• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hermit

Oct 25, 2017
really good game. but what the hell these two teams play again on saturday? that's the third time the spurs have done that this season

h1nch

Dec 12, 2017
Spurs deserved to win this game with how well they played in spite of DeMar being in a massive shooting funk.

OKC will probably bury us on Saturday.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Mike play the stat of the day sound, the short version.
njwXLDZ.jpg

Dragun

Oct 30, 2017
Good fucking win, but damn, that shit felt forever.

LMA hustled for that shit with DeMar shooting like ass tonight. It's a shame LMA is nowhere in the All Star conversation.

But still 2OT on a B2B game. smh. OKC probably gonna get revenge on Sat.

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017
NBA Half season awards

MVP: Giannis
DPOY: Paul George ( or Giannis )
COTY: Bud
6MOY: Derrick Rose
MIP: Buddy Hield

1st Team: Giannis PG13 Steph Harden Jokic
2nd Team: Kawhi KD Dame Kyrie AD
3rd Team: Simmons Lebron Blake Oladipo Embiid

All Defense 1st team: PG Giannis Embid Jrue Klay
All Defense 2nd team: Kawhi AD Dray Simmons Smart

ROTY : THE EUROPEAN PRINCE : LUKA DONCIC

Last edited:

El Toporo

Oct 25, 2017
What happened to Barnes?

I would have assumed Barnes and Doncic would have gotten 50 against us. Doncic held up his end of the bargain...

Also, there is no shame in losing to the Lakers when LeBron is on the court. When Bron and Kuz were out that was just too much for the rest of the team to make up for. That is like 40 points a game.
Sorry for the late answer.
Barnes is fine. Has a bit of a different role this season, shoots more threes, significantly worse 2P% though (now that I'm looking it up). Don't think he's all *that* different, but I've only seen a handful of Mavericks games (i.e. the ones shown on DAZN over here in Germany).
I didn't mean that it's a shame to lose to the Lakers. It's just that we're horrendous at away games, so we really need to win whatever we can at home, especially against a contending team.

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not at all.

It's only incredible when something good happens in the Cleve. Bad and stupid things are the norm.

The Cavs had LeBron James for 11 seasons. They won a title. They've gotten the number one pick four times this century. What are you talking about? The Cavs have had more good fortune than just about any franchise.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
The Cavs had LeBron James for 11 seasons. They won a title. They've gotten the number one pick four times this century. What are you talking about? The Cavs have had more good fortune than just about any franchise.
That's the exception in Cleve.

And it took an all time great player and an all time great performance for them to get that title.

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He is probably referring to Cleveland's long and storied history of sports failure

That doesn't apply to the Cavs, though. If I were wishing bad things would happen to the Browns, that would be cruel. (and I rooted for the Indians to beat the Cubs!) But the Cavs? They've been so lucky that I have no sympathy for them sliding back into irrelevance.

El Toporo

Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland had years of LeBron, they can wait a while. Give the draft pick (to Zion?) to...I don't know...the Hawks?

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland had years of LeBron, they can wait a while. Give the draft pick (to Zion?) to...I don't know...the Hawks?

I was actually going to ask the thread which team (that isn't their own) do they want to get Zion. The Kings would be my first pick but it's not possible. I'll go with Dallas instead. Gotta keep him out the East and it will be damn fun to see what he and Lucca can do together.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remember when people in this thread were saying that PG wasn't a top 10 player in the NBA? That hot take hasn't aged well.

I was actually going to ask the thread which team (that isn't their own) do they want to get Zion. The Kings would be my first pick but it's not possible. I'll go with Dallas instead. Gotta keep him out the East and it will be damn fun to see what he and Lucca can do together.
The East needs more star power, not less.

Let him go to the Knicks. Him and Porzingis would make an amazing front court. Too bad the rest of that roster is a mess.

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
I really only know about his dunks/how huge he is. Is he a playmaker at all? How is his D?
He can playmake some in transition, but not really in the halfcourt and doesn't really have anything resembling a reliable jumpshot at this point. There is very little about his offensive game except for the highlight reel dunks that resembles Bron's tbh; he is not a point guard in Karl Malone's body or anything like that. You can definitely see more than a little LeBron DNA in him on defense though (can guard multiple positions, can be an elite help defender, and is capable of some monstrous blocks). He really is an idiosyncratic prospect in a way that a lot of other consensus No. 1 picks aren't.

Kotto

CEO of Traphouse Networks
Nov 3, 2017
Goddamn. I didn't even think about Chris Tucker and Rondo looking alike until now.

Status
Not open for further replies.