• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Crazy that his family gave him so many weapons, because how else could he build an arsenal like that

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
When agents raided the Boardman, Ohio, house where Justin Olsen was living they recovered 15 rifles, 10 semi-automatic pistols and roughly 10,000 rounds of ammunition

18 years old and has 25 guns and 10,000 rounds of ammo. Kid can't even legally buy alcohol in most states.

But hey, the US doesn't have an issue with guns....

Nov 2, 2017
The arsenal is large but sadly not that surprising. This has been the trend.

The rates of households which own guns in the US have been trending down, but the number of guns has just been going up and up. There are more and more guns in fewer hands, which means more guns per household.

There was a survey of gun ownership from several years back that when you correlated those figures, the number of guns per household among households with at least 1 gun present came out to 8 guns per home. There's been figures suggesting that half the guns in the country are owned by a segment that constitutes about 3% of the population, and the average guns owned per household for that group is like 17.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
FBI has been on a roll. Really feels like they've ignored the issue for so long and suddenly feel pressure to try. Now that they're trying they realize it's like shooting fish in a barrel.

Kinggroin

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uranus, get it?!? YOUR. ANUS.
It's not just one loony though. We fed ourselves the belief that hatred just magically dies off with old people, and that once younger generations come around everything will automatically be better. Well, it's not senior citizens shooting up public places and churches. It's not senior citizens attacking me on the basis of race and gender when I log onto online games. It's not senior citizens leading the alt-right and 8chan. It's teenagers and young adults.

Progress is not a straight line. It's a drunken walk towards some ambiguous destination where we seem to stumble into shit like concentration camps over and over again.

Fair enough

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
It's not just one loony though. We fed ourselves the belief that hatred just magically dies off with old people, and that once younger generations come around everything will automatically be better. Well, it's not senior citizens shooting up public places and churches. It's not senior citizens attacking me on the basis of race and gender when I log onto online games. It's not senior citizens leading the alt-right and 8chan. It's teenagers and young adults.

Progress is not a straight line. It's a drunken walk towards some ambiguous destination where we seem to stumble into shit like concentration camps over and over again.

This is the biggest takeaway from current events(last 10 years?) of US domestic terrorism.

Also

media

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just wanted to say I'm glad this was stopped but mostly that Themistocles Tsarnas is an excellent name.

Acinixys

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
How many more kids need to die before the USA wakes up?

100? 1,000,00?

Even if a Dem gets elected nothing will change because the gun nuts have so much money and power

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All these young, white guys being radicalized in right wing Internet bubbles. It's fucking scary.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
190814_wnn_ohio_arsenal_hpMain_16x9_1600.jpg

An Ohio teenager threatened to shoot federal agents, a Planned Parenthood and a gay bar and was found at a residence that had a gun vault and around 10,000 rounds of ammunition, according to police and court documents.

Justin Olsen, 18, was the moderator of an online chat where he made light of mass shootings and made the threats against all federal agents, the nonprofit, and an undisclosed gay bar, according to a police report from the Boardman Police Department.

After searching his father's house in Boardman, a suburb south of Youngstown, FBI agents seized 15 rifles and 10 semi-automatic pistols, according to a criminal complaint. Investigators also observed an estimated 10,000 rounds of ammunition in one room and another 300 rounds of ammunition on the stairway leading to the second floor, according to the complaint.

The case began in February, when the FBI received a complaint about Olsen in Anchorage, Alaska, and traced his computer information back to Olsen's address.

On Aug. 6, an FBI agent approached a Boardman police detective with the information and "in light of the recent mass shootings in the United States," officials decided to arrest him. He was taken into custody the next day at his father's residence.

Olsen, who is charged with aggravated menacing, admitted to making the threats, according to police, but said it was all a joke and for fun.

I love responsible gun owners that leave hundreds of rounds laying on their stairs.

I'm also super happy that they were alerted about this guy back in February, but only decided to act because dozens of people already died. I wonder how many warnings have been ignored?

Anyway, it looks like this fine young man was only doing it for the lulz. It seems like he comes from a nice family. Hopefully, the court goes easy on him. We wouldn't want to ruin what I'm sure is a bright future!

Bury me under 25 guns and 10,000 rounds of ammo if old.

Source: ABC News

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
On Aug. 6, an FBI agent approached a Boardman police detective with the information and "in light of the recent mass shootings in the United States," officials decided to arrest him. He was taken into custody the next day at his father's residence.

That part... like. For real? and of course, since he got caught, it was clearly only for the "lulz". Are these MFs like produced in some hidden basement using a the most racist, bigoted, shitheel DNA or something?

Brood

Nov 8, 2018
"it was all jokes and fun"
I hope one day we have a legislation which would criminalize anyone who uses this line as defense. I know it's hopeless but maybe it would happen through common law.

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Interesting to see the distinction between calling this white man a 'teen' even though he's a legal adult and the multiple occurrences of black underage teenagers being killed by police yet referred to as 'men'.

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
"What? Man I know I threatened to kill people, and amassed a pile of weapons and ammo, but I was just joking. I'd never do that."

*loads weapon

"You're over here policing my free speech, and that's a violation of the first amendment. It's unconstitutional!"

*points weapon at your head

"You're giving me no choice but to defend myself."

*kills you

"I did what I did in self defense."