• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
So what did this budget entailed in the first place that got vetoed by the Governor?

Shame on anyone blaming Democrats for this.

The majority of them were at a 9/11 ceremony.

As an outsider looking at US politics day in and day out on this forum and YT, I feel that as disgusting as it is for Republicans to pull out this underhanded maneuver, they are committed to the concept of "win" in the present and for the future at all costs and that is commendable.

Furthermore, I am not going to blame democrats at the moment given I want to see how they will react. But optics-wise, it really feels like they (the older guard) are a pitiful bunch who keep failing to adapt to Republicans' fuckery which after nearly 3 years' of Trump's presidency would provide ample 'Perspective'.

Anyway, every day, it is becoming blatantly evident that there is a no such thing as generalization when painting republican politicians with broad brush as vile filth.

Good luck with America's next election. With the way things are progressing, who is to say that voting rights and gerrymandering regulations won't be revisited to advantage republicans as democrats (potentially) look on dumbfounded in the near future.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
Are the Democrats never supposed to leave the chamber or something? I'm not sure what people wanted the Democrats to do?

To be clear, against an actively hostile party, the NC Dems are gonna have to be organized. Way more than they currently are.

But the people and NC Dems need to actively make the GOPs lives hell. Going in on the NC Dems isn't doing that

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So what did this budget entailed in the first place that got vetoed by the Governor?

As an outsider looking at US politics day in and day out on this forum and YT, I feel that as disgusting as it is for Republicans to pull out this underhanded maneuver, they are committed to the concept of "win" in the present and for the future at all costs and that is commendable.

Furthermore, I am not going to blame democrats at the moment given I want to see how they will react. But optics-wise, it really feels like they (the older guard) are a pitiful bunch who keep failing to adapt to Republicans' fuckery which after nearly 3 years' of Trump's presidency would provide ample 'Perspective'.

Anyway, every day, it is becoming blatantly evident that there is a no such thing as generalization when painting republican politicians with broad brush as vile filth.

Good luck with America's next election. With the way things are progressing, who is to say that voting rights and gerrymandering regulations won't be revisited to advantage republicans as democrats (potentially) look on dumbfounded in the near future.

The veto gave the Dems leverage to craft a new budget and get some of what they wanted.

OP
OP
Sho_Nuff82

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
So did the Repubs who did this have anything to say about their ploy?
I quoted the Republican house speaker earlier:

The political equivalent of heel Chris Jericho tapping his wrist.

Note the complete lack of shame and the sneering "well duh what did you expect us to do? We scheduled the vote for literally every day for a reason." Biden sincerely thinks that these people can be negotiated with.

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
Direct your anger at the GOP, people.

Coming in here and blaming the Dems is ridiculous. Taking the GOP at their word was a mistake, but the liars are the problem, here.

Christ.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
I'm also kind of confused why they'd show their ass like this if they don't have the votes in the state senate to pass it.
It's just being scummy for the sake of being scummy. Or maybe I shouldn't be surprised by that.

Deleted member 22490

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Direct your anger at the GOP, people.

Coming in here and blaming the Dems is ridiculous. Taking the GOP at their word was a mistake, but the liars are the problem, here.

Christ.
The GOP has proven time and time again that they would use underhanded tactics to get what they want. We can definitely criticize Dems for providing them with a quorum.

Just_a_Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
They were fools to trust them. By its very nature the republican party appeals to the least trustworthy scum society has to offer.

Deleted member 7130

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trust republicans not to backstab, like you'd trust a cobra not to spit venom in your eye. Anything else, and you're a stupendous moron. Oh hey... look, centrist democrats!

Goat Mimicry

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
will never forget that time out-of-state Democrats had a GoFundMe for the NC GOP lol

I still can't get over how fucking pathetic that was.

Trump could shoot a man on 5th Avenue and some folks here would get mad at Pelosi

The Republicans are vile scum, but the Democrats enabled them in this situation. If the Democrats didn't provide a quorum, the Republicans wouldn't have gotten away with the shit they just pulled.

