• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
lonzo: the person you wouldn't trade for anything or anyone in the world who just might make an all star game in the next 5 years
I never said I wouldn't trade him.

Unless you are a superstar or John Wall you can be traded.

As a fan it would suck to see him go because it is super satisfying to watch the players develop into stars.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Jayson Tatum: the person you wouldn't trade for anything or anyone in the world who just might make an all star game in the next 5 years
379868262919569408.png

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
Hey folks, please fill out the two simple questions in the google form so I can generate a list of folks interested in a giveaway. I am giving away

1 NBA Jersey of your teams choice from the official NBA store (up to $119, so no custom jerseys)
3 Hat's of your teams choice from the NBA store. (up to $35 each hat)
You can only win once and I will use a generator to give me a list of the winners.

I'm doing it this way because as of right now GiftBot is broken due to the new site and needs to be reintegrated. Thanks for understanding and have fun watching the games and Merry Christmas!

I will gather shipping info for the winners after they are chosen.

https://goo.gl/forms/61aTKLG1BPdEvPx52

I will give folks till Friday night or tomorrow night midnight PST
That's awesome man, signed up

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
How long can the Nuggets success last? While I'm impressed with the improved defensive effort and our 3-point shooting, I'm kinda starting to get an Atlanta Hawks vibe from this team in that they'll have a surprisingly good regular season, then get put out in the first round. I'm just not sure our start to this season is sustainable.

Thanks for the giveaway too. That's awesome.

With a healthy Gary Harris...........forever. Still mad that we traded both harris and Nurkic for McDermott

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
Starting over is never easy for anyone, and it certainly wasn't for DeRozan. But while San Antonio isn't playing nearly as well as Toronto this season, DeRozan has been excellent for his new team.

DeRozan shooting ten thousand midrangers, making his team worse when he's on the court, and inexplicably still making top-25 lists? Some things never change.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Bill Simmons saying he wouldn't trade Horford + Tautm for AD is crazytown.

He's doubling down on the idea that Tatum is a future top 2 player in the league. Like, yeah, Tatum is really good, and has a chance to be really great, but the odds that he is ever as good as AD is now are pretty low, let alone better. Championship windows are always smaller than you think. I think if push comes to shove Danny has to make that trade. Bill talked up Tatum so much he can't evaluate that trade w/o bias.

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's doubling down on the idea that Tatum is a future top 2 player in the league. Like, yeah, Tatum is really good, and has a chance to be really great, but the odds that he is ever as good as AD is now are pretty low, let alone better. Championship windows are always smaller than you think. I think if push comes to shove Danny has to make that trade. Bill talked up Tatum so much he can't evaluate that trade w/o bias.

It was a weird conversation because Simmons said he thinks Tatum would be an MVP candidate someday... but AD is right now. Like, I get being reluctant to part with a bunch of assets (plus Tatum) because you're stripping out any depth/flexibility. That's at least a conversation. But a nearly washed up Horford + Tatum would be too little (in my mind) for New Orleans. I'd want a pick, too.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Homer Bill is pretty annoying.

I think Tatum could be pretty good too but you will hear Bill make the dumbest excuses for his guys. I remember when Rondo would suck he would say he might just be too smart and that is why he is not shooting enough or fucking around on the court. When Tatum is taking bad shots its because he learned bad habits from Kobe or might just be too good and is trying to show everyone or some other bullshit.

It especially stupid to say you would not trade Horford. Dude is old as fuck and makes a ton of money. He was money for them the last 2 years but no good GM would pass up AD for Horford and Tatum. As you said you don't get a lot of chances to win it all and that team should be able to get to the finals.

Eventually you have to take your shot..

steph dragging dudes beyond the 3 point line on a team with shaq would be hilarious
Curry and LeBron could play together because they are not sociopaths. But Kobe, MJ and Shaq would not be able to get along long term with Steph or even each other. You can't have that many alpha dogs in one house. I could see Shaq or someone else freezing Steph out if he was getting too many buckets or too much attention.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Curry and LeBron could play together because they are not sociopaths. But Kobe, MJ and Shaq would not be able to get along long term with Steph or even each other. You can't have that many alpha dogs in one house. I could see Shaq or someone else freezing Steph out if he was getting too many buckets or too much attention.

yeah probably but in terms of just basketball talent it would be wild. I also think the strategy for other teams would be to let shaq eat because you're ok with 2's over 3's and shaq at the line doesn't scare anybody.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
yeah probably but in terms of just basketball talent it would be wild. I also think the strategy for other teams would be to let shaq eat because you're ok with 2's over 3's and shaq at the line doesn't scare anybody.
You can win with 2s over 3s if you make a really high percentage of the 2s. With space and in his prime Shaq might be able to shoot 70% in the paint.

