• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Impeach the President

• Yes

Votes: 658 90.3%
  • No

Votes: 32 4.4%
  • I dont know

Votes: 39 5.3%

• Total voters

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017

A majority of House Democrats have now called for opening an impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump despite Speaker Nancy Pelosi's urging the caucus to focus their attention on congressional investigations and ongoing legal battles.

Rep. Salud Carbajal, of California, put the Democrats over the halfway mark on Friday, saying in a statement that Trump "evaded truth, encouraged his staff to lie repeatedly to investigators and engaged in obstruction," adding "that's criminal."

With Carbajal's announcement, 118 out of 235 House Democrats have publicly called for opening an inquiry. More than two dozen Democrats have now voiced support for moving ahead with the impeachment process since former special counsel Robert Mueller testified before the House Judiciary and Intelligence committees last week.

Ahhh! So we finally have majority support! The very thing Impeachment opposition badgered about to begin with...

Where you at Pelosi???

tenor.gif

"We will proceed when we have what we need to proceed — not one day sooner," Pelosi said last week. The speaker added that members can "espouse their own position" on impeachment and are welcome to criticize her stance. But she has continued to urge Democrats to "legislate, investigate and litigate

"We may not do that, we may do that, but that's a conclusion at the end of the process," Nadler told reporters last week about his panel recommending articles of impeachment against Trump. He added when pressed that his committee has "in effect" been conducting an impeachment inquiry into the president.

Sixteen of the 24 Democrats on his committee also back an inquiry.

"What's going on is that I think too much has been made of the phrase 'an impeachment inquiry,'" Nadler told reporters Friday. "We are doing what our court filing says we are doing, what I said we are doing, and that is to say we are using our full Article I powers to investigate the conduct of the president, and to consider what remedies there are."

giphy.gif

House Dems finally has majority support, Nadler's committee has majority support for impeachment.... yet here the story continues of not doing a goddamn thing. Pelosi and Nadler are fucking cowards. And Im happy to post this news to say to everyone who kept whining about not having majority support being the reason that y'all look like clowns now.

Not holding Clown accountable through congressional powers is some coward shit.

And before we start litigating the benefits, its supremely silly to allow Clown to campaign in 2020 and focus on his messaging, You have an opportunity to put him on his heels and have to defend countless dirt that would brought up by the initial proceedings. This shit takes time, it will take up most of the time going into the election.

But nah, you'd literally rather allow this dude to speak his nonsense undistracted and let him focus on his bullshit message.... despite having a free alley-oop to rattle his cage...

This is that weak shit.

Last edited:

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
But he's self-impeached thirteen times over already, surely that's good enough?

/s

Impeach the mf

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Roughly half of democrats supporting it isn't enough for impeachment to happen. It requires a simple majority in the House, not a simple majority of democrats.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't this get posted yesterday?

I also don't think they're going to push unless they can get like, 100% of the Dem House behind it. It dies in the Senate.

The right thing to do is to push this, even if it dies. The problem with this kind of waiting is it fuels the propaganda that this is empty air ala a Benghazi for the "left".

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Didn't this get posted yesterday?

I also don't think they're going to push unless they can get like, 100% of the Dem House behind it. It dies in the Senate.

The right thing to do is to push this, even if it dies. The problem with this kind of waiting is it fuels the propaganda that this is empty air ala a Benghazi for the "left".
I don't think so. More and more Dems have been coming out for support, now we finally got over half. But it could have happened yesterday and a thread was made, sure.

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine how much higher this could be if Pelosi wasn't trying to sandbag this at every possible step.

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
I could've sworn I replied to a thread like this already.

House finally has majority support,
No, not yet.

118 Democrats is not enough. With 435 total members in the House, we'd need 218 votes to have the OVERALL majority.

Keep up calling your representatives that don't support it yet.

Last edited:

Loan Wolf

Nov 9, 2017
Get the impeachment inquiries ready, and continue calling out Moscow Mitch once the Senate rejects it

Andrew-Ryan

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Why would they pull the trigger now? It's obviously going to fail to get him impeached with what they have right now and when that happens it only massively strengthens Trumps position. Are they just going to call for impeachment again if their 1st try fails? It'll make them look pathetic. They're only going to move ahead with proceedings when they have something they know is actually going to get him or at the very least run it very, very close.

OP
OP
DigitalOp

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
That isn't what majority support is. A majority of Dems is not the majority of the House.

True but the sentiment is growing.

The main point being that Pelosi and Nadler are "leaders", and if the majority of Dems support it... then they should be leaders and start pushing the sentiment

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
202-224-3121

Call...to thank, to pressure, to taunt (for impeachment, dem not yet so, gop respectively).

True but the sentiment is growing.

The main point being that Pelosi and Nadler are "leaders", and if the majority of Dems support it... then they should be leaders and start pushing the sentiment

Nadler already is in everything but name for his committee, and her new strat is at least working.

Why would they pull the trigger now? It's obviously going to fail to get him impeached with what they have right now and when that happens it only massively strengthens Trumps position. Are they just going to call for impeachment again if their 1st try fails? It'll make them look pathetic. They're only going to move ahead with proceedings when they have something they know is actually going to get him or at the very least run it very, very close.

