• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah.... no, the simulation theory is actually incredibly compelling and makes perfect logical sense. Equating it to the moon landing conspiracy is pretty stupid tbh. You should read up on it.
Man people are quick to call something stupid on the internet.

My analogy wasn't equating them. I've read up on both.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao I was just trolling.

Truth is about any of these conspiracy theories, we'll never know the truth.

We do know the truth. The evidence isn't ambiguous, and it all points in one direction. Believing 9/11 was an inside job, the moon landing was faked, etc., etc. requires the worst of conspiratorial thinking and/or a lot of ignorance.

The simulation idea is a poor basis of comparison. That's less a conspiracy theory and more an abstract thought experiment based on a series of assumptions.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm still wondering WTF that poster meant by "lost technology" when there are surviving examples of every Apollo component, even unflown LEMs.

Nov 30, 2017
Yea, but in this case, Steph is just a huge influence on kids and saying things to this level, or the flat earth stuff can actually be bad.

Stop raising kids that can be influenced by adults playing essentially a children's game. People are allowed to be stupid without having to consider how it's gonna make children they had no hand in making feel.

Deleted member 9932

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Last edited:

Jindrax

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
AromaticVigorousAlpineroadguidetigerbeetle-small.gif

From which movie is this fam?

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like users on this forum take things a little too seriously at times. Everyone is just "won't someone think of the children??"

Just laugh it off. And quit saying athletes are stupid like it's a general fact, that's discriminatory.

Gaming_Groove

Apr 4, 2018
Look at that footage again, nothing about the footage would have been impossible to recreate on a set, and with miniatures. Especially with 2018 eyes. We have sets, we have scale models, we have rigs for folks to walk with wires. Pre-record as a plan B, if the feed didn't work, or some mishap happened with communications, we still needed to show the world how badass we were. I don't see the government being beyond recording footage of the moon walk and broadcasting that... then erasing all of the original footage.

I mean I would have done the same thing if we are talking about the importance of the first manned mission to the moon. And anyone that talked would be tried for treason, and likely implied bodily harm, at least.

Do yourself a huge favor and read this site in its entirety. Then come back to this thread:

Bad Astronomy

Absolute

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Surprised some people still unironically believe the moon landing was fake. I guess I give this place too much credit.

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck every single one of you that also believes its fake. There's certain opinions you arent allowed to have a stance on, and society should shame the fuck out of you if you do. Because it spreads ignorance and a general lack of critical thinking in society if its allowed to be okay. Believing the world is flat is also one of them.

Stouffers

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Basketball players' height has anything to do with this.. like not enough blood/oxygen is able to reach the brain.

Mik317

Oct 25, 2017
who cares? Why is going to the moon or not such a big deal. If it's fake its fake or vice versa. Not sure why people are so up in arms about it really. Why does not believing it make you a bad person apparently?

Book One

Oct 25, 2017
The rise of anti-intellectualism and anti-science in America continues thanks to its favoured sons and daughters.

Yup. The 'harmlessness' of a popular celebrity and influencer like Curry propping anti science conspiracy theory crap is bullshit.

It's far reaching whether he (or other people here) realize it or not. Anti vax shit, 9/11 and Sandy Hook shit, buying into right wing propaganda conspiracies like Chinese Climate Hoax or Millions of Illegal Voting Fraud, etc etc all take root in similar mindsets.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not only is the moon landing fake but rumor has it Sidney Poitier is the man in the space suit in the Neil Armstrong film footage.

Mik317

Oct 25, 2017
no.

Like I get believing in some conspiracies is bad (the anti vaxxer stuff for example) and others are in poor taste (mainly the ones that cost lives) but the moon landing is the one I don't get.

Its fun to think about really....seems harmless to me (of course once you start down said slope it can lead to other things of course).

Emerson

Oct 25, 2017
USA
15 years ago Info Wars was mostly focused on "harmless" silly conspiracies like this. You can easily draw a straight line from Moon Landing conspiracies to JFK to 9/11 to far right ideology.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
no.

Like I get believing in some conspiracies is bad (the anti vaxxer stuff for example) and others are in poor taste (mainly the ones that cost lives) but the moon landing is the one I don't get.

Its fun to think about really....seems harmless to me (of course once you start down said slope it can lead to other things of course).

Thank you for answering my question. While moon landing has absolutely zero value in the daily lives of most people, it shows how regressive people are in the day and age of internet where with a bit of motivation and research, correct information can be found which would put these types of conspiracies to rest.

And in the broader scheme of things, it speaks to a mentality that is "my ignorance is the same as your knowledge" which is an absolutely dangerous rabbit hole to fall into because that has been leveraged from a position of power to the detriment of a given population. Eg: Anti-vax movements, ultra right wing conspiracy against immigration, denial of climate change, flat earth conspiracy etc.

TiamatSword

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if there are people who just believe in one conspiracy theory or if they all inevitably end up yelling about the Jews.