• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
]

It matters to me because I often see a consistent pairing of a particular kind of intense religiosity with a lack of trust in man-made institutions.

Finding out that Steph Curry thinks the moonlanding was faked was as surprising as finding out that water is wet.

I don't know the rest of the players on the podcast, but I'd wager they're all very religious as well.
They most likely aren't. I know people who aren't religious in the slightest and they still think the moon landing was fake.

You're confusing Steph Curry with an extremist. He's not an extremist. He just believes in God, that's it.

Gaming_Groove

Apr 4, 2018
I did not say that we never went to the moon. That footage being faked is not hard, some cameras and a set is plausible to broadcast in case there was a reason we didn't have communication or there was a failure during the space race.

Yes, We definitely got Nazi scientists to make rockets for space and land us on the moon.

I mean in the world of literally hiring war criminals to work on our space program, why is it so far fetched to folks that broadcasting a recording off a television feed of the mission is some how incredibly Dim? Not really honest brokers that we are dealing with here. We're talking about the same government that gives LSD TO black people in poor areas for shits and giggles.

Anyone with a decent telescope can see the debris/remnants of the landing site iirc.

I said I can buy us going and having a film for back up at the height of the space race. For sure. That's not unbelievable.
I was specifically responding to your claim that none of the footage would be impossible to recreate on a set with technology available at the time.

Also, why does MKUltra inevitably get brought up in conspiracy theory discussions? That we know it and Watergate happened are points against any conspiracy theory. Or do you think the US government would more fiercely protect the secret of its moon landing film set than it did its experimentation on its own citizens? I'm sure we'd know by now about the fake footage of the real moon landing if it were actually a thing.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
Time was, I could click on a thread like this and see folks bagging on Curry, making jokes, clowning him, etc etc.

Lol not so on Era, I've seen:

Calling him a piece of shit

Comparing him to Trump

He's corrupting the youth

Calls to ban him from social media

Accusations that he's anti-semitic

Sweeping generalizations about athletes' intelligence that would make Laura Ingraham blush

I mean, damn. Lol Era seriously, chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
I mean we got there eventually but I wouldn't be it passed the US faking it to beat Russia.

It's a silly thing to get mad about either way

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I was specifically responding to your claim that none of the footage would be impossible to recreate on a set with technology available at the time.

Also, why does MKUltra inevitably get brought up in conspiracy theory discussions? That we know it and Watergate happened are points against any conspiracy theory. Or do you think the US government would more fiercely protect the secret of its moon landing film set than it did its experimentation on its own citizens? I'm sure we'd know by now about the fake footage of the real moon landing if it were actually a thing.

They erased the footage. We're aware of that, yes?

It would likely be as sensitive of an issue as jfks assassination. Which is still top secret in 2018, and redacted information hasn't leaked.

I bring up the government dosing a unaware public with drugs because that has to do with my direct point that the government isn't above doing something if they have a desire to do so. Its a rare glimps into that world. Hiring Nazi war criminals for your space program is another window into that world.

For the space race, having a plan b is not unfathomable. Insurance for a show of power.

Mkultra was mind control experiments. Giving lsd to the public on the street was just to see what would happen. They got caught, and sued. Same with AREA51. They had to acknowledge it when workers sued for radiation poisoning. It's a pattern of behavior that to me, shows that they are capable of sideways actions. Sanctioned by the government. They are brought up because they are monumentally immoral. But ok due to national security concerns. How can you not cite those instances when talking about malicious government activity? Its off the table some how?

Yes I believe that only a few people know the top secret stealth mechanics of the stealth bomber. Do you not? Its classified above us. And only a select few know what happened to jfk since it's all redacted for public safety/national security. No everything does not leak. These secure secrets are all under the of death/treason. Thats pretty easy to keep close to your chest if you have a family or friends.

Video time! Stand by. (Phone and blue tooth charging)

I hope it's good.

Edit:

This site is debunking an idea that subjective criticisms from a fox news show aren't accurate. Its fox news. Which I'd agree with.. I'm not finding the bit about how this could not be filmed on a set... I am finding an astronomer who runs a business. Who isn't a phd physicist saying this is his opinion about things. Reminds me of the alien autopsy.

The only significant part of that entire link is his explanation of sped up rover footage, which is an opinion.. from an astronomer. He isn't citing any information on why it's following a correct parobollic curve. Or why his astronomy background, and programming, illustrated this. Which would have been nice. The footage is so shit, it would have been great to get high resolution tapes. But those were erased by accident.

I was expecting more from the link. Hopefully the video will blow my mind.

Edu:

Looks like we will all get to the truth soon!!

https://www.google.com/amp/www.espn...tate-warriors-star-stephen-curry?platform=amp

Last edited:

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
In light of the current state of American politics, with a lack of belief in scientific proof or facts, attributing fake news to everything your bubble doesn't agree with, led all by a president who doesn't even read or think, who sits and watches stupid news programs all day with editorials soaking his brain with conspiracy theories which he passes on to the public; there is no room for tolerance of this lack of a belief in facts anymore. it's proven to be too dangerous.

Emerson

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Lots of dumbasses in this thread reminding everyone that 50% of people are stupider than the average person, and the average person is still pretty stupid.

