NBA Regulera Season 2018-2019 |OT| National Banned Anime

Oct 27, 2017
wasteland
Those defending the Pels, how would you feel if AD threats to sit out next season in case he gets traded to a team he doesn't want to sign long term?
As long as he doesn't expect to earn money, I see no issue. You can't expect to refuse to play and make 20 million though. Pelicans are the ones paying him, so they decide if they want to play him and playing him right now is just stupid.

Oct 25, 2017
It is their problem right now, but it is the whole league's problem at some point unless things change.
How does it become a league problem? What is there to change? If a player is healthy, and able to play, and wants to play, teams should act in good faith and play them. If the team and player want to come to some agreement to sit the player in the best interest of both parties (what you saw with Carmelo, what we've seen with tanking teams in the past) that's another story. That Davis publicly asked for a trade, that the Pelicans didn't feel obligated to agree to (as they should, the decision is theirs) doesn't mean they can now just sit a healthy player. What's to stop a team from sitting a guy as a form of punishment? Whats to stop a team from sitting player to avoid them making an All NBA team, so they can pay them less come time for a new contract?

As long as he doesn't expect to earn money, I see no issue. You can't expect to refuse to play and make 20 million though. Pelicans are the ones paying him, so they decide if they want to play him and playing him right now is just stupid.
They don't. If he's healthy and they are sitting him only to avoid injury, or to help their tank odds, the league is going to step in, as they have, and as they should.

If he outright refused to play for them the team could probably extend his contract by a year until he suits up.

Oct 27, 2017
Pels could have avoided all this, now they lose. I think Dell Demps will probably be fired in the next 24 months anyways.

Players take notice, good luck getting anyone to sign there, see how they treat their players.

Nov 13, 2017
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...redicted-sweep-of-defeated-cavs-before-game-4

His friend and former teammate at Washington State, Marcus Capers, told Jayson Jenks of The Athletic that Thompson predicted the sweep mid-series:
"I was going to get a flight for Game 5 of the Finals in Oakland. He was like, 'Nah, we're about to sweep this. We can tell, they're just defeated, so come to Cleveland.' After Game 3, they won and we were sitting there chilling. I was like, 'Alright, bro. What do you want to do?' We were just sitting there catching up. And as we were catching up, he brought out a Nintendo 64. Like, he traveled with it everywhere, and we played 'Super Smash Bros.' until probably 3 in the morning."
He travels with a N64? At first I thought he was talking about his college days or something.

Oct 31, 2017
Pels could have avoided all this, now they lose. I think Dell Demps will probably be fired in the next 24 months anyways.
lol, I'd sure hope he's getting fired. Assume he gets axed in the offseason and a new GM is hired with the understanding that his first job is the AD situation. Keeping Demps would be abysmal.

Nov 15, 2017
Uhh, KAT is far better, as is Porzingis if he can come back healthy. Booker too.
I'd give you maybe KAT but as far as Porzingis, we have no idea the type of player he will be once he comes back and i'd say he's about the same as Booker.
DLo is the only one contributing on a winning team so I think that says something.

Oct 25, 2017
Terana
This Lakers/Simmons thing is hilarious because he's about the worst type of fit next to LeBron imaginable lmfao. Replicates all of LeBron's strengths without any shooting at all. As if LeBron is gonna play off-ball and just ball-watch Simmons run the offense. And if LeBron runs things, Simmons is near useless unless he wants to play primarily in the post, which he doesn't. So whatever, this whole thing is going nowhere.

Oct 25, 2017
I'd give you maybe KAT but as far as Porzingis, we have no idea the type of player he will be once he comes back and i'd say he's about the same as Booker.
DLo is the only one contributing on a winning team so I think that says something.
The caveat is "when healthy". Booker I think is essentially a better version of what D'Lo gives you. Don't really care about records. By that logic is Russell better than AD?

Oct 25, 2017
Not the best player from the 2014 draft has to do something about it imo :p
The Nets have a competent front office who despite not making any flashy moves have put thought into things like roster construction and coaching hires. The Wolves....hired Tom Thibedau and gave him total control. And have an owner who handed a guy an undeserved max deal so long as he promised to try harder.

Nov 15, 2017
The caveat is "when healthy". Booker I think is essentially a better version of what D'Lo gives you. Don't really care about records. By that logic is Russell better than AD?
Booker is a very one-dimensional player, whereas DLo is more rounded. That's not even the logic I am using since team record has to do with your team as whole but it says something when a player can put a respectable stat line on a good team.

Oct 26, 2017
I miss the days when teams at the bottom of the standings played each other and actively tried to lose games without making it -too- obvious (except for the Mavs who just didn't give a shit). There was an art to how awful those games were.

Really no incentive for either the Knicks or Cavs to go out of their way to lose the game like there was in the past. Theres only 4 teams left in the mix for the bottom 3 spots in the draft order (which all have the same odds of getting Zion, and 4th is just barely worse too).

Oct 25, 2017
Err what size. Lin is quite big its made sense he surprisingly good in defense at 6'4
I meant being matched up with more 2's on the court alongside another pg. also height isn't everything in regards to size. I think lin has something like a 6'5" wingspan compared to guys like harden at 6'11", klay at 6'9", dipo at 6'9", jimmy buckets at 6'8", derozan at 6'9", beal at 6'8", etc. he was undersized far more than he wasn't on the floor with kemba and it worked.

Oct 25, 2017
DLo putting up 19 a game on mostly average to slightly above average shooting numbers and people acting like he’s the 2nd coming. He’s a good player, but he’s also a guard and plays next to no defense. He’s taken a nice step this season in terms of consistency but pump the breaks a bit.

Oct 25, 2017
DLo putting up 19 a game on mostly average to slightly above average shooting numbers and people acting like he’s the 2nd coming. He’s a good player, but he’s also a guard and plays next to no defense. He’s taken a nice step this season in terms of consistency but pump the breaks a bit.
I think a large part has to do with Levert being out.

Would most people agree that Levert is their best player?