• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Sho_Nuff82

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Right them being blatant about their "insider knowledge" is what I was referring to in my post.

They then clearly lied about it.

But isn't this evidence that: they had nothing to do with the hack itself.. they had no direct involvement with Russia in this hack? They after the fact seemed to have found out about it with the rest of the world and then shadily contacted wikileaks about it and got into contact with them.

Other than lying like idiots about all of it to investigators when caught, what have Stone and Corsi done?

The twitter thread from Renato Mariotti (previously posted in the Manafort thread here has some of the breakdown of what legal exposure they could have, depending on when they knew, what they knew, and how they contributed to the conspiracy. Remember, this is only the information being released by Corsi, and only relates to the later email dumps, not the initial announcement of the hack or the first dumps.

Much more if you follow the tweets.

At the very least, Corsi and Stone tried to mislead federal investigators and congressional committees by fabricating the story that Randy Credico was their source for Wiki-related information. That in and of itself is a crime.

The email string raises further questions - how did Roger Stone know who to contact, in July 2016, to get directly in touch with Julian Assange? There is obviously more that the FBI knows, and more than Corsi/Stone aren't telling us. Their relationship with Assange did not stop and start in this 10 day window.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
They don't need to be involved in the hack to be co-conspirators. The fact is Trump associates knew about the hacks ahead of time and tried to get their hands on that information instead of reporting it directly to the FBI. There's also the question of whether there was any communication between Trump's team and Russia to use this information selectively to target specific demographics/locations to help swing the election.

My entire point is this is evidence they did not know about the hacks ahead of time. This is well after the hacks, after WikiLeaks gets the information. Everything in these emails was public knowledge at the time wasn't it? The hack had already happened, the fact Assange was going to dump more info was already public knowledge wasn't it?

There was a thread from a federal prosecutor in the other thread basically saying that none of that is conspiracy.

OP
OP
Sho_Nuff82

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
My entire point is this is evidence they did not know about the hacks ahead of time. This is well after the hacks, after WikiLeaks gets the information. Everything in these emails was public knowledge at the time wasn't it? The hack had already happened, the fact Assange was going to dump more info was already public knowledge wasn't it?

There was a thread from a federal prosecutor in the other thread basically saying that none of that is conspiracy.

See my reply above. This is only the information being leaked by Corsi's team, and only now after he tried to delete it from his inbox and had it shoved in his face by the FBI. Stone maintained all along that he was never in touch with Assange. Malloch as well. They've yet to tell the truth about anything, so take it with a grain of salt when they "come clean".

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Sho_Nuff82: Yes, I read that thread.. and it's one of the reasons I'm asking these questions. I don't think the prosecutor there is taking into account the fact that the entire world had pre-knowledge of these leaks at this point. This email convo is days after the first dump, and days AFTER Assange announed that there were further dumps.

I don't see how this is evidence of any sort of insider knowledge of the hack itself, which is what conspiracy would require as evidenced by that very twitter thread.

See my reply above. This is only the information being leaked by Corsi's team, and only now after he tried to delete it from his inbox and had it shoved in his face by the FBI. Stone maintained all along that he was never in touch with Assange. Malloch as well. They've yet to tell the truth about anything, so take it with a grain of salt when they "come clean".

Yes.. and they are being charged with lying about (once again, what I've been saying this entire time)

The question is: what other crime is any of this evidence of? And isn't it in fact evidence that they are not guilty of a crime that is a big deal to this entire thing? (actually having knowledge of the hacking itself ahead of time)

Maybe there are other, more damning communications.. and Mueller is sitting on charges, just trying to get them on purjury first and cooperating.. I just think as selectively released as they were, these communications are evidence they lied about stuff.. and evidence that they weren't involved in the hacking itself.

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017

I don't recall it being public knowledge that the dumps were coming, let alone when they were coming, but I could be wrong.

