• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Shaq won his last title at an older age than Kobe though? His decline just happened sooner than Kobe because he was way older than Kobe to begin with.

Although Wade did most of that lifting for his last title so shrug.

Shaq got back in shape just to stick it to the Lakers and Jerry Buss after being traded. No telling if that happens if he stays in LA, even with Kobe. Injuiries and playing himself into shape (probably linked) were an issue his last couple of years as a Laker. Also the other reason the Lakers wanted to move on from Shaq that nobody talks about (understanably, its not as juicy as the Kobe drama) was that as these (specially Shaq) guys age, and the nature of their contracts (again specifically Shaq who signed a pre-salary cap deal and was commanding huge money) it was going to become increasingly tougher to build a team around them. Depth is what really killed these teams in 2003 as the role players (Fox, Horry, Shaw) started aging and the best they could do to replace them due to the salary cap was old ass mother fuckers on vet deals (Malone and GP).

basic_element

Oct 25, 2017
Nice to see Zubac playing well. Still don't like that trade for the Lakers.

On another note, who were the ones who were saying Kyrie is not injury prone and all those knee issues were just freak accidents and bad circumstances? He looks pretty injury prone to me.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
I think one of the things cropping up with the Celtics is that they had huge expectations entering the year, but not really overwhelming talent as it turns out with Hayward reduced to being just a bench player and none of their young guys making the kind of leap that might have been expected after their playoff run. Lowe alluded to this on his most recent podcast, but they are going to have to outwork and outexecute the other top teams in the East because Milwaukee, Toronto, and Philly quite simply have better rosters on paper than they do right now.

Tatum and pocket lint is enough to land AD though

kIdMuScLe

Oct 27, 2017
Los angeles
I think one of the things cropping up with the Celtics is that they had huge expectations entering the year, but not really overwhelming talent as it turns out with Hayward reduced to being just a bench player and none of their young guys making the kind of leap that might have been expected after their playoff run. Lowe alluded to this on his most recent podcast, but they are going to have to outwork and outexecute the other top teams in the East because Milwaukee, Toronto, and Philly quite simply have better rosters on paper than they do right now.

Man the East was trash last year (I think overall the league sucked last year since there was only 2 teams that would've won it all HOU and GSW) Even if the Cavs were in the 8 spot Lebron would've still be the favorites to make it to the Finals. Boston just benefited from the weak conference so it inflated their record and I think this year we finally get to see that they are not that great of a team now that there is much better teams to compete against.

Emwitus

The Fallen
Feb 28, 2018
Man the East was trash last year (I think overall the league sucked last year since there was only 2 teams that would've won it all HOU and GSW) Even if the Cavs were in the 8 spot Lebron would've still be the favorites to make it to the Finals. Boston just benefited from the weak conference so it inflated their record and I think this year we finally get to see that they are not that great of a team now that there is much better teams to compete against.
This hindsight. There was a lot of sentiment cavs were not gonna make it to the finals. Lebron went Berserk.

Kotto

CEO of Traphouse Networks
Nov 3, 2017
There's a case for most of the East being bottom feeders last year, but the Celtics were still pretty good. If the East Conf was like it is now last season, Celtics would still be in the top 4 seeds. The chemistry last year was there, Brad coached better, and even the players most people moan about now in this OT played like they cared. The biggest flaw against 17-18 Celtics was that, initially, the team suffered on offense without Kyrie, but they eventually got over that hump and the defense put on display also kept them afloat when they were going up against teams like GSW. If you see the Celtics this year compared to last year, you can tell just from the way they are playing and behaving that it is different. The in-fighting, Brad waiting after a team goes on a 20-2 scoring run to ice them with a TO along with trash rotations, looking lost on the court to dumb iso plays leading to bricked long 2s, and so on. This has more to do with the team just somehow losing their touch and synergy more than teams simply being better now.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The Pacers have gone from the 4th seed to the 3rd since Oladipo was injured.
ainge-sad.jpg

Line X

Oct 26, 2017
Rockets are trash. Just fucking pay House. Probably should have kept Ennis too. Didn't care about the luxury tax when you signed CP3, why care now?

Eh, Morey at least did stuff at the deadline and then some before that.

I'll admit Faried played like shit though, and PJ and Rivers need to fucking help out more.

The House thing sounds like there's nothing more can be done this season. I didn't know there was a limit of transactions a player can take.

vatisthis?

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, Morey at least did stuff at the deadline and then some before that.

I'll admit Faried played like shit though, and PJ and Rivers need to fucking help out more.

The House thing sounds like there's nothing more can be done this season. I didn't know there was a limit of transactions a player can take.
Morey didn't do shit. Faried wasn't the reason they lost and Rivers was alright for the little time he was in the game.
Wish Luke were more like Bill
Luke will be spending a lot of time at college games pretty soon.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Pelicans are gonna regret this

If Kyrie leaves Boston why would the Celtics even think about moving their young controllable players for a one year rental with no other star and no cap space. Unless they are willing to take back Gordon Hayward I don't see a deal happening

NOLA is asking for the world for AD they aren't taking back a bad contract. It was a calculated risk on the Pels part to wait for Boston, but that also hinges on something that neither they, nor Boston, control, which is Kyrie. If he leaves, it makes zero sense to trade Tatum as the premier piece for Davis. You are basically Pelicans-East at that point.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Celtics tossing a 28 point lead and losing is about how that franchise has been lately. I have no idea how they lost to that clipper team. Which doesn't even have Tobias Harris anymore lol

Status
Not open for further replies.