surprisingly good defender considering his size.

Oct 25, 2017
h,
Which other contender would give him that much burn?
I mean, I doubt 5 mpg here or there came into his decision much, but even if that was a fundamental issue which contenders would play him 28 mpg?
Think he would've gotten more minutes in Indiana or Utah for example, but you're right, going deep into the playoffs prob better than 3-4 minutes per night.

Oct 25, 2017
h,

Think he would've gotten more minutes in Indiana or Utah for example, but you're right, going deep into the playoffs prob better than 3-4 minutes per night.
Pacers have Joseph and just signed Wesley. They also have Tyreke too back up Collison.

Jazz maybe but I doubt that many mins Tophat Jones can confirm.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017
h,

Utah would've been interesting. Between Rubio, Mitchell-at-PG, Ingles, Neto, and Exum they have a decent amount of ballhandling, but they don't really have anyone on his level at scoring off PNR. Kinda doubt he'd end up playing more minutes there than with the Raptors tho.

Oct 25, 2017
I think KG his first year in Boston > prime Dwight
I was about to write are we just forgetting about KG and the other Celtics?

I'm a huge PG fan (seeing him live in Boston was great) and was a huge proponent of the idea that I'd trade for him ahead of Butler, but no, he's not the best player LeBron faced in the East playoffs. Best wing, maybe.

Oct 25, 2017
That was "Lin"-sanity!

(Lin is Jeremy Lin's last name, combined with the word "insanity", to spell "Linsanity", since it was "insane" to see Jeremy Lin play really well, "insane" being slang for unexpected and exciting)

Oct 25, 2017
Regardless of what their reasoning is, that’s their problem. It’s a risk they took by not trading him. So long as the NBA ties contract bonuses into performance via things like All NBA selections, a player in Davis’ position absolutely has a right to have a grievance if his team tries to sit him when he’s healthy and wants to play. And the league and the PA have an obligation to look out for him.
It is their problem right now, but it is the whole league's problem at some point unless things change.

The NBA is an entertainment business. If teams choose to sacrifice entertainment for some long plan of resting assets that are healthy, then they are going against the core principle of the business. The number one goal of the league is to make money.
I agree that the goal is to make money and one important aspect of that is creating stability and a structure that incentivizes teams to act in ways that helps the league. Right now, teams are incentivised to take actions that undercut the perception that the league is about competition. That's bad. You can't fix it by just punishing teams, as long as the incentives are there, they will continue to do whatever they can to skirt the rules.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Prediction - Toronto is going to fall in love with Lin.
They already fell in love with him when he beat us seven years ago! All those cheers and we were the home team lmfao.

I don't think Americans properly understand/comprehend just how many Chinese people actually live here. Or how Asian Toronto is lol

Oct 25, 2017
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...redicted-sweep-of-defeated-cavs-before-game-4

His friend and former teammate at Washington State, Marcus Capers, told Jayson Jenks of The Athletic that Thompson predicted the sweep mid-series:
"I was going to get a flight for Game 5 of the Finals in Oakland. He was like, 'Nah, we're about to sweep this. We can tell, they're just defeated, so come to Cleveland.' After Game 3, they won and we were sitting there chilling. I was like, 'Alright, bro. What do you want to do?' We were just sitting there catching up. And as we were catching up, he brought out a Nintendo 64. Like, he traveled with it everywhere, and we played 'Super Smash Bros.' until probably 3 in the morning."

Oct 25, 2017
I'll always have a soft spot for Lin and hope he goes far in the playoffs this season. My fam down in markham gonna go hype about this pickup lol

Oct 25, 2017
They’ll probably play Lin and FVV together. Lin is a better passer and he can actually see over the defense. VanFleet can go back to his thing of being an off ball spot up scorer instead of runnin the second unit