• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
So I hadn't actually read the original Bleacher Report article with the KD pull quotes which were A Very Big Thing. (a) It's Ric Bucher (lmfao) and (b) even by Ric Bucher standards it is kind of a total journalistic disaster if you still care about those sorts of increasingly quaint things. I feel bad for poor Trevor Ariza in particular; the only other places you see your quotes get twisted like that is in the nether regions of right wing media (and dude has a non-zero chance of ending up on the Lebronzos at some point this year to boot).

Last edited:

Emwitus

The Fallen
Feb 28, 2018
If Ingram is out he better start Hart.

He was in foul trouble last night. I want to see if we can score the way we did earlier in the season when he plays with Kuz and Zo.

What's the point of scoring if you can't gaurd anyone? Everyone keeps talking about Ingram this and Ingram that but for all his flaws he was playing amazing defence before he went down. Hart fouls on every play and has earned a reputation for it now with the refs

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
What's the point of scoring if you can't gaurd anyone? Everyone keeps talking about Ingram this and Ingram that but for all his flaws he was playing amazing defence before he went down. Hart fouls on every play and has earned a reputation for it now with the refs
Hart does play trash defense. But he can light it up on offense.

What is hilarious is late in one game Luke pulled Zo for Hart citing Harts amazing defense.

Deleted member 9932

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If this is the final form of the process, we can call this the shitty cooler final form only shown on dtv movies that goku destroys in a couple of minutes.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have not been quiet about how disappointing the Jazz have been, and not knowing if they'll even make the playoffs.

But the point still stands.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Everyone put your friend code in [ Hide ]
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
I was about to setup giftbot to do a giveaway..........but apparently hes broken since 2.0 launch

I'll have to figure out something for what i wanted to do for NBA Era

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
Looking at 538 projections, the West playoff race is going to be absolutely brutal this year. 6 teams (Clippers, Pels, Lakers, Twolves, Blazers, Grizzlies) currently projected between 43 and 45 wins, and all between 44% (Grizzlies) and 66% (Clippers) chance of making the playoffs.

battousai

Oct 25, 2017
Am I crazy for thinking the Thunder have the best chance of upsetting the Warriors in the West

I think it's possible; Westbrook still takes unwarranted threes, but he's been deferring to his teammates more in the clutch, and overall. Maybe this is the year that he doesn't think he has to do everything.

Roberson hitting a complication is unfortunate; but if he comes back in Jan or Feb, he has a couple months to round into playoff shape.

The biggest disappointment for me is 2Pat; he needs to do better; he's missed so many open shots and is being targeted on the switch. At this point, Billy D might give Burton 2Pat's minutes.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Westbrook is playing better this season, I'm kind of surprised tbh. He's playing good defense for the first time in a long time, he is also deferring more and letting a teammate take more shots than him. Having PG and Schroder out there to run the offense when he is out is also helping them a lot.

Don't know if Russ will turn back into his old self when the playoffs come, but right now they are playing really well and their physicality is something other teams should be worried about come April. They'll still need Steph to roll an ankle or something like that to have a real shot against the Warriors tho

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
At least the Thunder don't have to worry about losing to rookies this year
luka-doncic-the-19-year-old-slovenian-wunderkind-who-surprisingly-fell-in-the-draft-is-already-blowing-away-the-nba.jpg

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Is Westbrook really playing better? Not arguing, genuinely asking since I haven't seen the Thunder much.

Just looking at his numbers, kinda shocked he's only averaging 22 PPG.

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK
Is Westbrook really playing better? Not arguing, genuinely asking since I haven't seen the Thunder much.

He is, generally, playing better. He's had a couple of rancid games, but for the most part, he appears not to be consumed with the triple double thing or with making a run at a scoring title. Will be interesting to see how things go as they get into the tougher part of their schedule.

Case in point: last night, when PG got hot in the 4th, Russ actually took a back seat and let the man do his thing. Only took 2 shots in the 4th and had 4 assists, IIRC.

