• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Again, I don't think it is accurate to say that the Pelicans are sitting AD to tank. They haven't sat any of their other impact players and didn't firesale at the deadline. This is them reacting to a specific situation with a specific player that doesn't necessarily intersect with tanking.

Regardless of what their reasoning is, that's their problem. It's a risk they took by not trading him. So long as the NBA ties contract bonuses into performance via things like All NBA selections, a player in Davis' position absolutely has a right to have a grievance if his team tries to sit him when he's healthy and wants to play. And the league and the PA have an obligation to look out for him.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Dude has always been one of the best defenders in the league and shot over 40% from 3 last year.

Mediocre.
By mediocre its means he having season where his status as top 15 became arguable, he certainly make up for it way more than needed this year tho, he play like top 5 player.
PG has been hotter of late, but I gotta give Joel the nod with his consistency over the whole season so far. But if George keeps playing like this, then sure, he's definitely in the conversation at the end of the year.
Nah, just checking PG's been playing like this since december, he more consistent than Embiid.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My biggest issue with Embiid is that he is shooting under 50% as a C and takes way too many 3's. I think he's shooting under 30% for the season? Guy is a defensive monster and unquestionably the best C in the league though.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Lin has been real solid this year. Not sure how his minutes will work with Lowry + FVV but at least this gives the chance to cut Lowry's minutes some

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
My biggest issue with Embiid is that he is shooting under 50% as a C and takes way too many 3's. I think he's shooting under 30% for the season? Guy is a defensive monster and unquestionably the best C in the league though.

He kinda has to to help with spacing the floor because Simmons can't/won't and even Butler has been reluctant to pull the trigger. Hopefully the addition of Harris will help with some of the spacing issues and Embiid can get more shots off down low.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
That's ok, Adam Silver views tanking as a much bigger issue than the Lakers GM tampering across the league

I mean hes not wrong though? Tanking actively tells fans to not show up to the games. Tampering just increases interest in the league, they're basically the WWE of sports with the non-stop drama and shit.

Oct 28, 2017
This is what I am talking about about the structure of the league punishing logical actors. No good GM, or coach for that matter, makes decisions solely based on winning the next game. If winning each game in front of you was the only consideration, then Thibs' Bulls rotations would seem tame in comparison to what we would see.
The NBA is an entertainment business. If teams choose to sacrifice entertainment for some long plan of resting assets that are healthy, then they are going against the core principle of the business. The number one goal of the league is to make money.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
I still think Toronto is sitting at the top of the eastern conference playoff malestrom. The Lin move is underrated, and will help them stay fresh through the second half of the season. What's funny is I think most people would consider them to have the lowest ceiling out of the foursome with Philly/Milwaukee/Boston, but I think Kawahi's singular potential to carry a playoff series would match right up with like..... Kyrie/Embiid/Giannis

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still think Toronto is sitting at the top of the eastern conference playoff malestrom. The Lin move is underrated, and will help them stay fresh through the second half of the season. What's funny is I think most people would consider them to have the lowest ceiling out of the foursome with Philly/Milwaukee/Boston, but I think Kawahi's singular potential to carry a playoff series would match right up with like..... Kyrie/Embiid/Giannis
Only Kawhi and Kyrie have experience carrying teams in the playoffs, the former more so.

Kawhi just needs to be hungry

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Weird choice by Lin tho, you'd think other contenders out there could give him more playing time.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Yeah the days of the Raptors being like 15 guys deep are over. They're a lot thinner and needed some help

Deleted member 12950

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Weird choice by Lin tho, you'd think other contenders out there could give him more playing time.

I expect he'll end up playing alongside VanVleet as the guards on the second unit for the rest of the regular season.

Playmaking's been an issue for the 2nd unit all year. Between now adding Lin and Gasol (when he isn't the guy starting) they should hopefully be able to create better.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lin and kemba were on the floor together a lot when he played with the hornets, worked really well. lin is a surprisingly good defender considering his size.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
h,

Think he would've gotten more minutes in Indiana or Utah for example, but you're right, going deep into the playoffs prob better than 3-4 minutes per night.
Pacers have Joseph and just signed Wesley. They also have Tyreke too back up Collison.

Jazz maybe but I doubt that many mins Tophat Jones can confirm.

Last edited:

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
vztc6Bw.gif

real talk tho, Lin would be the 2nd best PG on the roster and actually a better fit with Mitchell imo

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, Neto is better looking than Lin but that's about it. The Jazz need to stop trying make Exum happen. Lin would have been a huge upgrade for them.

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
h,

Think he would've gotten more minutes in Indiana or Utah for example, but you're right, going deep into the playoffs prob better than 3-4 minutes per night.

Utah would've been interesting. Between Rubio, Mitchell-at-PG, Ingles, Neto, and Exum they have a decent amount of ballhandling, but they don't really have anyone on his level at scoring off PNR. Kinda doubt he'd end up playing more minutes there than with the Raptors tho.

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
I think KG his first year in Boston > prime Dwight

I was about to write are we just forgetting about KG and the other Celtics?

I'm a huge PG fan (seeing him live in Boston was great) and was a huge proponent of the idea that I'd trade for him ahead of Butler, but no, he's not the best player LeBron faced in the East playoffs. Best wing, maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.