Gaming_Groove

Apr 4, 2018
Video time! Stand by. (Phone and blue tooth charging)

I hope it's good.

I mean, it's just a video displaying simple physics that we would not be able to replicate on a sound stage on Earth or with the special effects from the time.

As for the rest of your post, I'm not going to bother addressing your other points.

Oct 30, 2017
I mean we got there eventually but I wouldn't be it passed the US faking it to beat Russia.

It's a silly thing to get mad about either way
It's not silly to be upset about, IMO. It was a massive engineering and human accomplishment with a cost in human lives. It's insulting that a bunch of morons spout off nonsense claiming it was faked, crapping on the efforts and legacy of people that devoted their lives to the goal.
It's sad that not even 100 years after a major event, people start thinking it's impossible and must have been faked. Lack of imagination and education.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it's just a video displaying simple physics that we would not be able to replicate on a sound stage on Earth or with the special effects from the time.

As for the rest of your post, I'm not going to bother addressing your other points.
This would also be implying that the hundreds of pictures from the Apollo 11 mission are faked as well, and implying that the Apollo 11 film was faked...but the Apollo 12 and the five others were not. Just...why? What's the point?

Oct 30, 2017
You think it doesn't matter that people actually sit there and deny one of human civilization's greatest achievements, completely undermining scientific evidence, belittling the efforts of many, and proving their own lack of intelligence in one foul swoop?

And you think that this doesn't matter coming from a hugely look up upon influencer?

Or is it that you have also deluded yourself that it was fake amd are trying to make yourself feel better?

Believing in bullshit because of a lack of critical thought should be discouraged at every step - look at the state of politics because of this inability to actually think
Well said.

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
lol keep at basketball

Everyone saying this ain't bad, what are you going to say if he says vaccines are bad next?

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone laughing at Curry but he just tricked NASA into giving him a free tour, the rich get richer

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure if it will be Curry himself, or his PR manager/someone in the NBA sitting his ass down and making him take NASA's offer, but I'm hoping for it. Hopefully this lead to decent NASA PR and have less people believing that nonsense, but I doubt it.
Everyone laughing at Curry but he just tricked NASA into giving him a free tour, the rich get richer
It ain't that hard to get a free tour of a NASA facility (especially if you're Steph Curry). They're pretty generous about them, since they know how important public opinion is to getting them funded.
Yes I know this was probably a joke.

Last edited:

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Who cares? Several other countries recorded the direct feed just like NASA did. Australia's copy was more complete anyway.

Australia recorded a monitor screen with a film camera. The direct feed was convertrd and broadcast from NASA to everyone else.

It's just a case of having raw video. I mean any videophile will tell you why raw is a better deal.

A raw copy of the most monumental achievement of man kind isn't thatch to ask for. Versus a cam rip.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Time was, I could click on a thread like this and see folks bagging on Curry, making jokes, clowning him, etc etc.

Lol not so on Era, I've seen:

Calling him a piece of shit

Comparing him to Trump

He's corrupting the youth

Calls to ban him from social media

Accusations that he's anti-semitic

Sweeping generalizations about athletes' intelligence that would make Laura Ingraham blush

I mean, damn. Lol Era seriously, chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill
Don't forget comparing him to Nazis

lol keep at basketball

Everyone saying this ain't bad, what are you going to say if he says vaccines are bad next?
We'll say "that's bad".

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not surprised, the athletes in my school days where always the dumbasses and were only there to play sports and get good enough to go pro. Being dumb and playing sports was how you got popular.

Jun 12, 2018
People who believe in moon conspiracies(and most major conspiracies in general) give humans way, way, WAY too much credit.

They truly believe that hundreds of thousands of workers involved in the space race, from multiple countries are somehow able to keep their mouth shut for 70+ years.

They truly believe that the Soviet Union and other countries wouldn't have accused them of fraud decades ago.

I don't get it

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Par for the course in 2018.

Fundamental lack of scientific literacy has been normalized for a while now, and that will continue for the foreseeable future,

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Australia recorded a monitor screen with a film camera. The direct feed was convertrd and broadcast from NASA to everyone else.

It's just a case of having raw video. I mean any videophile will tell you why raw is a better deal.

A raw copy of the most monumental achievement of man kind isn't thatch to ask for. Versus a cam rip.
NASA likely accidentally erased the clip, because they had to reuse tape due to budget cuts following the Apollo mission.

It's really only the film footage from 11 though. The others survived just fine, which is why they're typically higher quality.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_11_missing_tapes

Who the fuck cares. Imagine getting mad at this
Imagine shit posting in a thread where people have legitimate grievances explained in detail.
Oh wait...

Haunted

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
It's a side effect of a culture that elevates people to that sort of extreme stardom and celebrity level for a very specific and extremely narrow skillset, which has nothing to do with (and in many cases even prevents) proper education or any sort of academia.

Znazzy

Aug 27, 2018
I mean..if I were to believe any conspiracy theory, it would be this one 🤷🏽‍♂️

Oct 29, 2017
The sad part is that the first thing in my head was "well, at least he's not antisemitic or something."

My view of celebrities in general was never that good, but it has dimmed considerably in recent years.