Last edited:

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

He's shooting like straight trash. It's a problem. That's going to be their biggest issue come playoff time if people want to act like they are a legit threat to the Warriors. Defense isn't the issue, they are already a top defensive team, so I'm not sure why people are acting like they'll hit another level if Roberson comes back. I guarantee you in a playoff series the Warriors would be begging them to play Roberson and his non existent offense.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Hey folks, please fill out the two simple questions in the google form so I can generate a list of folks interested in a giveaway. I am giving away

1 NBA Jersey of your teams choice from the official NBA store (up to $119, so no custom jerseys)
3 Hat's of your teams choice from the NBA store. (up to $35 each hat)
You can only win once and I will use a generator to give me a list of the winners.

I'm doing it this way because as of right now GiftBot is broken due to the new site and needs to be reintegrated. Thanks for understanding and have fun watching the games and Merry Christmas!

I will gather shipping info for the winners after they are chosen.

https://goo.gl/forms/61aTKLG1BPdEvPx52

I will give folks till Friday night or tomorrow night midnight PST

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Gotta say, I didn't expect the Lakers to be this good. I thought they would finish 6-8 (still might).

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I see them finishing as high as 3 and as low as 7. I expected to hover around .500 for 25-30 games and then go on a winning streak that would propel us to 46-50 wins on the season. The turnaround on defense is the most refreshing part of how they are playing now. Losing Ingram is going to be tough if he's out for an extended period of time.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Lakers are winning but they're not playing very well tbh. They had a nice schedule for the past couple of weeks, but they still turning the ball over at an alarming rate, not getting enough assists, lot of iso ball. They need to improve a lot in the want to finish top4

Hey folks, please fill out the two simple questions in the google form so I can generate a list of folks interested in a giveaway. I am giving away

1 NBA Jersey of your teams choice from the official NBA store (up to $119, so no custom jerseys)
You can only win once and I will use a generator to give me a list of the winners.

I'm doing it this way because as of right now GiftBot is broken due to the new site and needs to be reintegrated. Thanks for understanding and have fun watching the games and Merry Christmas!

this is pretty cool dude.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This is rad man. Cheers to you.

Oct 25, 2017

Signed up, thanks!

SaN1ty24

Nov 15, 2017

Thanks, signed up.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
Im not joking, I see things in Lonzo, that I have never seen in someone so young. His instincts are second to none. His defensive prowess is jaw dropping, and his court vision is that of a Bengal tiger. I wouldn't trade him for anything or anyone in the world!

Booki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn

I signed up as well. Good looks.

On a slightly unrelated note, the cover for this thread is cursed.

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Ringer putting Oladipo as the 17th best player this season seems about right. Maybe. It's harder when factoring in injuries but that's about where he ranks in the overall hierarchy.

I'm the crazy guy who would always put Leonard higher but whatever.

EDIT: Thanks TheZynster!

Last edited:

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
How long can the Nuggets success last? While I'm impressed with the improved defensive effort and our 3-point shooting, I'm kinda starting to get an Atlanta Hawks vibe from this team in that they'll have a surprisingly good regular season, then get put out in the first round. I'm just not sure our start to this season is sustainable.

Thanks for the giveaway too. That's awesome.

Poody

Oct 27, 2017
Im not joking, I see things in Lonzo, that I have never seen in someone so young. His instincts are second to none. His defensive prowess is jaw dropping, and his court vision is that of a Bengal tiger. I wouldn't trade him for anything or anyone in the world!

Zo will be sacrificed to our god AD.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Lonzo plays defense like a vet. And he sees the court like an all star. He is also super fast (which is weird because he didn't have these jets last year). I could definitely see him making an all star game in the next 5 years if things go his way.

What I would say against Zo is that I am not sure if he has a killer instinct and he doesn't have an NBA ready go to move yet. You can work on a move to get you an efficient shot in the NBA but you can't develop a killer instinct. He is a baby yet so I am not going to jump to conclusions but he is definitely a promising young player for the Lakers. On the flip side of all star it is hard for me to see him being a bench player with all of his talent but stranger things have happened so that would be the worst case scenario for his career.

I will say that I think he would get more attention and put up better numbers if he was playing in a Dallas type situation where he got more touches and was more of the focal point of the offense.

Crumb

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lonzo: the person you wouldn't trade for anything or anyone in the world who just might make an all star game in the next 5 years

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
lonzo: the person you wouldn't trade for anything or anyone in the world who just might make an all star game in the next 5 years

Raw untapped potential that cant be measured yet. If this was his team and he ran the offense, it would be revolutionary! If Luke didn't hate Lonzo, he'd be averaging a triple double.

Status
Not open for further replies.