There's also the question of why they wanted to get their hands on the emails ahead of the dump, why they didn't immediately report this knowledge to the authorities at the time, what financial ties Trump and his associates have with the Russian government, whether there was coordination between Russia and the Trump campaign to target specific demos/locations with Russia's bot farms, etc.

I wouldn't worry too much about who's saying what about whether there was indeed a conspiracy or not. US code 30121 clearly states that it's unlawful for a foreign national to directly or indirectly make a contribution of money or other thing of value in connection with an election. The emails can pretty clearly be seen as "other things of value" as can all the other actions Russia took during the election. If Trump's team knew about or openly accepted these contributions, or worst yet, participated in how to best utilize these contributions, I don't see how that can be seen as anything other than a violation of that US code.

OP
OP
Sho_Nuff82

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Sho_Nuff82: Yes, I read that thread.. and it's one of the reasons I'm asking these questions. I don't think the prosecutor there is taking into account the fact that the entire world had pre-knowledge of these leaks at this point. This email convo is days after the first dump, and days AFTER Assange announed that there were further dumps.

I don't see how this is evidence of any sort of insider knowledge of the hack itself, which is what conspiracy would require as evidenced by that very twitter thread.

They (allegedly) had a general idea of further leaks like everyone else, sought out information directly from the source, reported back to the campaign shortly after with a timeline. Then lied about all of the above under oath.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
I don't recall it being public knowledge that the dumps were coming, let alone when they were coming, but I could be wrong.

It was, look at the date of these emails.. August.

I found this to check my memory:

https://www.vpro.nl/argos/lees/nieuws/2018/Timeline-EN.html

Not sure on the source but I'm pretty positive they got this right as it's what I remember:

July 27, 2016
Assange announces more Clinton mails
There are more DNC emails and we will be publishing more related to Hillary Clinton's campaign, WikiLeaks founder Jullian Assange tells the Washington Post.

That's the same day famously Trump snickered about how Russia should hack the missing 30,000 emails, but the fact more hacked emails were coming was public knowledge by August 3rd or whatever when these emails were sent.

I wouldn't worry too much about who's saying what about whether there was indeed a conspiracy or not. US code 30121 clearly states that it's unlawful for a foreign national to directly or indirectly make a contribution of money or other thing of value in connection with an election. The emails can pretty clearly be seen as "other things of value" as can all the other actions Russia took during the election. If Trump's team knew about or openly accepted these contributions, or worst yet, participated in how to best utilize these contributions, I don't see how that can be seen as anything other than a violation of that US code.

Thanks for clarifying this, it's kind of what I was asking.. what else is there?

If actually getting the info is a crime, this is obviously more evidence that occured. And I do understand even something like that could be a big deal criminal charge wise, all I'm saying is that this is a small anti-smoking gun for the bigger picture conspiracy concept. This reads like 2 guys who were hearing the same rumors the public was hearing, who then may have criminally got themsleves involved not people involved with paying for the hacks to happen. But maybe there's more to it.

Oct 27, 2017
This reads like 2 guys who were hearing the same rumors the public was hearing, who then may have criminally got themsleves involved not people involved with paying for the hacks to happen. But maybe there's more to it.

I don't think the GRU was coordinating directly with the campaign, but I do believe they used cutouts and dupes to push the existence of the hacked emails which were presented to the Trump people. It doesn't matter, because as soon as the link from the stolen emails is made to the Trump camp all these messages and texts become evidence for mens rea--or the knowledge that they were engaged in illegal activity--and the requirement for conviction becomes much easier.

This has become secondary to the obstruction case, which will use some of the same evidence, but which will be legally more perilous for these nitwits. These schmucks fear a federal/ state RICO case more than anything. I think the term is "target rich environment"

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's gotta be Mueller's team leaking this.

Why, I don't know... But this seems like an awfully strange coincidence the same week that the Manafort plea bargain blows up.

Mr Paptimus

Oct 26, 2017
It's gotta be Mueller's team leaking this.

