• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
r254886_710x399_16-9.jpg

Initial release date: September 15, 2017
Developer: Visual Concepts
Publisher: 2K Sports
Platforms: Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Microsoft Windows

Note: Didn't see an OT for the game, and no one seemed to be working on it so decided to whip up something quick for those of us who are playing!

Last edited:

rckvla

Oct 25, 2017
Started MYGM Bulls on HOF. Gosh it's so hard to freaking win some games. (I play the actual games except when it's against some top teams).

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Initial release date: September 15, 2017
Developer: Visual Concepts
Publisher: 2K Sports
Platforms: Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Microsoft Windows

Note: Didn't see an OT for the game, and no one seemed to be working on it so decided to whip up something quick for those of us who are playing!

Names! You made it over - glad to see you here!

OP
OP
names2hard4you
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
this is why we have a OT co-ordination thread :p
Yeah I asked in the OTs thread if anyone was working on it and no one did, so I just went ahead and made it. Maybe this one should be deleted, and we should all transition to yours?

Names! You made it over - glad to see you here!
Nice seeing you too aha. Yes I made the jump!

Speaking about the game now, I for the longest time couldn't make any shots. Taking away the shot meter actually helped me to time my releases better. Yesterday I decided to put the shot meter back on, and what do you know, all that the time I spent playing without it actually gave me the muscle memory needed to make more shots. I now make more Excellent/Good shots than ever.

I encourage those struggling to turn the meter off and time their shots based on your player's animation (you should be releasing at the peak of their jump), and once you feel comfortable taking shots without the meter, put it back on to get that extra visual representation to guide your releases.

Oct 25, 2017
Who has this on xbone and plays Pro-Am or in the park?

I need players to squad up with as randoms are extremely hit and miss. Mostly miss.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna try without the shot meter. You're the second or third person I've seen recommend that.

When the game first released I was fine, but a week or two later I couldn't get a bucket if my life depended on it. I'm sure they changed something.

OP
OP
names2hard4you
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Gonna try without the shot meter. You're the second or third person I've seen recommend that.

When the game first released I was fine, but a week or two later I couldn't get a bucket if my life depended on it. I'm sure they changed something.
It really does work. At first it'll feel strange, but as you play more and more you will learn to read your player's jump and time your shots better. When your percentage gets higher, bring the shot meter back and you'll do great.

Just remember, stats matter. A "Good" shot is basically a perfect release that isn't "Excellent" because of your player stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.