This is more like if Trump shot a man on 5th Avenue and Pelosi gave him the bullets.

Deleted member 22490

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Which is exactly what the GOP wants. Just more crapping on the Dems.
Does that mean we cannot criticize the Dems when they fuck up because that's what the GOP wants? Nope. If we want the Dems to be effective outside of just voting them into office, we need to also point out their fuck ups and have them learn from them.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
The GOP has proven time and time again that they would use underhanded tactics to get what they want. We can definitely criticize Dems for providing them with a quorum.

In an ideal world this would essentially be perfect example of victim blaming and would be reprehensible but these are two entire bodies of governance, one of which has proven to the be the "Scorpion" in the story of Scorpion and the Frog. After nearly 3 years, it is hard to hear Dems cry foul when they get stung despite knowing the nature of Republicans.

Anyway, let's see how Dems respond. Between their "self impeachable" mealymouthed response to their subpoena being blocked by fed judge... yea.

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
actually what the GOP wanted was what this thread is about, to push through a budget by playing the Democrats

They didn't push through a budget, they vetoed one. In the House. And if the numbers game holds up, it won't go through due to them being a seat short in the Senate.

Does that mean we cannot criticize the Dems when they fuck up because that's what the GOP wants? Nope. If we want the Dems to be effective outside of just voting them into office, we need to also point out their fuck ups and have them learn from them.

Of course everyone can criticize. But it's divisive. "The GOP is underhanded, but the Dems are just so stupid for trusting them."

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Dems acted like respectful human beings, while GOP did something dirty, but Dems fucked up?

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 22490

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Of course everyone can criticize. But it's divisive. "The GOP is underhanded, but the Dems are just so stupid for trusting them."
It's only divisive because people don't really want to examine how the Dems enable this kind of behavior.
Dems acted like respectful human beings, while GOP did something dirty, but Dems fucked up?
Yes. They fucked up by providing a quorum to a party that is absolutely known to be evil and duplicitous.

Deleted member 3896

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Pyccko

Oct 25, 2017
what I want to say will get me banned, so I'll just say these dudes don't deserve to live happily

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Look, if you didn't want to be robbed, why did you have something worth robbing? Both to blame, tbh.
And that robbery happened right in front of the police who don't lift a finger to stop it, would it be wrong to be angry at the police?

The democrat politicians aren't the victims here. Is any of the legislation they let slip through going to materially effect them as individuals? They're the police who are supposed to stop republicans from robbing from people who need that funding.

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
The co opting of "victim blaming" rhetoric is a little shameless guys.
Yep.

And that robbery happened right in front of the police who don't lift a finger to stop it, would it be wrong to be angry at the police?

The democrat politicians aren't the victims here. Is any of the legislation they let slip through going to materially effect them as individuals? They're the police who are supposed to stop republicans from robbing from people who need that funding.
Yep.

This is Democrats unlocking the door to let known liars and thieves into voters' houses, taking their word that they won't steal anything, and then acting shocked when stuff gets stolen.

Deleted member 3896

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what giving the GOP, especially the NC GOP, the benefit of the doubt has to do with being centrist. They're just gullible and naive and we've seen progressives can be just as bad on this front.
Exactly. I was quoting this post:

Trust republicans not to backstab, like you'd trust a cobra not to spit venom in your eye. Anything else, and you're a stupendous moron. Oh hey... look, centrist democrats!

Deleted member 22490

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
No, I'm saying that by claiming the Dems enable the GOP, you're very close to victim blaming.
And I'm not even in the realm of victim blaming. The Democratic Party wasn't the victim of a sexual assault or any other kind of crime. The real victims in this situation are the people of North Carolina, not the people who were elected to office to stop these kinds of GOP antics.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That something like this is legal to begin with is crazy. Well played.

Hopefully people have learned from their mistakes.

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
Shouldn't surprise anyone. Repugnicunts have been using 9/11 to do underhanded dirty evil shit for 18 years now.