With all due respect, because of this kind of confusion.

Impeachment doesn't mean the senate vote, nor the senate trial, nor the house vote, but starting with the house investigation. Hell, Im guessing this is why the numbers change so much given how its phrased ("start investigation" vs "begin impeachment") as some who want him behind bars are also worried about misprosecuting him and he wriggles free.

If anything, since it's on now in everything but name in the Judiciary Committee, that just airing out every crime, every failure, every instance of selling out the country *cheers Cummings* is showing to low-info voters and delusional fucking fantasy land voters (aka GOP) what the reality is. Not to mention that it steels the mic and camera away from the sack of shit target of this, a victory on the battlefield of the Information War.

NervousXtian

Oct 27, 2017
Calling people on Era clowns, when majority Dem support doesn't mean it's majority Congressional support. HUGE, HUGE difference there.

Moving for impeachment now would be a losing maneuver and look desperate to a lot of swing voters. Besides, despite my personal opinion that Trump has committed multiple crimes, there is zero out there at this moment that would swing the GOP to ever go along with it. The Mueller report being what it was, which itself is damning, was played by the Trump admin brilliantly as a giant nothingburger.

Until Trump starts hitting the mid 30's in polls there's zero reason for the GOP to go along with it, unless something huge drops first (ie Epstein, Trump Org stuff, etc).

Middleman

Banned
Jun 14, 2019
House finally has majority support, Nadler's committee has majority support for impeachment.... yet here the story continues of not doing a goddamn thing. Pelosi and Nadler are fucking cowards. And Im happy to post this news to say to everyone who kept whining about not having majority support being the reason that y'all look like clowns now.
People be clowns and cowards because this dropped a day ago and Trump isn't in the stocks yet?

Y'all need to calm the fuck down.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So how what is the best possible result from this after the Senate does their thing?
The best result will be before the senate does its thing. Its a process and it should be dragged out as long as possible to make this fuck's life as miserable as possible (in addition to trying to get the narrative into the public conscious).

Ramala

Oct 28, 2017
Santa Monica, LA
The best result will be before the senate does its thing. Its a process and it should be dragged out as long as possible to make this fuck's life as miserable as possible (in addition to trying to get the narrative into the public conscious).

Gotcha. Isn't it better have that going on during the election cycle. All the investigations uncovering new dirty shit every day.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017

Ya, no.

Uncle at Nintendo

▲ Legend ▲
Jan 3, 2018
As a sensible centrist, I dont support anything unless it polls at 90% and has been means tested with focus groups.

OP
OP
DigitalOp

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Maybe you should edit all of the disinformation about having majority support for impeachment in your OP, before telling other people to "keep up"?

Majority of House Dems support impeachment.

I was hasty to say just House support, the point being the tune still hasn't changed from leadership and that should have people annoyed still.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
This may be the most one-sided poll that I've ever seen on Era.

Although "The Dark World" not being one of the choices probably helps.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Majority of House Dems support impeachment.

I was hasty to say just House support, the point being the tune still hasn't changed from leadership and that should have people annoyed still.
But none of the conclusions you make are based on them just having a majority of Dems supporting impeachment. The whole thing is either mistaken or disingenuous.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
It's a fool's game. The Senate will never follow through and Trump will just spin that failure in his favor.

OP
OP
DigitalOp

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
But none of the conclusions you make are based on them just having a majority of Dems supporting impeachment. The whole thing is either mistaken or disingenuous.
Nah you're just missing the point.

People whined and whined about Pelosi and Nadler not supporting impeachment because they don't have majority support.

They finally get it, and theyre still on a wait and see basis. Still looking for any other option except pushing for what the now majority of House Dems want.

It's shitty leadership. Point Blank

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People whined and whined about Pelosi and Nadler not supporting impeachment because they don't have majority support.

They finally get it

???

They want majority support in the House, not majority support in their own party only. What difference does it make that over 50% of Dems called for impeachment if they'd still lose the vote by a wide margin? The point is to win the vote.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, it's an important milestone. There's been a lot of Dems supporting it just in the last week alone. It's not just deep blue Dems on this list either and there's still a bunch of town halls to happen during the recess where they'll hear it.

The momentum is certainly all in one direction right now, gotta keep the pressure up.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nah you're just missing the point.

They finally get it, and theyre still on a wait and see basis. Still looking for any other option except pushing for what the now majority of House Dems want.

It's shitty leadership. Point Blank
I think you're woefully misinformed.

edit: would love to see you quote one post that made "slightly over 1/4 of the House" to be the numbers anyone was waiting for

OP
OP
DigitalOp

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
I think you're woefully misinformed.

edit: would love to see you quote one post that made "slightly over 1/4 of the House" to be the numbers anyone was waiting for

Ignoring everything I said in my last post isn't an effective debate technique

We're on 2 different pages here. I've already stated my beef

3bdelilah

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Impeach his orange ass even if it'll only be symbolic since it's never going to pass the Senate.