• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
I am so livid right now.

The Yall'Qaedist, Dixiecrats otherwise known as Republicans have never cared for Democracy. They only care about the naked accumulation and exercise of power. They will destroy any and all rules or institutions that stand in the way of that. If they win the United States will cease to exist in our lifetime. Those are the stakes, so wake up before it's too late.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Look at all of the scumbag moves the NC GOP has pulled in the last decade.The Dems should have been quorum counting every day the second the GOP started putting the override vote on the calendar every day.

ibyea

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all blaming the Dems for this are ridiculous. Read the article.
I can at least blame dems for being a bunch of fucking morons and providing the reps a quorum. At this point these idiots should know better. But apparently asking them to use common sense like reasonably intelligent human beings is asking too much of them.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
This has fuck all to do with anyone being gullible when they where nto even there so dont know why this is being brought up

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, Democrats keep taking the high road like idiots.

Not sure what they expected to get out of this.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Democrats will never learn. I read this and had to laugh. Every Democrat should know you can't trust anything a Republican says.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This has fuck all to do with anyone being gullible when they where nto even there so dont know why this is being brought up
Them not being there and assuming the Republicans wouldn't try to pull a fast one while they were away at a ceremony is gullible.

I'm going to say something a bit heartless. Attending a 9/11 ceremony is not more important than guarding against electoral fuckery 1 year before presidential elections.

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
The Dems got burned for believing the GOP operates and negotiates in good faith, and that they stick to their word.

I won't reprimand, scold, or look down on them for expecting someone to hold to their word. But I hope that they don't believe a word that comes out of their mouth, or any word that comes from anyone that's been touched by the folks that did this. It's underhanded and dirty, and that's putting it mildly.

Deleted member 22490

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
9 democrats were there to provide a quorum and the GOP took advantage of that. The point is that the Dems need to stop trusting the GOP to be good faith actors. Time and time again, they show themselves to be unscrupulous and ruthless. Dems need to move away from civility and start playing the game by the new rules.

D i Z

Oct 25, 2017
Where X marks the spot.
tenor.gif

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, sorry, but you can 100% blame the NC Dems for trusting the NC GOP who have been the most evil state party in the country for years now.

They never should have provided quorum.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Shame on anyone blaming Democrats for this.

The majority of them were at a 9/11 ceremony.
It's pointing out that the Republican party is that much worse, and you need to be that much more vigilant in your intent, even if it's for something like a 9/11 ceremony.

There's more at stake in these trying times, and to simply say, and actions have to speak louder than just decorum, and all Dem politicians MUST recognize this if we're going to be able to keep fighting against this garbage party.

It's not about passing blame, it's about taking responsibility.

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Did they pinky promise like Pence promised Pelosi he would let her know when a kid died in a concentration camp?

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
The GOP always pretend they give a damn about the victims of 9/11 then pull disgusting shit like this.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So why didn't the Dems who were there just walk out once this started?

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
The NC GOP is pretty much the single most corrupt political entity in the country

And yet it's the Democrats fault I guess lol

So silly. Some people just want to find stuff to hate the Democrats about.

JealousKenny

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
If you know the opposition is dirty why would you keep willingly walking into their traps? If they need 61 people to hold a vote and the GOP only has 55, then why in the hell would 9 democrats even show up?

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
Y'all blaming the Dems are letting the most evil state party in the US off the hook.

They are the people that need to pay.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
There needs to be an understanding that conservatives in general feel there's a clock to their ability to win elections long term, and will continue to lash out more and more to try to protect their currently held beliefs and policies for as long as possible. They're like a cornered animal here, and we need to be ready for absolutely anything.

But you shouldn't even need to know that to know that North Carolina Republicans specifically aren't to be trusted. They've used every trick in the book over the last decade, many much more dastardly than even this. I'd be disappointed to see democrats fall for this in any other state, but them falling for it in North Carolina leaves me completely dumbstruck.

May 29, 2019
There are zero electoral consequences to playing dirty pool.

Republican voters want to stifle the Democrat's agenda at every opportunity. Democrats need to get on board with these tactics unless there's some weird significant percentage of voters that aren't in favor of stopping Republican policies no matter what?

GOP set the game on fire, and Democrats are playing with the ashes while the GOP pisses on them.

NC GOP strategies have been the test run for the national bullshit for some time. They should not be trusted as long as Trump is president and Tea Party scum remain.

Sobriquet

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wilmington, NC
"How dare you Mr. Speaker?" Butler said. "The trickery that is being evidenced by this morning is tantamount to a criminal offense."

Butler described the vote as a "hijacking of the process."
Butler told reporters that she was threatened with arrest on the House floor. She called the Republicans' governing "scorched earth politics" and an "embarrassment."

Hell yeah, Deb! That's my rep <3

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all blaming the Dems are letting the most evil state party in the US off the hook.

Everyone knows they're the most evil state party. They've been it for years. It's the job of the Dems in office to not let this shit happen. None of them should have went to the 9/11 ceremony. Don't let them win.

TyrantII

Oct 25, 2017
Boston
Usual suspects directing their anger at Dems yet again. Ridiculous.

I mean, they had the ability to block this and did a big old face plant. If you support stopping the rise of nationalistic fascism in the US, you need better democratic leadership than this.

A party that doesn't believe in Government is using every rule and even breaking them, while the other stands around whining about 50 year old norms that have long been murdered.

You can both be mad at the anti-democratic nazis on the right, and the incompetent and foolish dems on the left holding on for dear life and wishing away the situation they're confronted with.

Step the fuck up.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

They can't pay if the Dems keep getting played like this. Telling them they're being bad and unfair is not going "put them on the hook". You'll only keep them on the hook with legislative, judicial and or executive power and you're not getting those three unless you treat them like the bad faith actors they are.

Calling a criminal a criminal does not actually hold the criminal accountable. Having control of legal apparatuses and using it to punish is how you do accountability and Dems gave up some of their control of said apparatus AGAIN.