• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Anybody play the update yet? Alot of people on the MyTeam community are saying they sped the game up and reduced blow bys for guards. I actually really liked that bigs could no longer go step for step with the quick guards this year...

OP
OP
Justified

Justified

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
Anybody play the update yet? Alot of people on the MyTeam community are saying they sped the game up and reduced blow bys for guards. I actually really liked that bigs could no longer go step for step with the quick guards this year...

Already been changed lol

image.png

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
EA needs to step up.

The best thing it could happen is for a sports game to have a strong competitor.
NBA 2K fans aren't buying anything else. That's been proven over the past two years when they could've bought a cheaper product to support some competition. This has been pretty consistent with sports games and competition over the past 15 years when lesser competition doesn't seem to do well enough to stick around.

OP
OP
Justified

Justified

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
NBA 2K fans aren't buying anything else. That's been proven over the past two years when they could've bought a cheaper product to support some competition. This has been pretty consistent with sports games and competition over the past 15 years when lesser competition doesn't seem to do well enough to stick around.

No clue why EA hasnt taking NBA Live to a GaaS format (instead of yearly release) or some form of F2P. Lower the barrier of entry will be the only way to take some of the 2K mindshare back

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
No clue why EA hasnt taking NBA Live to a GaaS format (instead of yearly release) or some form of F2P. Lower the barrier of entry will be the only way to take some of the 2K mindshare back
I wouldn't be surprised at NBA Live 20 being free-to-play with the way they were talking about its delay. That said, they have lowered the barrier of entry the last two years with $40 launch pricing and frequent sales mid-season at $10 or below.

Nov 27, 2017
California
That's why I always buy 2K on Black Friday
It's half off

They legit put an AR thing on the cover and make a shit load from VC and it's still broken lol

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I bought 2K19 when it was $3 earlier thi-s year aand I'm really glad I waited. Will do the same with 2K20, buy it on an extreme sale sometime after the holidays.

Oct 26, 2017
I enjoy the games, not gonna lie, but the bullshit this season is nuts. Ronnie said on a live stream pre-release that you could respec you player without having to use VC, then they say after launch they don't know how that got started. Load speeds have been painful, MyPlayer names being left blank on jersey's, flagging names as profanity when they're not, game and servers crashing, progression freezing, etc. Just insane. I like the series, but the technical issues this year are on another level.

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
Does it still has the grindy shitfest in career mode ? because if so I have enough with that shit. The reason I played 2k19 because it came with my XB1X but it was almost unbearable with the push they did on players to buy the VC.

Oct 26, 2017
Does it still has the grindy shitfest in career mode ? because if so I have enough with that shit. The reason I played 2k19 because it came with my XB1X but it was almost unbearable with the push they did on players to buy the VC.

Yeah, but it's not quite as bad as last year. They changed it so when you get VC you can choose where it goes. For example, I can make a big and get his shot close and standing dunk to 95 right away, I don't have to wait to level up and have them randomly decide which attribute gets a cap increase. They also changed it so you max out at 95, but based on how well you're playing the overall goes from 95-99. So far it seems easier to level up, but it's too early for me to tell how bad the grind will be to get from 90 to 95.

Oct 25, 2017
It would be great if everyone decided to hold off on buying 2K20 but that won't happen.
as long as ppl still buying, 2k ain't gonna give a shit

I think one of the main problems with boycotting/not-buying the game is like 4 different games at this point. A basketball sim, a create-a-NBA-Franchise sim, a create-a-player sim, and a create-a-team sim.

I mostly play the GM sim mode and the create a fantasy team mode which are much less predatory / optional on MTX use. I recognize that the MyCareer stuff is shitty but I'm not affected by it so it's hard for me to not buy the game

Of course, it's also a captive audience as EA is over there with the NBA live license and can't come up with a product that remotely competes on the gamplay end and you get no chance of change...

masizzai

Nov 28, 2017
I enjoy the games, not gonna lie, but the bullshit this season is nuts. Ronnie said on a live stream pre-release that you could respec you player without having to use VC, then they say after launch they don't know how that got started. Load speeds have been painful, MyPlayer names being left blank on jersey's, flagging names as profanity when they're not, game and servers crashing, progression freezing, etc. Just insane. I like the series, but the technical issues this year are on another level.
The respec lies really got me because I was super excited for it. Thought it was such a dope consumer friendly thing they were doing. All to be completely fabricated on some level. Very disappointing. Game is fun but there's too much BS to wade through.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
The respec lies really got me because I was super excited for it. Thought it was such a dope consumer friendly thing they were doing. All to be completely fabricated on some level. Very disappointing. Game is fun but there's too much BS to wade through.
The crappy thing about no respec is that it's almost impossible to really try out different play styles. Even height, once you create a player you're locked in (or whatever VC you spend is locked in), so you're basically at the mercy of other people to test builds. And you can't tell jack at base level.

