• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Simmons is 0-14 from three in his career. No wonder people got so excited when that one almost went in yesterday.

Embiids response was hilarious when asked about it.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
I miss the days when teams at the bottom of the standings played each other and actively tried to lose games without making it -too- obvious (except for the Mavs who just didn't give a shit). There was an art to how awful those games were.

Really no incentive for either the Knicks or Cavs to go out of their way to lose the game like there was in the past. Theres only 4 teams left in the mix for the bottom 3 spots in the draft order (which all have the same odds of getting Zion, and 4th is just barely worse too).

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hornets definitely aren't making the playoffs btw so heat, magic, and wizards, there's a spot to go after

kembron lewalker

brehs

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Err what size. Lin is quite big its made sense he surprisingly good in defense at 6'4

I meant being matched up with more 2's on the court alongside another pg. also height isn't everything in regards to size. I think lin has something like a 6'5" wingspan compared to guys like harden at 6'11", klay at 6'9", dipo at 6'9", jimmy buckets at 6'8", derozan at 6'9", beal at 6'8", etc. he was undersized far more than he wasn't on the floor with kemba and it worked.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
DLo putting up 19 a game on mostly average to slightly above average shooting numbers and people acting like he's the 2nd coming. He's a good player, but he's also a guard and plays next to no defense. He's taken a nice step this season in terms of consistency but pump the breaks a bit.

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DLo putting up 19 a game on mostly average to slightly above average shooting numbers and people acting like he's the 2nd coming. He's a good player, but he's also a guard and plays next to no defense. He's taken a nice step this season in terms of consistency but pump the breaks a bit.
I think a large part has to do with Levert being out.

Would most people agree that Levert is their best player?

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
Myles Turner? I don't think so. Turner is solid but doesn have the ability to take over games that D'Angelo does.
Myles Turner is simply a better, more impactful overall basketball player than D'Lo right now and has a skillset that would allow him to be a major contributor on a title contender in the modern NBA (elite rim protection + 40% from 3 is an ideal archetype for a modern center). D'Lo doesn't play much defense and there's still a real question whether he can be a good enough 1 or 2 offensive option for a real contender. If the latter isn't the case then his value is much more limited.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
Thon had a sweet block, then got his mouth rocked. So much blood it looked like he had teeth missing, but I think just a split lip or whatever. Mouth guard saved them.

Maybe I spoke too soon.
DzKmXTsXQAA2rha

Last edited:

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Again, if they didn't make the trade they would have got Kuzma. The fact is the pick was used for kuzma

If the Celtics hadn't made the Fultz trade, they would have taken Tatum anyway, so I guess we can't factor Tatum when discussing that trade, right?

Myles Turner is simply a better, more impactful overall basketball player than D'Lo right now and has a skillset that would allow him to be a major contributor on a title contender in the modern NBA (elite rim protection + 40% from 3 is an ideal archetype for a modern center). D'Lo doesn't play much defense and there's still a real question whether he can be a good enough 1 or 2 offensive option for a real contender. If the latter isn't the case then his value is much more limited.

Yup. It's much tougher to find bigs with those kinds of skills (or even bigs like KAT or a healthy KP) than it is to find players like DLo.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Myles Turner is very awesome and underrated. But I dont think most suit head gonna obviously pick him over Dlo even if its totally justified.

Its really disgruntling about how under the radar Turner and Beal are. Both are excellent modern NBA player. I have both on top 15-20 and most guy will laugh on me.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
Myles Turner is very awesome and underrated. But I dont think most suit head gonna obviously pick him over Dlo even if its totally justified.

Beal is widely considered a really good player. Turner top 15-20. No. Maybe if you could run plays through him and he was a great passer.

Last edited:

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Paul George remains one of my fav players despite leaving Indy

How is Ayton doing this year? I never hear about him and I never watch the Suns

Status
Not open for further replies.