Why, I don't know... But this seems like an awfully strange coincidence the same week that the Manafort plea bargain blows up.

Mueller doesn't leak though.

Like others have said, it's probably corsi doing damage control, admitting he liked but not admitting to other crimes.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
I know Stone is a piece of trash, but here in the UK we have our own bogie man who needs taking down: https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/apr/23/when-nigel-farage-met-julian-assange

If any of this winds up taking Nigel Farage down it will be beautiful. There definitely appear to be some complex transatlantic links between these guys. Read Carol Cadwalladr's Guardian columns for more info.

Farange stumps for Moore in Alabama, Bannon and Banks work with Farange in UK.

Bannon, FB, CA, Farange, a shitload of microtargeting and hit pieces/gotcha journalism...yeah. 2016 was one thing. Hopefully when one goes down, it drags the other.

Also, for anyone reading this that isn't doing what's in the bolded, you're living life wrong right now. Seriously. Espeically today cuz HOLY LORD that was a grilling.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
This is the kind of people they are:

Can't plead guilty because that means no internet.

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
Trump planned to nominate Ted Malloch to be EU ambassador lol

I wonder why thinkingemoji.gif

Mr Paptimus

Oct 26, 2017
That doesn't make any sense, is he not guilty of a federal crime if he is responsible for any of what we know now?

Yes. But at this point he's not getting off Scott free, so he's probably going for the lesser crime.

" Sure I lied to the FBI about knowing about the emails, but thats the only thing I did everything else is a witch Hunt so who wouldn't have lied?"

jay

Oct 25, 2017
It's getting slightly harder to be a white collar criminal directly connected to the highest office in the country. Most of these idiots, Trump included, could have continued being comfortable rich criminals if they hadn't reached so high.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Old people are worse than teenagers when it comes to not being able to live without internet.

Maybe Logan's Run wasn't a dystopia. Sure, I'd be dead, but whatever.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Matthew Miller @matthewamiller

Well, well, well, they're already at "does not recall." BIG —> "Rudolph Giuliani, an attorney for Trump, said the president does not recall ever speaking to either Stone or Corsi about WikiLeaks."

Rosalind Helderman @PostRoz

Giuliani says Trump's legal team obtained a copy of the Corsi draft statement of offense the week before Thanksgiving and complained about the inclusion of Trump's name. This was the cause of the delay in Trump turning over his answers to Mueller. https://wapo.st/2FIn844?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.b8d0d168183d …​

WaPo: Corsi provided early alert to Stone about WikiLeaks release, according to draft special counsel document

Rudolph W. Giuliani, an attorney for Trump, said the president does not recall ever speaking to either Stone or Corsi about WikiLeaks. He said the president's legal team obtained a copy of the Corsi document earlier this month and lodged a complaint with the Justice Department about the inclusion of Trump's name in the draft filing. The episode delayed the delivery of Trump's written responses to questions posed by the special counsel.

--------

The draft statement of offense describes Stone as "Person 1" and someone that Corsi "understood to be in regular contact with senior members of the Trump Campaign, including with then-candidate Donald J. Trump."

The inclusion of Trump by name infuriated Trump's legal team, which obtained a copy of the draft the week before Thanksgiving. In response, the president's attorneys delayed submitting his written answers to Mueller and formally complained to both the special counsel's office and the Justice Department, according Giuliani.

"It's gratuitous. It's not necessary," he said. "If you read out of context, it creates a misimpression that they were in contact with the president during this critical time. And I believe that was done deliberately."

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
These guys are so fucking dumb. They're men, and they're white, and they're rich, and they get away with whatever they want their entire lives, as long as they stay out of the spotlight, but as soon as they're thrust into positions of influence, they lose any ability to pose as reasonable, competent human beings because they don't know how to be anything but fucking shitlords. They're all being held accountable, and they have NO FUCKING IDEA what to do.