masizzai

Nov 28, 2017
The crappy thing about no respec is that it's almost impossible to really try out different play styles. Even height, once you create a player you're locked in (or whatever VC you spend is locked in), so you're basically at the mercy of other people to test builds. And you can't tell jack at base level.
It really is crappy. I was hoping I could switch to whatever build was needed for the session like if we needed a big I could run a big or if I needed a point guard I could do that. Would've been amazing. Only thing you can change are the badges when you get an upgraded. Mike wang saying I don't know where that came from was so hurtful lol.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Guys, if I'm only playing single player season/manager mode, how much do mtx affect me?
I assume I'm in the minority, though.
As someone who gets it every year (through best friend and i get madden) it hasn't effected us at all. Neither of us have felt the need to put any real money in and he got the standard edition (same as me). If i played the MUT card style thing on NBA i might be more riled up but i just wanna play basketball with my bud i don't even look in the general direction of that shit. The only issue i came across was connecting earlier this morning.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
It's a real shame they keep messing it up. I didn't buy last years either after getting burned by the previous one on the crappy progression system in the career mode.

Stillmatic

Oct 28, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I want them to fix the issue where your MyPlayer name isn't displayed anywhere, including your player jersey.

Otherwise I've had little issues. This is my first 2K game in like 4 or 5 years (stopped buying them because of VC BS), so I've been craving a ball game for a while, got to say I've been enjoying it a lot.

OP
OP
Justified

Justified

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
They need to fix the gameplay speed back to what it was ASAP! My 7'3 lass Cleaner is moving around like Im playing SOnic or something lol

doodlebob

Mar 11, 2018
Can someone tell me if and how MyGM is worse than whatever form it was in 2K11? Is it still good outside of the VC shit? Because I think the consensus is that 2K11 was the best game even on top of the MJ stuff, and MyGM is the only mode I care about.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
In my group of friends who only play this game every year knows the problem but will do jack shit and pay the highest tiered version of the game. I always have this feeling that this sentiment is the majority of the market and ain't a damn thing is gonna change. They also love PUBG and don't give a fuck about its frame rate.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone tell me if and how MyGM is worse than whatever form it was in 2K11? Is it still good outside of the VC shit? Because I think the consensus is that 2K11 was the best game even on top of the MJ stuff, and MyGM is the only mode I care about.
I don't think VC really affects MyGM, but they changed it up this year, so I might be wrong. In previous years they started giving it an optional storyline though.

BanGy

Oct 25, 2017
They need to fix the gameplay speed back to what it was ASAP! My 7'3 lass Cleaner is moving around like Im playing SOnic or something lol
I loved the slower game speed and stamina system pre-patch and these dribble lords have screamed bloody murder until they changed both. 😭😭😭 This is why we can't have nice things.

Oct 27, 2017
In my group of friends who only play this game every year knows the problem but will do jack shit and pay the highest tiered version of the game. I always have this feeling that this sentiment is the majority of the market and ain't a damn thing is gonna change. They also love PUBG and don't give a fuck about its frame rate.
It is, the people who buy 2-3 games a year are the ones keeping the VC grind in place. They'll buy the legendary edition and/or buy at least $20 worth of VC when getting the game. All to stay competitive in the park. On day fucking 1 of all things.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
I don't know if any of you have encountered the missing name that's plaguing myCareer players who used a demo build to start that mode. Absolutely insane.
Yea that happened because you couldn't choose a name in the demo.

What i hate is having to spend a badge point to get a faster jump shot, dumb.

Jeronimo

Nov 16, 2017
I don't really play online, so I only know of a few minor issues. I haven't done any myplayer yet but the actual basketball is better than ever to me. At least they made enough noise to get needed attention.

OP
OP
Justified

Justified

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
I loved the slower game speed and stamina system pre-patch and these dribble lords have screamed bloody murder until they changed both. 😭😭😭 This is why we can't have nice things.
And after that game I got hit with the no progress bug. I'm done with this game until they fix the issues

OP
OP
Justified

Justified

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
Ouch. I've yet to run into any bugs or load times problems.

Load times have been fix....by speeding the entire game up lol. My Center is like the Flash on the court, its just too fast, gave me slight motion sickness (which could partly due to me being tired, but I have played this game with lack of sleep before with no issues)

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
lol 2k are the worst. they didn't fix shit except make it faster and readjusted stamina to be more like last year's game because these idiot dribblegods complained. and it didn't need it in the first place smfh.

offline sim basketball-wise 2k is still the best, but a large portion of its online-focused community really sucks

BanGy

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone who moaned about the speed being too slow is not allowed to turn around and say 2k20 is too similar to 2k19.

Last edited:

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City

Has a person who buys these games exclusively for MyCareer it's been better than ever starting last year, it's not really a grind if you put in a mindset of "oh, I'm a rookie I'll be bad for a little bit" I went from 60-73 so far in 2K20 without paying always get to at least 90 been playing since 2K11 when the VC shit started.. it hit he apex in 17' but these past 2 years the grind has honestly been better.