Though you are right about the FTs, which would hurt his efficiency but I think that is still worth it because he will make half of them and it kills the other teams offense and gets them all in foul trouble. Hack a Shaq would just kill the pace and might hurt the run and gun teams.

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can win with 2s over 3s if you make a really high percentage of the 2s. With space and in his prime Shaq might be able to shoot FG% in the paint.

Though you are right about the FTs, which would hurt his efficiency but I think that is still worth it because he will make half of them and it kills the other teams offense and gets them all in foul trouble. Hack a Shaq would just kill the pace and might hurt the run and gun teams.

yeah true. also we are talking about a team with 5 goats. you can't really pick a poison

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
yeah true. also we are talking about a team with 5 goats. you can't really pick a poison
If you had Kobe and MJ on one team they would conspire to murder all of the other stars on the team and then when it was only the two of them left they would fight to the death.

Poor Steph would be the first to go. The predators always go for the little guy first...

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you had Kobe and MJ on one team they would conspire to murder all of the other stars on the team and then when it was only the two of them left they would fight to the death.

Poor Steph would be the first to go. The predators always go for the little guy first...

they would starve shaq and then put him in a room with steph

rip

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
dude just picked 5 guys he really liked, he wasn't giving much thought on chemistry or how they would play together and etc

Poody

Oct 27, 2017

Bill Simmons the voice piece of Ainge. How much is Bill getting paid to inflate Tatum's worth. 🤣

This piece might lead me to believe there might be some action going behind the scenes.

Poody

Oct 27, 2017
Hey folks, please fill out the two simple questions in the google form so I can generate a list of folks interested in a giveaway. I am giving away

1 NBA Jersey of your teams choice from the official NBA store (up to $119, so no custom jerseys)
3 Hat's of your teams choice from the NBA store. (up to $35 each hat)
You can only win once and I will use a generator to give me a list of the winners.

I'm doing it this way because as of right now GiftBot is broken due to the new site and needs to be reintegrated. Thanks for understanding and have fun watching the games and Merry Christmas!

I will gather shipping info for the winners after they are chosen.

https://goo.gl/forms/61aTKLG1BPdEvPx52

I will give folks till Friday night or tomorrow night midnight PST

Alt accounts too?

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Lakers are winning but they're not playing very well tbh. They had a nice schedule for the past couple of weeks, but they still turning the ball over at an alarming rate, not getting enough assists, lot of iso ball. They need to improve a lot in the want to finish top4

this is pretty cool dude.
While the offense has been meh, the Lakers had the second best defense in November and have been winning games on that end.

Cream Stout

Oct 28, 2017
idk man, i'd take hakeem over shaq on that team. maybe replace kobe with reggie miller, shawn kemp, charles barkley, larry birb or detlef schremphf

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
The same people who can't handle Kobe being one of the best of all time also said that LeBron was not a top 7 player 2 weeks into the regular season.

Proving time and time again that the internet was a huge mistake.

Poody

Oct 27, 2017

this would be the most interesting psychological case study in all of sports. Like who between Kobe and MJ would end up being the top Alpha while the rest are mentally broken. And who would conspire with who to kick the other out. Survivor needs to bring this cast to an island somewhere.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
this would be the most interesting psychological case study in all of sports. Like who between Kobe and MJ would end up being the top Alpha while the rest are mentally broken. And who would conspire with who to kick the other out. Survivor needs to bring this cast to an island somewhere.
MJ wins that easily. And I am saying this as a MJ hater.

Everyone close to him either gets murdered, raped in the shower or gets a horrible case of AIDS.

Kobe will break you down mentally but he is killer on the court. Not a legit stab you in the eyes in your sleep killer like Jordan.

Status
Not open for further replies.