I love this because it's 100% accurate

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
These guys are so fucking dumb. They're men, and they're white, and they're rich, and they get away with whatever they want their entire lives, as long as they stay out of the spotlight, but as soon as they're thrust into positions of influence, they lose any ability to pose as reasonable, competent human beings because they don't know how to be anything but fucking shitlords. They're all being held accountable, and they have NO FUCKING IDEA what to do.

Yup, they spent all of those years soaking up all of the attention they got for shitting on Obama every chance they got, and they worked themselves into a shoot. Now the glass has shattered, Stone Cold is marching down the ramp, they're all just standing in the ring in shock, and they are not ready for the ass whoopin they're about to get.

stew

Dec 2, 2017
"He had not had the benefit of reviewing all of his emails prior to the interview and you graciously allowed him to review his emails and amend his statements — which he did. Now, after various amendments to his statements, Dr. Corsi is being asked to affirmatively state that he lied to FBI agents. The issue is that the statements that Dr. Corsi made were, in fact, the best he could recall at the time."
lol! He thinks he can get away with that? He's just admiting they didn't give him enough time to prepare his lies.

This reminds me of Sam Nunberg, I think he's the one who sold them out. Mueller must have so many emails involving the three, and not only about the collusion.

I think the next step after Stone is Trump Jr, who also had contacts with wikileaks. Now Mueller has the answers from Trump about the Trump Tower meeting and he caught him lying, he can go ahead and show that Trump tried to reach Russians for help, he accepted the help from the Russians and there was a cooperation.

Also, one of the written question from Mueller was: "What did you know about communication between Roger Stone, his associates, Julian Assange or WikiLeaks?"
It'll be easy to prove that Trump lied, he let him give his answer first, now he'll make Stone flip.

Last edited:

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

TDB: Trump and Jerome Corsi Have a Defense Agreement, Giuliani Confirms

President Donald Trump, who built his political rise on promoting far-right birther claims against President Barack Obama, does in fact have a joint defense agreement with leading birther conspiracy theorist Jerome Corsi, The Daily Beast has confirmed.

Rudy Giuliani, Trump's attorney handling special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation, said in a brief phone interview morning that the joint defense agreement that Corsi had earlier claimed existed does actually exist. Giuliani said he confirmed this with Jane Raskin, another member of the Trump legal team, adding that the agreement is a recent development. Giuliani also said he has talked about the agreement and Corsi with President Trump in recent days, and that Trump told him he "vaguely knows" Corsi, but "doesn't remember the last time they spoke."

The Trump lawyer added that he knew of Corsi's work years ago on the "birther stuff."

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Jerome R. Corsi, Ph.D. @jerome_corsi

I have retained attorney Larry Klayman to assist David Gray in my defense. In a memo to my attorneys, I have instructed Klayman and Gray to file with Acting AG Whitaker a criminal complaint against Mueller's Special Counsel and the DOJ for prosecutorial misconduct in my case.

"SILENT NO MORE: How I Became a Political Prisoner to Mueller's Witch Hunt." https://amzn.to/2SjAm93 My 1st-person account of MUELLER"S INQUISITION for 40 hrs. grilling over 2 months. My attorneys preparing to file criminal complaints w Whitaker on Mueller Special Counsel & DOJ

RoaminRonin

Nov 6, 2017

I have retained attorney Larry Klayman to assist David Gray in my defense. In a memo to my attorneys, I have instructed Klayman and Gray to file with Acting AG Whitaker a criminal complaint against Mueller's Special Counsel and the DOJ for prosecutorial misconduct in my case.

"SILENT NO MORE: How I Became a Political Prisoner to Mueller's Witch Hunt." https://amzn.to/2SjAm93 My 1st-person account of MUELLER"S INQUISITION for 40 hrs. grilling over 2 months. My attorneys preparing to file criminal complaints w Whitaker on Mueller Special Counsel & DOJ

Lol the balls on this guy. I hope Mueller clips them.